Sports Festival Part 2 – First Match
1.1k 6 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everyone slowly pours in after the race, with Todoroki pouting around, and Bakugo yelling angrily. Uraraka walks up to Kasumi and speaks,

"Ah! Kasumiiiiiii you were amaziiiiiiing."

She walks over and slightly collapses into Kasumi's arms. Kasumi giggles as she falls and hold her up,

"You did good! Especially considering your quirk doesn't really help with speed! I'm proud of you."

Kasumi pets Uraraka's head as Tsu finally finds them and joins in on the praise. Suddenly, Midnight's voice rings out,

"The top 42 have earned the right to advance! I'm sorry to the kids who failed, but take heart! This festival's showstopper is still being prepared!"

She takes a breath before continuing,

"And now for the post preliminaries, the final selection! From here on out, even the press will teem in a white heat of excitement, so go all out!"

She poses with her arms out,

"Now then, onto today's heart pounding second event! I already know what it'll be, but the suspense is killing me.. What could it be?! Behold!"

She points to a white screen behind her that shows the words human cavalry battle.

Kids start talking and describing the subject before it even starts, causing Midnight to get angry because that was her job.

'Basically, we have to keep the headband on our heads and take the bands from others. Wow this should be easy for me.'

Midnights voice wakes Kasumi from her thoughts as she says,

"First place receives ten million points!"

Kasumi's face goes blank as she says,

"Heh?"

'Well, this just got even easier!'

A wide smile shows on her face as she thinks about a strategy.

'Alright, I'll need Uraraka and Momo. So I can get Tsu as well!'

I take both of their hands and walk over to Momo.

"Hey, Momo! Do you wanna team up?"

Momo blushes as Kasumi approaches and looks around, noticing how pretty much everyone else is already in groups before sighing and saying,

"Sure."

Kasumi smiles and says,

"Alright! Here's the plan, Uraraka, I need you to make yourself weightless and be the actual head of the horse. Momo I need you to create me some silver ingots to eat. Tsu, I need you to make sure none of us fall off when we start! I'm gonna hover us above everyone when the match starts and put us up on the rafters! This'll be a piece of cake!"

And indeed it was. Deku and Todoroki fought eachother for their headbands, while everyone helplessly watched team Uraraka climb up into the rafters and away from the hands of the other students. Obviously, the team finished with their full points. Next up, the tournament!

"Alright! Now I'll determine who fights whom through this lottery. Once the matchups are decided, we'll do a fun bit of recreation and then we'll commence!"

She's about to start pulling out the numbers as tail boy and some mob from class 1-B decide they don't want to compete due to them being controlled by a kid on their team. Midnight allows them to step out and Tetsutetsu's team is allowed to take their place. There's a total of twenty individuals participating, which is four more than canon.

Kasumi is paired up versus Aoyama to start off. Kasumi notices that Deku goes against the creepy guy who ticked her off. She sees him trying to intimidate Deku and walks up to Deku and says,

"Kick creepy guys ass Deku, or I'll do it for you!"

Kasumi, Tsu, and Uraraka walk over to their reserved spots in the stands.

"So, who do you think is gonna win?"

Uraraka asks Kasumi,

"Personally, I think Deku will win. That gross kid looks like he's an absolute twig under the uniform. But I don't know skinny dudes quirk."

Suddenly, tail-man speaks up to her side,

"His quirk can mind control people. If you respond to him he can make you do whatever he asks."

Kasumi freezes for a second and says aloud,

"Captain Mindrape?"

Tail-man freezes and says,

"Uh… Sure…"

Tsu hurriedly covers Kasumi's mouth and says,

"You really have to learn to think with your mouth closed, ribbit~"

Kasumi nods her head, but knows she's still gonna do it.

"Well, anyway. Deku will probably lose then."

Uraraka looks at Kasumi and slaps her shoulder,

"Kasumi! How could you say that!"

Kasumi pats Uraraka on the head and chuckles at the light hit,

"Deku is… Forgetful. Captain Mindrape will say something about his friends and Deku will talk back. He's a good friend, but man is he gullible."

Uraraka frowns but knows Kasumi is right, but Tsu bonks Kasumi on her head, which makes Kasumi let out an "EEP!" and then hold her head in pain.

"Don't be mean to your friends even if they can't hear you. And stop saying things like that out loud. I just told you that! ~ribbit"

Kasumi pouts at Tsu and the three walk towards the seats where they see Deku and Captain Mindra- *ahem*... Shinso walking towards the platform built by Cementoss. Kasumi stares down at Shinso and looks into his eyes as he starts goading Deku. She sees him say something, and then Deku charges forward and talks back. Deku then freezes.

"Haaaaah. Of course."

Kasumi leans back in her chair and just watches as Deku turns around and starts walking back. Kasumi sees his hand start glowing slightly as power shoots from his hand and blows his arm up with smoke blasting across the field. He then charges the kid and ignores his taunts as Deku shoves him backwards. The kid punches Deku across the face, but Deku manages to flip the kid out of bounds.

Kasumi smiles as she sees this and says,

"Good job Deku. You really surprised me with this one."


AN: yes, i skipped the horse thing. it was boring af.

32