Chapter – 6
65 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

°°°A Merry Christmas to all of you out there😁. Hope that you all are well.

I too am back home for the holidays

OOoohooo!!😀( Gonna eat and sleep plenty (⁠。⁠•̀⁠ᴗ⁠-⁠)⁠✧) hehe😉

Without further delay....Here's the chapter. Do enjoy it. (⁠*⁠˘⁠︶⁠˘⁠*⁠)⁠.⁠。⁠*⁠♡

Chapter - 6

In the bright moonlit evening the green tree leaves swayed as the soft breeze blew past the empty fields, past the valleys and high mountains. And in doing so, it took with it the few sprightly ones into the quite corner of the corridor where Jean and his company stood at a  stalemate.

*chuckles "Why so serious?", Asa proceeded

indicating for the others to follow him.

"No. Don't. I don't need your pity.

I have always been here. As long as I remember.", He looked back to (maybe) observe what the reaction of the people behind him will be. Smiling at their somewhat dumbfounded expressions he went on.

"My mother worked in this place when I wasn't born yet and continued to do so even after my birth

"Do you know where is she now?", Robert poked out his head.

.

.

.

Scratching the back of his head, Asa, who appeared unsure with a confused look replied,

".....Gone? - maybe. I don't know."

"It was my seventh birthday when everything happened, i was too young perhaps ignorant to remember too and ever since then I remained in this place."

Jean despite not wanting to appear rude probed further, "Do they care?"

About You.

The thought of not seeing his parents has formed a deep scar within Jean's heart and now listening to this kid with a similar situation made him empathize.

"Well of course they do. Aunt Lily cooks food, Martha, every now and then will bring me gifts.I never lack anything so far and also, even if I ask them to assign me to some tasks they just won't let me ! "

"Thats so irritating because I really do want to be of some help.Otherwise it feels like I am a freeloader."

"It's because they love you and don't want you to get hurt." Seeing his childishness Jean didn't know if he wanted to laugh or cry. He scolded himself for thinking that the kid didn't act his age. Asa's aggrieved face with his puffed up cheeks were beyond cute and Jean desperately held back his temptation to pinch those cheeks.

Pouting Asa complained, "Even so, at least I should be allowed to do the basic of things but they say 'no' whenever I insist."

"Well they are the adults, they naturally know what's best for you."

Darrion's holy father disease finally kicked in.

"Humph! Whatever." muttering under his breath Asa ignored him and changed the topic,

 

"Anyways, you people surely aren't here to just blabber around with a kid.

Do you want me to take you to Sister Estelle?She is the number one in here and even though I don't want her to accompany guests you guys somehow give me feel that you aren't like those perverts who usually crowd The House of Iris."

Jean, who basically planned to spend this evening enjoying the tiny bliss of adults world choked on his own saliva. He even made plans on getting drunk and chat with the beauties but hearing what Asa speculated about them he somehow felt guilty.

Looking at the gradually darkening sky he shook his head rejecting his proposal, 

"We are tight on our schedules. So not today, lad."

Robert fortunately, this time was quick to take the hint and provided with the excuse that they had to reach some place by tomorrow morning and were short on time.

After they said their farewells and were about to be on their way, Asa however stopped them and refused to let them go.It was only after Jean promised to come back and meet him when he had time did the guy agree.

.

Back inside the carriage Jean could still see the distant silhouette of Asa's figure waving them goodbye and of Darrion, who too returned the gesture with a smile on his face.

Jean laughed to himself amused at their actions.

Today's meeting was totally unexpected and that he would also make a friend was quite a surprise. He realised that today he was probably in the best mood ever in his entire lifetime and finally lost count of time.

Therefore, when his carriage stopped in front of his mansion he was still a bit reluctant to call it a day. His eyes were dazed.

'How fast time flies ah~~'(⁠*⁠´⁠ω⁠`⁠*⁠) '

The head maid Sasha came running down the stone path once she noticed their arrival.

Huffing and puffing, clearly out of breath from the long run she still managed to greet him.

"Master, I have already prepared your bath water."

"mhmm."

Jean responded as he let her take off his coat for him.

Folding the creases Sasha turned asking about his meal since it was already past dinner time when they returned, 

" Where will Your Highness like to take your meal?"

"Just serve it in my room and no need to wait for me. All of you go back."

"Yes Master."

Darrion was the only one left by his side, as usual, following behind him like a tail as he entered his chambers ignited by the candlelight which warmed them them up both.

He instructed Darrion to prepare the bed and receive the food when it was served as he walked behind the wooden partition.

Loosening his neck-tie he stripped off his clothes, one by one as he inhaled the flowery fragrance of the bath oil relaxing his sore muscles. He first dipped in his right toe to check the temperature as he put his other foot inside the tub as well.

The warm orange light engulfed his wheat skin highlighting every bit of his features in its soft glow.

 The mirror hanging at the other side of the wall reflected his frame showing his messy hair, and maybe, it was because of the rising temperature that the person in the mirror had his cheeks flushed red appearing somewhat ambiguous in this dark hazy night. His nose tinged in a red hue. His eyes moist at the very ends.

One look and Jean, noticing his appearance somehow felt weird.

He turned away from it sliding down the smooth bent corner of his porcelain tub, both arms were left hanging on either sides. A lazy posture it was but enticing at the same time fir some reason.

 

*Clink *clink sounds were the only indications that reminded him of Darrion's presence.

"Why didn't you go back?"

He asked from within the tub but after receiving no reply he was just about to close his eyes when it finally came.

"....I will wait for you to finish.Then I will head back, sire. Please don't mind."

"It's not that I mind..... it's..just....

The longer Jean stayed in this world the more firsts he experienced, things like being waited upon or being accompanied by someone wherever he went.They are all his firsts.

Born in a middle class household he never had the fortune of receiving such treatment.

He is a stranger to these things and therefore even after so many days he still felt uncomfortable.

He just couldn't find the words to describe this feeling bottled up inside him.

.

.

.

Half an hour went by and the water started to lose its warmth.

As he got up from the medicinal solution of oils and herbs prepared especially for him Jean felt very much refreshed. Grabbing the bathrobe from above the partition he revealed himself from within striding forward and taking his seat at the table beside the crackling fire of the hearth that Darrion had lit up at some point of time.

Today's dinner consisted of chicken soup and bread, accompanied by porridge for dessert while a bit of red wine was served in a rather fancy looking glass, he had to admit.

As for why such a menu for a noble like him was because he had previously instructed Sasha to do so. She appeared quite stunned the moment she heard it but accepted his request nonetheless.

'Darrion will probably have his share of dinner once he retreats.'

Thought Jean and didn't insist on inviting him letting him stand guard at his side helping him out every now and then.

"Well then, since I will be heading straight to bed no need for you delay your meal. Go back and rest early." 

Jean stood up wiping his lips as he dismissed Darrion shooing him away.

.

.

He alone was left in the huge room.The candles cast tall shadows on the walls flickering as he slowly climbed up on his bed tucked inside the blankets lulling himself to a peaceful sleep.

.

.

.

The moon at the far distant sky shone brightly as ever, cold wind blowing in the quite surroundings when a shadow suddenly went past the high branches at a lightning speed mingling into the darkness leaving behind it the stillness of the tranquil night.

8