Proficiency System
296 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arriving at the training yard, he saw an older man taking with his father, who he remembered from his memories was Cang Wuya, even though he was not their blood relative, he still treated Fei Wuji and Fei Chen as his true family.

"Grandfather, father I am here."

Both men stopped talking and looked at him, he could feel it from their gazes that they were very serious right now.

Cang Wuya looked at his grandson there was no familial warmth in his eyes right now, he knew that this is the start of his grandson's martial path and he had to guide him with an adequate amount of strictness so that he knows that this was not a game he can stop playing whenever he wants to.

"Chen'er, you are five years old now, it is time to start taking the first step in your martial path. Are you ready!"

"Yes grandfather, I am ready!"

Fei Chen replied with determination his eyes shining with expectation.

"Path of martial artists is not an easy one, there will be many hardships along the way, do you still want to walk this path."

Cang Wuya asked again,

"Yes! Grandfather, I want to become a cultivator just like you and father!"

Both Cang Wuya and Fei Wuji were very satisfied with his answer their face returned to their jovial self and laughed with satisfaction.

"Good, good, good grandson."

"Chen'er, listen and try to remember what grandfather is going to teach now, alright?"

Fei Chen just nodded his head in acceptance.

"First thing you need to learn is the basic martial arts of the heavenly palace, the basic body tempering exercise, and elementary breathing techniques."

After telling about martial arts, he showed the exercise stances and breathing techniques. Both of them have to be performed simultaneously for the best effect, but children usually do the exercise first and use breathing techniques to recover from the fatigue and continue the cycle, the more they become proficient with the breathing techniques the more easily they can do it while exercising.

While Cang Wuya was demonstrating the exercises, there was a bewildered look on Fei Chen's face,

[Ding  Initiating proficiency system]

[Ding  basic body tempering exercise (proficiency 0.0%)]

[Ding  Elementary breathing technique (proficiency 0.0%)]

Fei Chen, this time was so shocked that his mouth hung open and his eyes dazed over the holographic display shown before him. Fei Chen was very excited, he finally got his golden finger.

Cang Wuya demonstrated five times all of the exercises so that Fei Chen could learn all of them properly.

[Ding Basic body tempering exercise (proficiency 2.0%)]

[Ding Elementary breathing technique (proficiency 1.2%)]

'' Boy, did you get it all, did you understand?"

Cang Wuya asked, looking at Fei Chen.

"Yes!"

"Okay, let's see how much you learned. Start with body tempering exercise first."

Fei Chen nodded and started doing the exercise, during the exercise he could feel the strain every part of his body was going through, but he persevered, he knew this was just the start. After completing one set of exercises he was drenched from head to toe, his muscles were spasming and shaking as if he was about fall.

Cang Wuya and Fei Wuji were stunned to see him complete one set of body-tempering exercises. They knew children who were able complete one set of exercises for the first time had incredible willpower, this was what set geniuses apart from the common folk.

[Ding Basic body tempering exercise (proficiency 4.5%)]

Cang Wuya and Fei Wuji's eyes shined with pride, there was wide smile on their face. Even though he knew that Fei Chen's stances were shaky at best, the main point was he completed the exercise on his first try, and that mattered a lot in the long run.

"Well done Chen'er. Now, sit and start the elementary breathing technique."

Fei Chen was too exhausted to respond properly, he only nodded and sat in a meditative position, and start breathing according to the technique. He could feel the heat rising inside his abdomen with every breath he took, after a while, the heat in his abdomen started spreading throughout his body helping him relax his muscles, and slowly but surely he could feel the fatigue leaving his body.

Fei Chen opened his eyes after a while when felt that he had recovered fully.

[Ding Elementary breathing technique (proficiency 3.7%)]

Cang Wuya and Fei Wuji were again pleasantly surprised with how fast he recovered. Elementary breathing techniques could be considered a crude way to test someone's talent in the absorption of spiritual energy. Fei Chen's natural talent could be easily considered in the realm of a genius, both men were hopeful that Fei Chen will have a genius talent and the heavens didn't let them down, Fei Chen didn't let them down.

7