Chapter – 5
58 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

** Author has something to say -- Well, Please don't mind the monotony of the previous chapter 🙄.

It was mainly because I suddenly lost motivation to continue with this project (⁠─⁠.⁠─⁠|⁠|⁠)

But not worries (⁠ ⁠╹⁠▽⁠╹⁠ ⁠). I have somehow managed to get myself re-motivated again😁 and here's the result (well i don't know if its still good enough but whatever). ENJOY THE CHAPTER 😉!!

Chapter -5

The Red light district, as he could see has an entirely unique aura to it. Someone who visits this place for the first time won't be able the tell in which part of the country he during that moment.

At this time of the day this place looks no different than the other residential areas.Quite surroundings, flowers of vivid colours in the background, the greenary and, of course the many beauties that pass by.

"Whooooo........this place looks amazing."

"This is only the scene that you see in the morning, sire.Once the sun sets this palce will be crowded with customers and such.Like a  festival going on in full swing." Robert spoke up from behind Jean as they strolled through the many buildings.

"For real? I wanna see that too."

"Your Highness, but we soon need to return to the palace", Darrion interrupted.

'If the Lord gets to know of this, His Highness is sure to receive punishment.'

No.He can't let that happen.

"His Highness isn't a child you know." Robert's fear from earlier has vanished into thin air when the prince had agreed to his advice so he didn't want to lose this chance of ingratiating himself to his master and hence he rebuked as such. But how was he supposed to know of Darrion's concerns?

When the latter glared at him he just shrugged it off and followed behind keeping a watch.

"Don't worry. Really. It won't take long...just a glimpse."

He only wants to take a look not because he supports these kind of business.But out of curiosity. Even back home Jean never liked to go to any kind of crowdy places.

He always avoided them.

Even so he at this moment feels that since he will be staying in this world from now on he needs to get to know the ways of this place as well as get used to them to some extent.

So saying such he told Robert to book a room at an inn while Darrion was told to fetch costumes to be used as disguises.

.

.

.

Later into the evening when dusk fell, three young gentlemen with half covered faces were seen roaming around the streets of the red district.

No one knew them, but their mysterious get up attracted enough attention to even alarm the Emperor buried in his work deep inside his Palace chambers.

"HE WENT WHERE ?"

"The...Red light district,Your Majesty.....".

Poor Butler Leopold, hence, became the unfortunate victim as he scurried around the palace without having a second to catch his breath so as to lighten the emperor's rage.

Jean and his company, of course, unaware of old Leopold's troubles made their way towards a  building which looked more like a mansion with vast corridors.

It's name was "The White Iris".

 As the name suggests, the entrance was decorated with white flowers. Especially, Iris.

The main hall, presumably the Reception was covered with white silky curtains covering and connecting one end to another.

Not to forget the golden engravings decorating the high walls and the detailed interior of the entire structure felt mesmerizing.

High end walls with corridors running along them looked down from above on the continuous flow of customers. Coming and Going.

Jean's panoramical view point missed not a single detail. His entourage stood right at the centre of it all.

This keen silent observation of their surroundings was soon interrupted when a boy who looked to be probably at his teens approached them.

When the former turned their gazes towards him the little guy paused for a slight second but still continued his steps, now with a smile painted all over his face.

"Greetings Good Sir.Is this your first time here?"

Jean watched the person who suddenly popped out of nowhere. His skin flawlessly white with a little hint of red, eyes curved upwards towards the end, a straight thin nose and plump red lips.The smile that hanged on his lips made him a  beauty worth admiring.

'A real beauty'

When Jean realised his mistake it was already too late.He had somehow spoken out his thoughts out loud and that wasn't a good thing. So when the mentioned person turned towards him Jean pretended he wasn't the one who screwed up ignoring the latter with a straight face. He turned his face away.

Darrion, the poor fellow was left to fix the mess made by his master.He hurriedly tried to change the subject, "Hey...uh What is your name by the way? Do you live here?"

"Call me Asa. No need to be polite." The boy's smile widened after saying this. He just stood there with them. Accompanying them.

'So his name is Asa...'

Jean pondered.

He felt like he had heard this name before but was not sure where so he didn't think about it too much.

This time, after taking a deep breath Jean stretched out his hand introducing himself and his companions, "My name is James. The one behind is Rupert (* indicating to Robert). And this here is Oriol." He spoke the last part as he dragged Darrion who appeared as anxious as ever.

In this unfamiliar place Jean wasn't a fool to disclose their real names let alone Surnames.

Asa showed an expression of enlightenment while nodding his head and didn't ask for more.This shows that he is used to such kinds of exchanges as a daily routine.

"So it's like that. I presume that it is your first time in these parts?" Raising his brows Asa inquired.

Though this kid was in his teens his attitude didn't match his age.

"It is so. But how old are you boy? You don't look old enough to be roaming this premises". Jean only wanted to know this guy's age but don't know what as soon as he asked this question Asa, the boy became slightly stiff.

"I will be turning 14 next month."

"Oh."Jean had his suspicions but didn't plan on asking for details. But who knew that Robert whose screws were slow to process a situation would speak up asking, "Eh? Aren't you a bit too young to be here? Do you work here?"

Just hearing such a dumb statement made Jean's mouth and nerves twitch. With a stiff smile he turned to Robert intending to reprimand this fool, "Rupert that wasn't neces-

"It's fine."

9