Peak of Houtian(3)
120 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fei Chen sat in front of his father with a table separating them, there were two empty cups on the table, it looked like both had just finished drinking the tea.

There was a blank look on his face his eyes staring at the teacup, Fei Chen seeing this softly called out,

"Father...."

Fei Wuji looked at his son with the same blank look, closing his eyes slowly he regained his composure,

"Chen'er, do you know who is the strongest expert of Heavenly Palace?"

"The patriarch of the Heavenly Palace."

"Correct. The patriarch is one of the most talented individuals of his generation, he reached the peak of the Martial king realm within two hundred years of age and became a renowned figure throughout the Greencloud continent. He is a cold and ruthless person whose loyalties only lie with Heavenly Palace. His name is Fei Mingzi but disciples and elders of Heavenly Palace call him Old Ancestor Fei.

With your talent and comprehension, he will be more than willing to take you as his disciple, with his five hundred years of experience in cultivation he could be considered one of the most suitable teachers in the Greencloud continent."

"Father is he related to our family in some way?"

Fei Wuji knew his son's intelligence was far above the norm for a child of five-six years old so he wasn't surprised that Fei Chen came to such a conclusion, he answered his son with some difficulty,

"Yes, he is my grandfather and your great-grandfather."

Fei Chen made an impressed look on his face but examining his father's expression, he asked hesitantly,

"Father, have you met him before, where does he live?"

"The patriarch lives on the highest peak of the Heavenly Palace mountain. we will go meet him now, come."

Fei Wuji looking at his son's excited face sighed heavily in his heart he couldn't bring himself to tell Fei Chen that it was the same man who murdered his son and daughter-in-law, that he murdered Fei Wuji's parents.

Fei Chen of course knew that Fei Mingzi had no choice in the matter, in this world where might makes right sometimes being weak is a sin in itself.

The father and son duo exited their compound which was situated in the area for elders, this was the first time Fei Chen had come out of the compound he looked around and a wide uneven

mountain ground, as palace buildings, and countless pavilions and terraces came into his view.

Fei Chen kept observing his surroundings, particularly the enormous palace which looked as if it was cast from violet gold a bit far from where he was. The large golden calligraphy carving on the building read "Lingxiao Treasure Hall".

He continued his observation and discovered that there were at least eight different halls scattered around Lingxiao Treasure Hall.

Fei Wuji looked at his son examining the surrounding buildings carefully he started explaining to him the layout of the Heavenly Palace,

"Chen'er the compound we live in is the area reserved only for the elders and their families, do you see those eight buildings in the distance circling the tallest building in the middle, those are all the nine halls of Heavenly Palace."

Fei Chen nodded his head, he had read about the factions of Heavenly Palace in the family library and knew all their names.

Seeing the look on Fei Chen's face his father didn't say anymore, they went past all the buildings and reached their destination.

Fei Chen looking at his surroundings realized that they had reached an isolated peak. This peak was slightly taller than the peak where Lingxiao Treasure Hall was situated, this was a location that had a view of the entire Heavenly Palace. There were only a few stone houses, and the place looked bare. It looked very desolate when compared to Heavenly Palace's nine halls.

The stone houses were very short. They were only slightly taller than a person. The stones looked extremely heavy, giving off the impression that each house was created by carving huge stones.

Fei Wuji called out, There were no emotions in his voice.

"I am here. I have brought Chen'er."

"Oh, Wuji, you finally brought him here. Come in, come in both of you!"

Fei Mingzi said from inside the stone house his aged voice showing some vibrancy at the end.

Fei Wuji composed himself once again and took Fei Chen's hand, The large doors of the stone house slowly opened right in front of them. They saw a path leading downwards. The place was dimly lit. Fei Chen noticed fist-sized glowing rocks on the wall every 200 meters.

Fei Wuji saw his son looking at the path with some fascination,

"Come on son, let's go."

The father-son duo walked slowly down the steps. The stone doors closed behind. Fei Chen only realized that the path sloped down gradually to a turn, after they passed the turn, the place began to brighten up. They had reached a stone hall. It was about 100 meters in length. There were no decorations, only a large supporting pillar.

They found someone standing some distance away from them. It was an old man in simple moon-white attire. The length of his snow-white hair was at his ankle. He looked thoroughly kempt. Most surprisingly, the old man was not some tall, large warrior, unlike most people would have imagined. Instead, he was just a lanky, dignified old man.

Fei Chen did not know how to describe the old man's face as he observed him. He could only think of the word "old". When Fei Chen saw the man's eyes, he felt that he finally knew the true meaning of the vicissitudes of life. His eyes were filled with wisdom and tranquility.

Fei Wuji tried to keep his face as neutral as possible for his son's sake he didn't want to say something right now that he might end up regretting someday.

Fei Mingzi looked at his last remaining family in this world and was overcome with helplessness and guilt, helplessness because he was weak when it mattered the most and guilt because he chose the safety of Heavenly Palace over the life of his son, looking at Fei Chen's face which bore a striking resemblance to his son, he couldn't help but relive those memories again.

Reigning in those painful memories Fei Mingzi addressed Fei Chen first,

"Fei Chen, good child. Do you know who I am?"

Fei Wuji didn't say anything just looked at his son and patted his shoulder lightly, Fei Chen understanding the meaning stepped forward and kowtowed to his great grandfather,

"Fei Chen greets great grandfather."

A small smile appeared on Fei Mingzi's face, he leaned down and picked Fei Chen up,

"Good, good, come, let's sit there and talk."

They reached the deepest section of the stone hall. There was a stone table and a few stone benches. On the table, there was a Zisha teapot and some Zisha teacups.

Fei Mingzi poured out three cups of tea. It was the first time in a hundred years that he had tea with someone, and it had been years since he served anyone tea, the tea was a normal "Mountain Green Lotus Flower", but it was brewed well.

"Wuji, I know you hate me and I will not give you any excuse for what I did at that time, all I can do is tell you the truth. Please listen to my words before saying something."

7