Sports Festival Part 1 – Obstacle Race
391 0 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a two week break from school to prepare for the festival, the students all arrive hours before the event to work down their nerves.

The media has gathered outside and is currently trying their hardest to get through the security checks easily.

"Gah! The security checks are taking forever!"

A young female reporter moans,

"Yeah, after the whole attack they've been putting a lot of effort into protecting their students. It's a good decision, because it'll show any skeptical parents that their kids' safety is being taken care of. I also heard that the dead kids' parents won their lawsuit, which included the school adding more security. It also helps to quell any critics of them having the event in the first place."

An older man speaks up as he walks through the security check.

"Heh, I can smell the controversy already! And, I gotta make sure to get an interview with one of the class 1-A kids."

Another young reporter says with an evil grin on his face. An older male reporter speaks up,

"We should try getting an interview with the Kaneda family. I heard their daughter is in 1-A and Mrs. Kaneda is the one who designed the security."

Several reports had their viscous sights on the Kaneda family now. Thankfully, said family was invited into the VIP seating area with others such as the Yaoyorozu clan and heroes such as Mt. Lady, Endeavor, Best Jeanist, and Hawks. Of course, not all heroes were here now because they were tasked with security for the day.

Kasumi and the rest of 1-A are currently in the 1-A waiting room in their gym outfits.

Kasumi speaks up,

"Dammit, why do we have to wear these awful outfits?"

Kasumi fidgets with the collar of the gym uniform.

Tsu hands Uraraka a water bottle to help calm her nerves while Kasumi groans.

Kaminari groans as well,

"Yeah, I really wanted to wear my costume."

Monkey tail starts talking,

"Yeah, they banned them to even the playing field for the non-hero class kids."

Kasumi groans out again,

"Yeah, but what's the point of being the hero class if we can't show off what we'll look like when we become pros?"

Everyone kind of nods their head as a new face decides to talk to Kasumi after challenging Deku,

"Kasumi, I'm going to beat you."

Todoroki speaks matter of factly as Kasumi chuckles and grins at him,

"Yeah, sure Icy Hot, but I'll have to apologize."

Todoroki flinches at the nickname and says,

"Yeah? Why."

Kasumi looks at him and says,

"If you don't use your fire you'll never have a single chance. Sorry, but that's how it is."

Kaminari sweats slightly and chuckles out,

"Hah? The second strongest challenges the strongest? Makes me think of All Might and Endeavor."

Todoroki gets an angry look on his face as Kirishima puts a hand on his shoulder,

"What's with the angst all of a sudden? Don't spring this on her last second."

Todoroki shrugs him off and says,

"I'm not here to play nice and make friends, but whatever."

Kasumi chuckles at him and gets right up in his face, having to lean down slightly as she's 4 cm taller than him,

"All right then. I won't hold back fighting you."

Kasumi walks away towards the chair and stops before turning around,

"Well, not that much anyway. Don't wanna hurt you too bad, Icy Hot!"

Veins pop out of his forehead as he hears Icy Hot yet again. Suddenly, a voice comes over the intercom,

"FRESHMAN STAGE ENTER!"

The class all jumps slightly at the loud voice as they walk out of the room and down the hall to enter the field.

Present Mic's voice rings out around the stadium.

"THE UA SPORTS FESTIVAL! WHERE THE HERO WORLDS LITTLE EGGS AIM FOR EACH OTHER'S THROATS AND THE TOP! OUR GRAND YEARLY MELEE! AND LET ME GUESS, YOU ALL CAME TO SEE THEM, RIGHT? THE FRESH HEROES WHO BEAT BACK A MASS OF VILLAINS WITH WILLS OF STEEL!"

Suddenly, the teacher wills them to finally walk out and join the other classes,

"THE DEPARTMENT OF HEROICS FRESHMAN CLASS! YOU'RE HERE TO SEE CLASS 1-A RIGHT?"

Cheers erupt from the crowd as 1-A walks out with Kasumi at the front. Deku starts shaking while Kasumi feels right at home. She waves to the crowd and smiles widely. Ida chimes in,

"Can you draw out your best in front of an expecting crowd? This is good training for heroes. We'll have to fight in front of crowds all the time."

Kirishima yells out,

"Wow, they're really praising us to the sky! I'm getting kinda nervous now! How about you Bakugo?"

Bakugo speaks in his obnoxious voice,

"Nah, no way. You're just getting stage fright, wuss."

Kasumi looks around and sees six other groups in the tunnels, with only one really being of note. Class 1-B.

The obnoxious faces of the two that challenged them and the one who seems to be arrogant without the strength to back it up inherently pisses her off.

Present Mic speaks up yet again,

"AND FOLLOWING CLASS B, HERE COME THE CLASSES FROM C,D, AND E FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF GENERAL EDUCATION!"

Kasumi blocks out the rest of his speech and walks forward. She hears 1-B complain about being overshadowed by them, which Kasumi laughs at,

"If they wanted to complain, they should've gotten into 1-A to start off."

Kasumi looks at the stage and sees Midnight standing there. She sees the suit she wears, which made her mom angry at her dad for a good couple days, and licks her lips.

"Damn she looks good."

Midnight is about to speak up before hearing what Kasumi says,

"Funny, other women call me a skank usually."

Kasumi chuckles and says,

"I just know how to appreciate a good view."

Midnight chuckles before saying,

"You got a couple years before you enter my dating pool, little girl."

She playfully winks at Kasumi before addressing the students, who were sitting around awkwardly.

"Fucking disgusting."

One of the students says. Kasumi makes sure to keep note of who said that so she can beat them later.

"Now, I'll have everyone know that me being here is perfectly on the level! Now, player rep, Kaneda Kasumi!"

Kasumi walks up on the stage as people speak up,

"What? The representative is Kasumi?"

Deku speaks up shocked due to her personality.

Hanta Sero speaks up,

"She placed first in the entrance exam, remember?"

A girl speaks up after and says,

"Yeah, the HEROICS entrance exam."

As Kasumi walks past her, she says,

"Yeah, I placed first in the exam that actually matters. Now deal with it."

Kasumi doesn't feel like being nice to these people who are already prejudiced against her, so she doesn't mind insulting them.

She steps up and stands in front of the mic,

"Sensei, I believe I speak for everyone when I say this."

People quiet down as they prepare to hear the best student of UA's freshman class talk,

"Class 1-A is gonna kill it this year! We got this guys!"

She gives a thumbs up to her class as everyone starts groaning about her,

"But I'm still gonna get first."

She winks at the crowd of students, which pisses some off and attracts others due to the playful nature of it.

As she walks down into the crowd of angry students with a triumphant smile. Deku notices why Kasumi is doing this, to single herself out and make her stand out even more.

Midnight smiles and continues on,

"All right! With that done we can move directly onto the first event!"

Kasumi stands next to Uraraka and Tsu as uraraka says.

"Wow, never an idle pause at UA huh?"

"Onto the preliminaries! Lots of fine folks end up choking on their tears here every year, and this year's first round is…"

She points at the screen and yells out,

"THE OBSTACLE RACE!"

Everyone lines up at the start and gets ready as it's explained to them.

"Sorry Tsu, Uraraka, but I'll have to leave you guys behind for a bit!"

Uraraka smiles at her,

"I dunno about that! I've got a secret move up my sleeves!"

Tsu just nods her head and says,

"If you do that flying hand thing you'll probably get a high score."

But, Kasumi has a different move on her mind for this one… The color from her hands starts to move up her arm and into her shirt, disappearing into the clothes.

"ON YOUR MARKS…"

Kasumi goes down into a runner's pose.

"GO!"

Kasumi shoots forward ahead of everyone else like a bullet, Todoroki attempts to slow her down by making the ground in front of her icy, but her legs break through the ice like it's nothing. Todoroki lets out a 'Tch' and starts putting the ice behind him instead to make it more difficult for everyone to move. Kasumi gets ahead and notices two villain bots like in the entrance exam, and one of the so called "thwomp type" villains.

Several general education kids speak up in shock,

"WAIT A MINUTE, THE HERO CLASS HAD TO DEAL WITH THESE?!"

Kasumi doesn't even hesitate as she runs forward. One of the thwomp bots punches towards her. The hand barrels down as everyone in the crowd grows shocked that UA would put students in this much danger, but then,

*CLANG!*

A small amount of energy forms itself into a shield in front of Kasumi and makes the hand fall off its course and slam to her side. She easily runs between the bot's legs and feels a blast of cold air shoot out behind her and freeze the bots, before making them fall and block the way.

Kasumi calls out behind her,

"Nice job Icy Hot! Or should I just call you Ice Ice baby since you don't like fire?"

Todoroki's brows furrow as he says,

"Keep insulting me so you'll lose your place!"

Present Mic speaks up,

"AS EXPECTED OF 1-A! MOST OF THE STUDENTS WHO GOT PAST ARE FROM THERE!"

Aizawa's tired voice comes through the mic,

"It's not that the other classes are weak, 1-A just has more experience."

Kasumi continues running on and comes to the course called the FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL, named by Present Mic.

Since she's ahead, she doesn't really know its name so she calls it Sonic Adventure pumpkin level. She grabs herself with an energy hand and starts flying over, though her flying mode is slower than her running one. She glides over the holes with ease while Todoroki struggles while climbing on the ropes,

"YOU KNOW ICY HOT, IT'D HELP BOTH OF US IF YOU BURNED THOSE ROPES BEHIND YOU!"

Todoroki gets even angrier at her as he hears that.

"NOT GONNA HAPPEN!"

The crowd sees on the screen that the two are yelling at each other, and think that the two have teamed up.

"Well that's not fair! The top two kids in the school are teaming up? Where's the honor in that?"

An ugly overweight man starts speaking up in the VIP lounge before being yelled at by a woman with very beautiful features,

"Oi! That's my fucking daughter you overgrown egg!"

Yup, Kasumi's mom yells at the man and calls him an egg.

Kasumi continues running after passing the FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL and finds a minefield. She assumes that while they aren't lethal they'll at least be disorienting. Kasumi starts gliding again and lands on the other side before turning around to look at the other students. She sees that Bakugo has caught up to Todoroki and the two are currently fighting with each other. As she is near the finish, she sees Deku doing his usual dumb plan that always works. She turns back around and puts all her power into her legs as she hears the explosion.

Deku quickly overtakes the rest of the class and lands beside Bakugo and Todoroki before flipping around and making another set of mines blow up in the twos faces. He shoots forward and is sure he's going to win before hearing,

"AND THE TRIUMPHANT ONE IS… KANEDA KASUMI! HERS WILL BE A NAME TO KNOW!"

Right as he passes the finish line, he sees Kasumi waving to the crowd and basking in the glory of finishing first. She sees Deku and gets a wide smile as she runs to him and hugs him,

"I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT DUDE! JEEZ, YOU ALMOST BEAT ME!"

She lets him go and hits his head gently in faux anger. He laughs slightly, the jealousy from being second place fading away as he sees the playful face of his friend.

-----------------------------

25