Life In Heavenly Palace
294 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The talent shown by Fei Chen could be counted in the top percentile of the Heavenly Palace. Fei Wuji despite having a powerful grandfather and equally talented father did not have the same amount of talent as them, this was the reason they were so surprised.

Cang Wuya and Fei Wuji encouraged Fei Chen to practice hard if he wanted to reach their level one day, after which they left him to practice. After practicing another set of exercises and breathing techniques he felt mentally exhausted, but he was smiling widely like an idiot in his mind.

[Ding Basic body tempering exercise (proficiency 5.5%)]

[Ding Elementary breathing technique (proficiency 4.8%)]

Looking at the system notification made him feel confident about his future. Even though his system seemed very basic, it provided him with knowledge of the techniques he was practicing, which helped him see his mistakes and master techniques many many times faster than the so-called geniuses of this world.

Thinking about the two most widely known professions in this world, alchemy, and formations, Fei Chen couldn't help from making a wide grin on his face. Alchemy and formations in this world were all about knowledge and experience, which could also be termed proficiency. His system was all about, knowledge and experience.

After contemplating his system for a while, Fei Chen looked at the sky, it was already afternoon, he has been practicing since morning and he felt a little hungry now.

"yeah, let's get something to eat, but before that....."

He tried to smell his training clothes which were wet from his sweat, It made him wrinkle his nose tightly to hold his breath.

"I should take a bath."

Reaching his courtyard Fei Chen ordered the old servant who has been assigned to him for the past year to draw a bath for him and prepare lunch for him.

After washing himself with a bucket of water, he submerged inside the bathtub, there were some common herbs mixed in the water which helped relax his mind a bit. After taking a relaxing bath, he ate the lunch which already been served on his table, finishing his lunch he wanted to check out the family library, he was quite excited about the knowledge of this world and its geography, and it would also allow testing the limitations of his system.

Reaching the library he found his grandfather sitting in front of a window reading some book. His grandfather looked up from his book and smiled,

"Oh, Chen'er what is it, are you here for a book?"

"Grandfather I want to read about the world, are there any books about that?"

Fei Chen asked his grandfather,

Cang Wuya looked at his grandson, he was just thinking about how to introduce him to the history and geography of this world, he was inwardly very gratified that his grandson was not only a genius in martial arts but was also very inquisitive about the world at a such young age.

"Hmm, go to the third column there you will find what you need."

"Thank you, grandfather."

Fei Chen thanked his grandfather with a smile.

Heading towards the bookshelf, he found many thick and old-looking books stacked neatly on the shelf. He took out a book called nine Continents of the world, he took the book and sat on a chair at the side of the library, and started reading.

Reading the book he found out that there were nine continents in total, Greencloud Continent, Central Continent, Southern Viewing Continent, Eastern Victory Divine Continent, Northern Sacred Lu Continent, Western Oxhe Continent, Soaring Dragon Continent, Dancing Phoenix Continent, Haohan Continent or Vast Sea Continent.

Among all the continents central continent is said to be the biggest of them all, In terms of wealth or power, it can easily be included in the top three among the continents.

After reading for quite some time he still didn't hear any notification from the system, so it was safe to assume that the general knowledge was not considered by the system as some form of skill.

Fei Chen finished reading the about the nine continents after which he started browsing for something that would give him a skill from the system, and he finally found something familiar from the novel, it was a book named basic sword technique.

Fei Chen looked excited to finally find something he knew about from his last life, taking the book off the shelf and opening the first page he instantly got a system notification,

[Ding Basic Sword Technique Proficiency(0.0%)]

Reading the system notification and failing to suppress an excited smile on his face he continued reading the book, he was so engrossed in the book he forgot about anything else and finally came to when he heard a coughing noise. Turning around he found his grandfather standing there with one hand behind his back and the other stroking his long grey beard with a pleased smile on his face.

"It's nice to study, Chen'er but you should be mind full of your health too, do you know how long you have been standing here reading the book?"

When hearing his grandfather talk about the time, Fei Chen finally saw outside the window and sure enough, the sun has already set, he felt his legs aching a little from standing for so long in the same position.

Cang Wuya sees that look of realization on his grandson's and instead of admonishing him further he just told him to go back and have a rest.

Fei Chen returned to his courtyard after returning the book to its shelf. Eating his dinner he finally sat on his bed and thought about how his first day in the cultivation world went.

Sitting in a meditative pose and closing his eyes he tried to calm his breathing which helped in calming his mind.

[Ding Basic Sword Technique Proficiency(3.2%)]

' Oh, I forgot about this system notification. Hmm, so all I have found out till now is that the system only considers martial arts to be skills, no worries I still haven't studied every book in the library, I think after reading the whole library I will finally know all the limitations of the system.'

9