Peak of Houtian(Final)
170 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fei Mingzi started training his grandson and great-grandson, mainly guiding Fei Chen and giving a few pointers to Fei Wuji.

Fei Mingzi during his youth had traveled to the Central continent and had come across many fortuitous encounters, on one such encounter he found a manual with a very straightforward name, Foundation Building Manual, though the contents of the manual were anything but.

The manual was only for those below the Xiantian realm, he couldn't identify which grade the manual belonged to but after reading it he concluded that it has to be at the very least legendary rank if not higher.

With three levels, the practitioner would first temper their muscles and tendons, then the bones, and finally the internal organs. The last step of this technique was what made it stand out from the rest and made him think of the technique as a legendary one.

In the Greencloud continent, martial art techniques or manuals that allowed one to temper their internal organs were so scarce that low-level sects or clans were completely unaware of their existence. Internal organs of any cultivator can only be tempered and strengthened as one progresses in their cultivation, there are no known martial arts in the Greencloud continent to temper internal organs.

The only drawback he could find in this technique was that it required a very high talent in comprehension, the last part of the technique was especially complicated, the energy circulation method required the cultivator to have complete control over their spiritual qi otherwise in best case scenario they would hurt their internal organs or in the worst case death by organ failure.

Fei Mingzi even after having two disciples and a son had not taught this technique to them deeming it too dangerous, only now he was having thoughts of teaching this technique to Fei Chen. With his intelligence and comprehension, Fei Chen might be the only one capable of practicing it.

....Six months later(one year after Fei Chen awakened his memories)...

Fei Chen during these past six months cultivated with renewed vigor, focusing on his cultivation and memorizing all the books he could find about different types of flora or fauna, by doing so he was trying to lay a good foundation for alchemy.

His father has also started cultivating in earnest and left all his Hall duties to his grandfather.

Fei Chen has learned many new techniques from his great-grandfather but the most noticeable growth he had was in Basic Body Tempering Technique,

[Ding  Basic Body Tempering Exercise(proficiency (79.3 %))]

As his proficiency increased in this technique he could feel the control over his body increasing, 100% proficiency in this technique will allow him complete control of his body as he already has complete control over his spiritual qi inside his meridians and dantian after reaching 100% proficiency in Elementary Breathing Technique.

With the increase in proficiency, his cultivation improved as well, and after six months he stepped into the Martial General realm with a punching force of 18000 Jins when performing Vajra Fist.

....Scene Break...

Fei Chen and his father have been visiting Fei Mingzi every month during which the old ancestor had taught Fei Chen the famous movement technique of Heavenly Palace, the Cloudmist Steps.

Fei Mingzi looked at his great-grandson and couldn't help but marvel at his talent and pace of improvement, at first he was slightly worried that Fei Chen's fast improvement might lead to a shaky foundation but when he checked his body and dantian with his spiritual sense he understood that his worries were unnecessary.

With his passive growth of spiritual qi and with Fei Mingzi's guidance, Fei Chen has improved by leaps and bounds in the past six months, his proficiency increasing at an incredible pace. As for Fei Mingzi's worry about his martial foundation, it was wholly unnecessary, with his system knowledge he was confident in achieving an unshakeable foundation.

"Today I will be teaching you the Cloudmist Steps first. Try to understand what I am about to tell you and then use your heart to feel it. Don't bother so much with the rest and just keep practicing it. Footwork is all about practicing to perfection. You will discover the secret behind the Cloudmist Steps when the right time comes. Do not chase after the true form of Cloudmist Steps because it differs for everyone."

Fei Mingzi had this aura of dignity when he started to teach and talk about martial arts, he didn't want to make the same mistake with Fei Chen that he made with his son, thankfully he didn't have to be harsh with Fei Chen as the boy never once complained to him about training instead Fei Mingzi found his behavior more and more like himself when he had started cultivating.

"The Cloudmist Steps focuses on "sliding" and "gliding". The steps should give you the sensation of floating as if walking on the clouds. The Cloudmist Steps are known for their variation and swiftness. I will teach you the qi circulation method first."

After speaking, Fei Mingzi explained the method of channeling qi twice and then started to demonstrate as he did so.

Fei Chen immediately got a system notification,

[Ding  Cloudmist Steps (proficiency (1.0 %))].

Fei Mingzi had also said earlier that this technique was fully dependent on one's familiarity and comprehension. It required one to comprehend with the heart. These words though useful were of no consequence to Fei Chen, with the system it was only a matter of time before he would achieve mastery of the footwork.

Fei Chen started practicing, every move and energy circulation, clear in his mind. His movements were seemingly robotic at the stated, but slowly but surely his proficiency increased and after practicing for an hour he looked at the notification,

[Ding  Cloudmist Steps (proficiency (7.8 %))].

Taking a few deep breaths and feeling warmth spreading throughout his body and relieving his fatigue a bit, he remembered his great-grandfather's advice, calming his thoughts and performing the movements his steps started gliding feeling the difference a smile appeared on his face without him realizing. Fei Chen kept gliding and sliding for another hour, feeling his increase in proficiency slowing down he stopped.

Meanwhile, Fei Mingzi's gaze toward Fei Chen gleamed very brightly. The old man's eyes became bright like the stars, but they turned back to normal in just an instant, and the smile on his face turned increasingly warmer. He was not very surprised at his great-grandson's improvement but thinking about how long it took for him to reach the same level, he could only sigh wryly,

'Sigh, Comparisons are truly odious'

[Ding  Cloudmist Steps (proficiency (23.7 %))].

Looking at the notification a grin stretched across Fei Chen's face. Turning towards his great-grandfather he saw him smiling, adopting a cheeky smile he asked Fei Mingzi,

"Great-grandfather, did I do good?"

The old ancestor snorted a chuckle at the audacious brat, making his ankle-long hair and beard sway, Fei Chen's behavior reminding him of his son,

"Heh, brat don't get complacent so soon, your challenge is not to the geniuses of Greencloud continent, your level of talent has already reached demonic, you should also have a mentality fitting of one, getting happy and feeling proud of yourself every time you breakthrough a realm will only lead to your downfall. Constant improvement is the only path to the apex of cultivation, it is equally important to temper your mind as you do your body. Do you understand Fei Chen!?"

Fei Mingzi's voice became hard as steel at the end, and his aura shifted from a benevolent elder to the patriarch of the Heavenly Palace, a man standing at the top of the known powers of the Greencloud continent, having risen from stepping on top of other's dead bodies, building his success on ten thousand bleaching bones, Fei Mingzi naturally released an aura of prestige and might making Fei Chen look up at him in awe and slight fear, but he still replied with a shout.

"Yes, great-grandfather!"

Fei Mingzi after saying so returned to his benevolent demeanor and laughed good-naturedly like he didn't just nearly scare the crap out of six year old, what he did just now, was him releasing a very minute amount of bloodlust, he wanted to test Fei Chen's mental strength. Some might say he was too young for this kind of thing but Fei Mingzi could see that his great-grandson had a mental capacity comparable to an adult, and he was not disappointed. With Fei Chen fending off the bloodlust easily he could see the boy will surely benefit from this ordeal.

"Hahaha, good, Come now your father has already brought the dinner."

Saying so Fei Mingzi stepped toward the table at end of the hundred-meter hall.

Fei Chen meanwhile was contemplating the words he just heard, after thinking about it he thought his great-grandfather was right if Fei Mingzi hadn't stopped him just now he might have started walking the path of those young masters from influential clans. Thinking about his background he fits right into the description, he felt cold sweat rolling down his back and goosebumps throughout,

'Damn it! I became too conceited after having a system! Thankfully I have an experienced elder at home, otherwise, I really would have doomed myself. Sigh.'

Sighing in relief he stepped toward the table and had his dinner.

.....(One year later, Two years since Fei Chen regained his memories. Flashback End).....

It has been two years since Fei Chen started his cultivation journey and he could say for sure that it was a mind-blowing experience for him. Experiencing changes to the state of his body and mind, he felt it surreal sometimes but he knew this is his reality now and he wholeheartedly accepted it.

Having his first growth spurt he could finally reach the height of his father's waist. With constant nourishment from spiritual qi and Basic Body Tempering exercises, his features could be said handsome and elegant.

Sitting inside his cultivation chamber which was the basement of his courtyard, he looked at the system notifications,

[Ding  Elementary Breathing Technique (proficiency (100%))]

[Ding  Cloudmist Steps (proficiency (49.9 %))]

[Ding  Vajra Fist (proficiency (75 %))]

[Ding  Basic Body Tempering exercises (proficiency (99.9 %))]

After reaching 99.9% proficiency in Basic Body Tempering exercises he could feel that his muscles, tendons, and bones had been refined to the peak of the Houtian realm it increased the toughness of his physique at least twice as much and give him increased vitality and regeneration, it also enlarged and strengthened his energy channels, he could now punch with 29000 Jins of force.

Reaching the peak of the Houtian realm he could feel there was a hurdle blocking him. This hurdle usually breaks on its own when someone experiences epiphany or enlightenment.

Fei Chen knew he could break through into the Xiantian realm right now, but his great-grandfather had strictly forbidden him to do so and to meet him as soon as possible after he reaches the peak of the Houtian realm.

Taking a bath and wearing a fresh set of clothes Fei Chen informed his father and both of them left for Fei Mingzi's mountain peak.

 

6