Sports Festival Start
418 3 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"GATHER ROUND MASS MEDIA! THIS YEAR ALL YOUR FAVORITE HIGH SCHOOLERS WILL LET THEIR YOUTH RUN FREE LIKE A BUCKING BRONCO YET AGAIN! THE UA SPORTS FESTIVAL HAS BEGUN! EVERYBODAAAAAY, ARE YOU READAAAAAAY?!"

The media listens to Present Mic's speech and looks at each other with trepidation. One of them has to ask. Eventually a man with soulless eyes steps forward and asks Present Mic the burning question,

"Mr. Mic, I assume you know about what happened during the attack as everyone else does. Doesn't starting this festival so soon after a student passed away feel a little disrespectful?"

Present Mic's smile fades slightly as he goes to address the question; however, a small voice speaks up behind him as Principle Nezu steps forward,

"Indeed it does feel a little wrong, however, we can't let things that have already passed affect the students who are still here. The sports festival is more than a festival, it's a chance for them to show themselves off and get recognition for their efforts. We can't in good faith stunt the growth of the students' careers. This is the reason we postponed the festival."

The reporter nods his head and asks again,

"Do you believe that the security for the festival is sufficient to prevent what happened weeks prior?"

Nezu smiles and nods his head,

"Indeed. We partnered with Kaneda Construction and Security to turn our school into a fortress. I dare say that we may be more protected than even the Association headquarters. Especially considering that the security was designed by Mrs. Kaneda herself!"

The reporters let out a few 'Oooooh's and a couple "Ahhhhh's. They start conversing amongst themselves,

"Kaneda?"

"Didn't she refuse to do the Association's headquarters?!"

"If she did it, he's definitely not bluffing."

The reporter who started this question smiles slightly and speaks up once again,

"I see. Indeed it feels safe in here. I suppose her offering this has to do with the fact that her daughter was involved in the attack?"

Nezu nods his head and says,

"Indeed. Her daughter is the best student in class 1-A as far as strength and heroic spirit go. She's a bit blunt, but she's a good kid. However, if you're going to ask to interview her I'll have to respectfully decline."

The reporter frowns slightly but sighs and says,

"Well, at least we can film the sports festival."

Nezu bows slightly and speaks up,

"Well, I am needed so the festival can begin. Tata!"

He waves as he turns around. Present Mic walks behind him as well and hears Nezu say,

"Annoying humans."

Present Mic nods his head in agreement as the two walk into the giant coliseum that the festival takes place in.

Kasumi stands in the doorway, about to leave class before she sees a giant crowd of students in front of her. Uraraka, who was holding her hand says,

"What the heck?"

Kasumi gets angry and speaks loudly,

"Oi, wimps. Get out the way!"

Bakugo walks in front of her and says,

"Scoping out the competition huh? Or did you just wanna see the group that beat a group of real villains half to death? It's pointless to try intimidating us so fuck off you goddamn mobs!"

Ida yells at Bakugo and says,

"DON"T GO AROUND CALLING PEOPLE YOU'VE NEVER MET MOBS!"

Someone with spiky hair speaks up from the back,

"I came to see what you guys were made of but I didn't think you'd be this arrogant. Are all the kids in this class like you two?"

Both Kasumi and Bakugo get angry and say,

"HAH?!"

Kasumi looks at Bakugo with narrowed eyes and fights off the temptation to slap his head.

"Honestly, I'm a bit disillusioned. There's a lot of kids who end up in General Education or other departments because they failed heroics, you know?"

Kasumi looks at the tired looking individual with a vein popping out of her forehead. She's about to start swearing like a sailor but is stopped by Uraraka who squeezes her hand and Tsu who holds her arm.

Soon, the tired looking boy continues,

"You know, based on the results of the festival, people can even be reviewed to transfer to the heroics department. And, the reverse is also possible. I'm not scoping out the competition. If anything, a general ed guy like me is thinking 'Hey, why don't I try pulling the rug out from under those heroics kids while they're on their high horses?' Consider it a declaration of war."

Kasumi is milliseconds away from punching this guy in the gut before another annoying voice pops up,

"HEY! YOU! I'M FROM CLASS B! I HEARD YOU GUYS KNOCKED AROUND A COUPLE VILLAINS SO I CAME TO HEAR IT DIRECTLY! BUT I DON'T WANNA HEAR IT FROM SOME SNOT-NOSED PUNKS! DON'T EMBARRASS US DURING THE EVENT, HEAR ME?"

That was the breaking point for Kasumi.

"Hehehe."

Uraraka, Tsu, and Deku all back away from Kasumi as they hear this laugh. When she gets extremely annoyed, Kasumi starts laughing slightly. She then starts ye-

Kasumi closes the door calmly as Bakugo starts talking.

"None of them matter. We're at the top."

Kasumi nods her head and turns around. People are greeted by a horrifying smile that doesn't reach her eyes. A few vessels are popping out of her forehead as she speaks back to Bakugo,

"You know? For once, me and you see eye to eye on something. I'm still gonna beat them senseless though. May as well show them WHY we're at the top."

Bakugo smiles as he hears this from her as vessels start popping up around his neck and forehead too,

"I completely agree. Let's kill these fuckers."

And so, an unholy alliance was forged that day.

----------------------------

25