Peak of Houtian(4)
114 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fei Wuji looked at his grandfather who raised him since he was four years old, he just gave a curt nod, and no words left his mouth.

Fei Chen meanwhile was wearing a clueless face, the old ancestor looking at this couldn't help but have a heavy feeling in his heart, he knew Fei Wuji only out of respect for him didn't tell the full story to his son.

"I am a person who likes cultivation. In the past, everyone called me a lunatic. Once I started cultivating, I became overly obsessed. But I improved very quickly, and just like that, I had cultivated insanely for many years. People who were the same age as me had already become grandfathers, but I was just alone. My parents and elders had all died, and I was already a Peak Martial King after 200 years. My abilities were at the top rank of all the martial artist practitioners in the Greencloud continent. It was at this time that I realized a problem"

The Old Ancestor drank a cup of tea and continued slowly,

"Being alone made me feel very lonely. I did not even have anyone to spar with. People who were the same age already had large families, and they even had clans. I only recognized that I needed to start a family then. It is easy to find a woman once you are powerful, so I quickly found a normal woman and settled down. Maybe it is because I was a cultivation addict, so I chose a lady from an influential family who did not know any martial arts. "

This sort of situation was not unique. In the central continent, many people had similar views. Perhaps, people who were obsessed with cultivation did not want their other half to be the same as them.

This was a sort of self-hatred. Everyone knows their habits and traits, but because they were so accustomed to them, they were unable to change. It was akin to a drug addict not being able to quit albeit knowing the wrong in it.

A 300-year-old Peak Martial King only looked middle-aged. Some even retain baby-like skin. However, their hair would turn white. This did not hinder their ability to marry and have children. There were quite some people who were like this in the central continent. All the people who were outstanding in their cultivation usually married late.

"Those were very blissful times for me. I realized that being married was as enjoyable as my previous lifestyle. I experienced what it was like to have someone pining for me and to worry for someone. It didn't take long before my wife was pregnant. We had many hopes for our child. As the saying goes, "Good things are worth the wait"."

As he said this, the Old Ancestor finished drinking his tea. Fei Wuji poured another cup for him.

"There was an unfortunate mishap during his birth. We could only keep the mother or the child. In the end, my wife died and my son survived. I did not hate my son for that. Instead, I gave him all my love and never remarried. I brought him up myself But as he grew up, he picked up more vices. It was useless to lecture him at that time, but I could not bear to discipline him. "

Fei Mingzi regretted not being able to raise his son well. His guilt over his inability to save his wife was also the reason he couldn't bring himself to be harsh with him. But above all, he missed his son.

"As an adult, he was out of control. Despite not putting effort into cultivation, he was blessed with talent, so he was somewhat capable. However, he was too much of a womanizer, and this caused us a lot of trouble. On my account, most of these troubles were forgiven. I arranged a marriage for him in hopes of curbing his tendencies. Yet, it wasn't long after his marriage that he reverted to his old ways."

Fei Wuji had many questions in his mind but he remembered his grandfather's words and kept quiet, and instead, he just listened quietly and refilled Fei Mingzi's cup.

looking at his grandson refilling his cup, an imperceptible smile appeared on his face,

"I thought that he would settle down after your birth, it was a very happy occasion for our family. At first, he did change for the better. He loved you. However, only a year later, he turned back into the wastrel that he was. He took any woman that he wanted."

"After four years, he provoked a woman that he should have never offended. My son was too lascivious, but he knew his boundaries, I only found out afterward that they seduced him, then came to the Heavenly Palace to cause trouble. This caused me to kill my son with my own hands. By forcing me to kill my son, they wanted to demonstrate their strength and dominance to everyone else. However, they did this out of fun." The Old Ancestor sighed deeply, his eyes growing misty, sometimes people were just like that, finding amusement in causing misery to the weak.

Fei Wuji had tears pouring out of his bloodshot eyes, he felt suffocating anger in his heart, all those years he kept blaming his grandfather, not knowing the truth.

Fei Chen was also feeling emotional, tears rolled down his cheeks without him realizing it, even though it hasn't been long since he got his previous life memories, Fei Wuji and Cang Wuya's treatment of him never made him feel like he didn't belong in this world. It might be too soon to say that he considered them his family, but he knew these people were loyal and trustworthy and will be his backbone until he grew into his strength.

Fei Wuji, after hearing everything his grandfather said, had a look of desolation on his face, and asked his grandfather,

"Grandfather, who were these people."

Fei Mingzi shook his head lightly,

"Wuji, until you or Chen'er can reach the Martial Saint realm, you should forget about these things. You and Chen'er are the only ones left I can call family in this world, I don't want you to walk on a path of no return."

The old ancestor knew telling them anything now would only be detrimental to their mentality and might even hinder their cultivation, that's why he gave them a goal instead, Martial Saint realm might seem unreachable but it was only so because the Greencloud continent lacked information about the said realm, many geniuses have left for Central continent once found out about this, only people like him who had an obligation or deep ties to their sects and families remained.

"Great-grandfather, once I become a Martial Saint I will pay back all the suffering they had caused to our family!"

Fei Chen couldn't stop himself from voicing his thoughts now he always thought of himself as a lucky individual who is reborn in the cultivation world and has a strong family to rely on, having a system it was only a matter of time before he reached Martial Saint realm, he would never be ungrateful wretch, even if he cultivated diligently it was because he was fascinated with martial arts, but hearing the words from Fei Mingzi, he felt a little ashamed of his thinking.

Fei Wuji and Fei Mingzi looked at the boy, both men laughed loudly removing all the gloomy atmosphere they had created, Fei Mingzi had assessed Fei Chen's talent the moment he had stepped in front of him, with his centuries of experience, he could tell that his great-grandson indeed had a fair chance at Martial Saint realm and he would give his all to make sure it comes true.

5