Peak of Houtian(2)
228 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Heavenly palace situated in the central region of the Greencloud continent can be regarded as one of the oldest and most powerful sects with a long history of 10,000 years.

The location of the Heavenly Palace is not concealed; in fact, many know that it is situated on the "Heavenly Palace Mountain", one of the top three tallest mountains in the Greencloud Continent. Hence, that was where the Heavenly Palace got its name from. The other two are the Giant Beasts Mountains and the Flowerfruit Mountain.

There are a total of nine halls in existence in Heavenly Palace namely Lingxiao Treasure Hall, Starmoon Hall, Misty Hall, Constellation Hall, Starday Hall, Cotton Hall, Emperor's Audience Hall / Golden Throne Palace, Starsun Hall, Guardian Beast of the Heavenly Palace.

The Heavenly Palace has a long history. Major sects have their advantages but also their disadvantages. The Heavenly Palace's nine halls have a lot of people and are very complicated. Each of the halls in the Heavenly Palace represents a faction. Some of them are clan-based while others are sect-based.

The Starmoon Hall that Cang Wuya, Fei Wuji, and Fei Chen belong to has three notable clans, Feng Clan, Gongsun Clan, and Xi Clan.

Cang Wuya after leaving the training yard arrived at Fei Wuji's  courtyard, reaching the entrance to the house he saw Fei Wuji going through the records of disciples from Starmoon Hall,

" Wuji, this old man is here to discuss something with you."

Fei Wuji looked at his master and father figure,

"Master, what happened? please sit, I will brew some tea."

Cang Wuya sat at the table while thinking about how to bring the topic of his master, the current patriarch of Heavenly Palace to Fei Wuji, with the level of comprehension ability shown by Fei Chen he was the only suitable teacher or maybe a master for him.

Cang Wuya does not doubt that the patriarch will accept Fei Chen as his disciple, his only worry being Fei Wuji himself outright rejecting the notion,

'Sigh, Let's hope for the best, Wuji will surely put Chen'ers future before his grudges.'

Fei Wuji returned with two cups of tea, both men took a sip, and after a while, Fei Wuji asked,

"So, master, what do you want to talk about?"

Cang Wuya kept his silence for a few moments longer, after sighing softly,

"Wuji, I don't think I can unearth Chen'ers talent with my level of experience..... I think it's about time we tell him the truth."

Fei Wuji looked at his master with an unreadable look on his face but deep in his eyes there was loathing and scorn, these feelings were not directed at the elderly man sitting in front of him but at the patriarch of the Heavenly Palace himself.

Taking a deep breath to calm himself Fei Wuji asked his master,

"Are you sure master, shouldn't we at least wait for him to reach the Xiantian realm?"

Cang Wuya shook his head at that, he knew of Fei Chen's talent intimately, having trained the boy for the last six months he knew for a fact that he will reach the Xiantian realm before the age of ten, he knew of all these things that's why he wanted his master to train him,

"You and I both know that now is the best time for him to have a master, waiting until the Xiantian realm is not going to be helpful for him at all."

Hearing his master's words there was a look of struggle on Fei Wuji's face, relenting in the end, while having many complex emotions in his heart, he sighed heavily, laughing bitterly

"Sigh, haha....., I didn't know this time would come so fast, maybe I was only trying to delay the inevitable."

Cang Wuya was also feeling complicated, he knew what his master did was for the Heavenly Palace's safety otherwise Heavenly Palace might very well have been a forgotten history of the Greencloud continent, Cang Wuya heaved another long sigh and looked at Wuji, thinking to himself,

'But at what cost.....'

"Master, I understand, I will not let my feelings for that man hinder Chen'ers future. I will tell him about our family's past and let him decide for himself if he wishes to accept him as his master."

Cang Wuya did not say anything further, leaving Fei Wuji to his musings.

....(1 Week later)....

Fei Chen woke up early feeling refreshed, after his Elementary Breathing Technique became passive his sleeping time has been reduced to half, making it three hours instead of the previous six hours. Taking care of his bodily needs he exited his courtyard, there he saw his father standing with his back facing him,

"Father, good morning, were you waiting for long?"

Fei Wuji lost in thought heard his son's voice, turning around he assessed the boy with his spiritual sense, finding some peculiarity in the spiritual qi surrounding him he scrutinized his son's breath and found something astonishing, spiritual qi was continuously entering his body, afraid that something bad might have happened to his son he immediately appeared before him and took his hand, gently using his spiritual sense to look into his son's dantian he was extremely surprised to find the qi increasing in quantity with every breath Fei Chen took.

Meanwhile, Fei Chen throughout the process didn't even see his father move, it was like he teleported in front of him from where he was standing. With the speed of Fei Wuji, he has to be a Martial King realm cultivator, and Fei Chen was not wrong in his assumption as Fei Wuji was at level 2 of the Martial King realm.

"Chen'er did you feel any difference while cultivating these last few days, any discomfort or pain?"

Fei Wuji asked with seriousness evident in his voice, he has never seen something like this in his short forty-five years of life fearing that there might be some abnormality in his son's dantian,

" Uh no, I don't feel any pain or discomfort during cultivation, but my qi cultivation is twice as fast as before."

Fei Chen made the natural face of a child who doesn't know what's going on while thinking inwardly,

'Damn, my grandfather must have been too impressed by my performance that day to not notice the change in my breathing, anyways they were going to find out eventually.'

Fei Wuji was pleasantly surprised that his son has gotten such a heavenly blessing from experiencing enlightenment, sighing in his heart he thought,

'With Chen'ers comprehension ability and now this heavenly blessing he has a high chance of reaching the Martial Saint realm in his life, that man would surely want to teach him.'

Smiling widely and patting his son on both shoulders Fei Wuji told his son,

"Fei Chen what happened to you is called a heavenly blessing, as you might have read in the family library, there are people in this world who are blessed by the heavens with special body constitutions, usually these children are born of extremely powerful cultivators as their parents but there are also cases of such people being born to non-cultivators, and then there are certain extremely lucky individuals like you who can receive the blessing of the heavens during the enlightenment state. "

"Come now, we have much to talk about"

Fei Chen followed his father to his courtyard, sighing in relief and thinking about the things his father said.

'Sigh looks like I don't have to explain myself anymore. Come to think of it, the protagonist Qing Shui also went through something similar before awakening his cheat in the novel.

The yin-yang pendant, I should get it after stepping into the Xiantian realm, and with me being at least ten years older than Qing Shui, I have enough time to make a trip to Hundred Miles City.'

A/N: MC is the same age as Canghai Mingyue who was 30+ in her age when she met Qing Shui who was 20+, so no worries he will get the pendant and the girls.

Thanks for reading. :)

10