Chapter 2
1k 6 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My Golden Finger Is A C*nt As I Expected!

New memories and explanations appeared in Sam's mind. After he was killed by the chandelier, the System carried his blood and memories to the world of Detective Conan. He was reborn and became Kogoro Mouri, but Sam's memory and the System fell into deep sleep.

Sam, who was one with this version of Kogoro, went through his life almost exactly like the script of the original anime, until last night when his old memory resurfaced, bringing along the activation of the System. As Kogoro processed this, he slapped his cheek in a daze. There really was a game interface in his view!

Kogoro soon regained his wits, and he grew extremely excited. This should be the legendary transmigration main character's golden-finger!

The System voice rang inside his mind:

[To start the tutorial, please complete the task: give the System a name]

"So I need to give you a name? Then I will call you Baa-chan, short of Virtual-chan. Baa-chan, what is the function of this Strongest Detective System?"

Likely aware that it was being cursed by Kogoro, the System's voice changed. The tone became more feminine, and felt rather soothing to the ears. The content of the response that the System let out, on the other hand, was full of spite.

[Tutorial started.]

[Congratulations to the host for a successful binding with the Strongest Detective System. The System aims to train the host's underdeveloped, pea-size brain to become the most successful detective on this plane.]

"@$?#! Baa-chan!? What do you mean by underdeveloped? I am a full grown man!"

Kogoro didn't know whether to laugh or cry hearing the insult, because he knew he was at fault for throwing the first punch.

"Wait, this plane? Does that mean that there's another plane I can travel to?"

[You cannot access information beyond your System's grade. Please complete the tasks given to accumulate points, and use them to upgrade the System to hear the answer.]

Hearing the System's answer, Kogoro was speechless for a second. Did his haphazardly thrown guess hit the mark? Was it safe to assume that there are other planes out there, and he could travel to those plane when he became powerful enough?

But after thinking about it, the fact that he now lived in the previously fictional world could be said to be proof that there might be similar cases of other fictional worlds being real.

While he was thinking, the System made another prompt.

[Please complete the tutorial by opening your attribute and skill pages.]

'There's even attributes and skills?'

Frowning, Kogoro opened his personal attributes with an apprehensive mood.

[-

Name : Kogoro Mouri

Age    : 37

Description  : A former police officer currently working as a private eye, Kogoro Mouri is actually a man whose soul came from another world. Lazy and quick to anger, he rarely had any client because of his temperament. Depressed, he drown his worries with alcohol. His luck with women have also turned zero; his perverted gaze scares them before he even opened his mouth.

Constitution : 10/13 (It doesn't matter how many times you are penetrated, you will always be ready to go for another round... What a dirty mind; I'm talking about anesthetic needles!)

Strength      : 6/8 (Naturally explosive, your physical strength was corroded by years of drinking and womanizing. You can only gain temporary access when you met the correct stimulus.)

Intelligence  : 5/12 (The combined mental strength of two average lives, but years of alcohol abuse and female abu-That doesn't sound good. Let's try that again: Years of alcohol and female consumption reduced the amount to below average. The full potential can only be seen under duress.)

Agility          : 6/7 (Born with predisposition for sleeker muscles, you have always been fast, and because of early discipline and martial arts training, it remains your only aspect with the least decrease.)

-]

Seeing 'Kogoro Mouri' in the name in the section, the little bit of attachment he had to his previous identity finally went away. He truly accepted the reality of his true nature as Kogoro Mouri. But seeing the comments on each stats, Kogoro was reminded once again of the System's grudge with him.

"Who was 'penetrated'? What 'female abuse'? 'Try that again' your sister! Why can't you say anything nice?"

As if the System did not hear his words, Kogoro heard another explanation about the stats that he was looking at.

[The maximum value of attributes in a normal person is 40, with variety of allocation patterns in accordance to their way of life and genetic disposition. Please note that some might have total stats less than 40 if they live their life like a dog.]

[Now, go to the next page to see your current skill]

Feeling down from how the System keep roasting him, he muttered the command 'Skills'.

[-

Skills :

Judo Mastery : Expert (Just a step from being a Master. Your limited intelligence blocked you from advancing further. Indeed, a monkey doesn't know how precious golden toilet is.)

Short-stick Mastery : Layman (Obtained from the Police Academy, you stopped training after gaining superficial knowledge about the skill. Indeed, a good monkey knows when to stop itself from crossing a busy road, no matter how tempting the fruit sold at the vendor across the street is.)

Skill classification : Beginner -> Layman -> Moderate -> Advanced -> Expert -> Master.

-]

When Kogoro finished reading, a tick mark appeared on his forehead. 'Again, who were you calling monkey?! You are the monkey! Your whole goddamn family are monkeys!'

[Tutorial completed!]

Kogoro rubbed his moustache, before asking,

"Baa-chan, isn't there a beginner gift for a newbie like me? I think almost all the novels I read in the past had this development."

The System responded,

[Do you want to open the Novice Gift Package?]

"There's really one? Of course, quickly open it!"

[Opening the Novice Gift Package!]

[Congratulations to the host for obtaining the item Basic Psychedelic Cards (3x), and the skill Singing Mastery: Master.]

'What the hell? Isn't the novice gift usually a medicinal pill for washing the marrow or something? I would also be fine with a deduction or tracking skill. You said you want me to become the greatest detective, then what's the point of giving me this skill? So should I participate in The Voice Japan?'

'In what world do criminals feared singing? What, you want me to sing them to death? Just constantly singing Let It Go or something? Don't you know about that comrade Zhang? He just wrote the lyrics in his novel, but he got banned!'

Kogoro couldn't help but utter curse after curse in his head. Sure enough, nothing good would come out free. Except, when Kogoro saw again the description of the three Basic Psychedelic Cards, his grievance with the System was slightly alleviated.

[Basic Psychedelic Card (3x): A small array with hypnotic AOE ability. With a duration of one hour, it can also be used on a single person to affect their minds and tamper with their memories.]

"What the f- Isn't these cards too OP!?"

~To Be Continued~

-

-

-

A/N: This took a lot longer than I thought it would. I want to write a system that has character, like in the Stay At Home Dad's Restaurant. I also want the MC to be more like the OG Kogoro. If you have any suggestions, you can leave it below.

If you want the epub version of the story, you can go to my patréon or ko-fi. I uploaded there first, so if you want to read ahead, you can choose any tier.

Thank you!

segalengko69

14