Peak of Houtian(1)
166 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Sigh, cultivation slows down as you progress higher and higher in the realms. I would be stuck here for who knows how many years if I did not have the Proficiency System."

A young boy around seven years of age could be seen sitting inside a basement, the boy's face was very refined, after practicing martial arts for two years Fei Chen has lost all the baby fat on his face, and his deep black eyes flashed with wisdom far surpassing his age.

From the constant practice of Basic Body Tempering Exercises, his physic had the most noticeable change, with the knowledge from the system his muscles, tendons, and bones had been strengthened and refined to perfection without leaving behind any weaknesses, and his foundation could be said to be extremely robust.

Sitting inside his cultivation chamber Fei Chen recalled his past one and half years of experience,

…..Flashback...

After Fei Chen formed his first spiritual qi thread his grandfather started instructing him on the basic fist technique which was called Vajra Fist. There were a total of nine stances for this technique, with the mastery of every stance will allow the practitioner to punch with an extra 1000 jin of force with a total of 9000 jin. This technique also strengthens the arms of the practitioner over time.

"Chen'er, have you memorized the energy circulation for the Vajra Fist technique?"

"Yes, I have memorized it all."

Performing any martial art techniques requires the cultivators to flow their qi in specific meridians in their bodies which is often called energy circulation.

"Hmm, good. I know you have studied the stances in the book but let me give you a demonstration, pay attention now."

Fei Chen hearing this stood with his back straight, his eyes following every movement of Cang Wuya with utmost focus. After going through his first session of impurities cleansing his mind was very sharp, his learning ability had massive improvement, and he could even see far distances with great clarity.

Cang Wuya performed all nine stances for his grandson to see. Finishing the last stance he looked at Fei Chen, there was a contemplative look on Cang Wuya's face

"Chen'er, did you remember all the stances?"

"Yes!"

Hearing Fei Chen's short and confident replay the elderly man raised his eyebrows slightly,

"Oh, alright then. Show me how much you have learned."

Fei Chen nodded his head to his grandfather, stepping forward, closing his eyes he took a deep breath and exhaled slowly, for a second he looked at the system notification,

[Ding  Vajra Fist (proficiency (1.3 %))]

He knew his grandfather was trying to test the limits of his comprehension ability, clearing his head of all the distracting thoughts he remembered every movement of his grandfather while practicing Vajra Fists, employing the elementary breathing technique his mind slipped into a very focused state, he forgot everything besides the nine stances.

Meanwhile, Cang Wuya had a stunned look on his face when he saw his grandson performing the technique, he immediately realized that his grandson has entered the enlightenment state. Entering the state of enlightenment was a feat few could accomplish in their lifetime and those capable of doing it were exemplary geniuses with a very high possibility of them entering the Martial Saint realm.

Fei Chen could not describe the sensation he was feeling at moment he felt as if he knew everything there was about the Vajra Fist Technique, the movement, the energy circulation all the stances were clear to him as if he had been practicing them for years.

After what felt like a long time to Fei Chen which in reality was only an hour, he felt himself getting back to his senses and taking in his surroundings he looked at his grandfather who has not moved from his previous position, suddenly there was the sound of notifications from his system.

[Ding  Elementary Breathing Technique(proficiency (100 %))]

[Ding  Vajra Fist (proficiency (50 %))]

Fei Chen was astonished while looking at the notifications, but then it clicked in his mind that he has entered the enlightenment state. He was always hoping to enter the enlightenment state since his Elementary Breathing Technique and Basic Body Tempering Technique had reached 50 % proficiency, but for it to come so unexpectedly, it was hard to describe his feelings at the moment.

The moment his Elementary Breathing Technique reached 100 % he felt something change inside his body, with every breath he felt energized like he was breathing in spiritual qi instead of air, inside his dantian the qi thread increased in thickness by at least twice as before, with every circulation of qi throughout his body he could feel himself getting stronger even if by a very small margin. Fei Chen thought inwardly in elation,

' This is....., the technique has become passive after reaching 100 % proficiency! Now I can cultivate even while sleeping, this will surely reduce the time for me to reach the Xiantian realm.'

Cang Wuya approached him with a proud smile on his face,

"Chen'er, what you experienced just now is called the state of enlightenment, it is a wonderous state of mind that mainly occurs in individuals with great comprehension ability. Entering this state can allow you to skip many arduous years of cultivation."

Fei Chen showed an understanding look on his face upon hearing the elderly man's explanation while thinking inwardly to himself,

' Did my system help me enter the enlightened state, that is a possibility but what is the condition for that, is it 50 % proficiency in any technique and not 100 %? sigh, it's still too early for any conclusion.'

Cang Wuya seeing the pondering look on his grandson's face, let him indulge in his thoughts, after some time thinking about his system Fei Chen looked at his grandfather with an excited smile on his face,

"Grandfather,  I think I have reached the realm of master in Vajra Fist Technique."

Mastery of Martial arts techniques in this world can be classified as Initial, Well-versed, Nimble, Master, Ancestor, Truth, Creation, Heaven, and lastly, Divine Perfection! The limits of the martial techniques of those at the peak of the Houtian Realm were at the Ancestor level. Even for the Truth Realm, only a precious few of those in the Xiantian Realm would be able to gain sufficient insights and comprehend such a state.

"Oh, you think?"

Cang Wuya was amused hearing his grandson, he knew what Fei Chen was saying was most likely true, since he had experienced enlightenment himself. The elderly man laughed a little while stroking his beard in a sage-like manner trying to look profound and mysterious,

"Hmm, give me your strongest punch, let me see just how much you have learned."

Cang Wuya raised his right-hand palm to face Fei Chen, he lowered it to his height for the boy to get the best angle possible for a punch.

Fei Chen did not say anything just lowered himself into the stance and took a long deep breath and immediately felt energized, concentrating on his grandfather's palm he punched out with every ounce of his strength, "HAAH...."

Cang Wuya looked at the boy in slight surprise, the punch just has barely reached the strength of 10,000 jin, for him to punch with such force can only mean that his cultivation has reached the peak of the martial warrior realm,

"Good, good looks like the enlightenment state gave you more than enough benefits."

Fei Chen on the other hand had an even more surprised look, that's because when he punched his grandfather's palm just now he felt as if he had hit a cotton ball. The difference in strength was so wide that it wasn't even funny to compare.

Nodding his head in understanding, he had felt his strength increase after reaching 100 % proficiency in Elementary Breathing Technique.

After instructing him to keep practicing Cang Wuya left the training yard. There was a noticeable hurry in his steps which Fei Chen noted was maybe due to his earlier display.

7