Chapter -4
67 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter - 4

"A very good morning, sir. What would you like?"

The owner' name was Oliver, a some 40 year old man with a small round nose. His squinting eyes scaning through the streets infront of his shop for potential customers.

  He has been in this profession for almost the last 20 years of his life.

 In the middle of the town this small eatery was first established by his grandfather after he ran away from home.  A very good cook he was so business was never lacking. He eventually found the love of his life and finally settled down.Oliver's father , when he was fine young man took up his father's profession and since then it had become a family tradition handed down from generations.

With his Wife, Maneli and their two children now as his helpers they were leading a decent enough life. 

This morn was as usual routine.Just after half and hour of opening the shutters they received the first customer of the day.

'Eyes like an eagle' 

his father would say when as a kid for his good sense and keen intuition for business prospective. He was proud of such praises, boasted among his peers knowing that they won't be able to refute otherwise. 

Today was as usual when they were just starting to open business when Oliver spotted three newcomers in the town.He spent no time in welcoming the esteemed guests upon their arrival.With his usual perfunctory smile he guided them to their table.

Only a blind person would miss this obvious hint of flattery.

Followed by Darrion Jean went after him.

"We provide the best services in the entire capital sir.You can tell us whatever you wish to have."

"Well... there's no need for such. Anything light would do.''

'Afterall its only to fill the stomach.'

Jean has always had the habit of having a light breakfast early in the morning. He usually used to have toast and milk which included an egg for his morning meal back home.

Hearing his reply the store owner's smile instantly froze but still he tried to persuade him because he knew that this person had quite a background and it was a real chance to earn good money first thing in the morning.

" We are overwhelmed by your presence, sir. How can we let you taste the food of the peasants?

 Please wait a few moments breakfast will be served shortly."

Saying such he had just motioned for his subordinates when another voice spoke up.

"Did I ask for your opinion? A light meal is all I want, if you can't provide that... we would better be on our way."Jean began to stand from his seat when the owner of the shop immediately bowed and apologised,

"I-I apologies for speaking without your permission Sir.Please forgive me your meal should be prepared according to your wish."

Scurrying away at a lightning speed he hurried off.

" That's better."

*Thump!

"What are you doing?"

Looking at Darrion who was now kneeling on the floor Jean moved forward to help him stand up but the latter refused to do so.

"Forgive me my lord! Its my fault that ruined your mood."

Jean was extremely flustered by what he was seeing right now.

This is first time in his entire 19 years of life that he has been in this kind of a situation.

"*Sigh... Darrion get up this instant."

This command from his master was enough to make Darrion to get up. He was very well aware of his master's temper and didn't dare to delay.

"Look, its not at all your fault so don't do this ok?"Jean sat himself down when he finally felt sure that the boy was convinced that he was not the one at wrong. Fortunately, to his relief the workers at the cafe broke the tense atmosphere when they made their entry with his order.

.

.

.

"Lets go." Outside the restaurant  door as the three young men stood, the one at the front led them further away under the sorrowful gaze of the owner.

"Where should we head next, any ideas?" peeking through the black curtain of his thick hair Jean looked at his companions. Its his first time outside the palace after his transmigration so he had no idea where they were going.

"The....red light district is just round the corner your highness."

The words have not yet been spoken when the company stopped right in their tracks.Jean gazed back at the one who spoke.The latter was a young man, probably at his 20s, dark skinned, thick brows and black hair.In entirety he was a very handsome lad with slightly bulging muscles.

Under the swift intense stare of the prince Robert started breaking out in a cold sweat right then and there.He lowered his head as much as he could in a rather vain attempt to make himself invisible. He was terrified and started scolding himself in his heart when his master just stood there in the middle of the road gazing at him like a predator watching its prey.

9