Chapter -7
36 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter - 7 (part-1)

*Chirp *Chirp ~~ *chirrpp~~~

The Birds sang their morning melody perched atop the branches as they groomed themselves when a figure suddenly slid the window curtains, scaring away the twittering birds.

"Your Highness, it's time for your breakfast please wake up."

Darrion had his hands filled with a silver tray, as he called to the person sprawled over the double bed.

*Ughh.. squinting at the sunlight interrupting his peaceful sleep Jean groaned as he slowly propped himself up halfway on his elbow.

"What time is it?", Sliding down the bed he took the towel handed over by Darrion as he washed his face.

"It's seven past twenty in the morning, sire.

What about your breakfast?" The boy replied busying himself as he tidied the messy bed. Patting the pillows, straightening the folds he made the bed look neat and new, like there hadn't ever been anyone before who had slept in that bed.

Seeing such a meticulously performed task Jean seriously felt ashamed of himself because never had he been a person who paid attention to these details. His room back home was the epitome of a garbage dump for which, not a single day went by when he was not yelled at by his parents.

Scratching the bridge of his nose Jean finally spoke up, "Of course I will be having breakfast in my room. Why even ask?"

Stiff backed, Darrion stood facing him with a concerned look (which made Jean even more confused), "But your highness, as a husband you should accompany your wives at the eating table at the least right?"

"......Eh?" Blank was Jean's brain when he heard him. Only after a long moment of staring at each other's eyes did he somehow had a realisation.

"Master... please don't tell me you actually forgot about them." Darrion could not believe that this mighty arrogant master of his has actually forgotten the existence of his wives whom he had very carefully selected before the wedding to be granted such high positions.

"Uh....w-well it's not like I forgot about them.I was just testing your memory that's all.Yes that's how it is." Turning away towards the long looking glass to get dressed he carried on his prideful facade with a calm expression like no one else.

But only he knew just how flustered he was on the inside.

'Screwed up!

 Just how on earth can this thing get out of my head.ミ⁠●⁠﹏⁠☉⁠ミ He won't suspect me will he?'

 

Adjusting his collar Jean constantly peeked at the other person through the corner of his eye.

After making sure that everything was alright he responded resuming his attitude 

 " You are right. As the master of this house I need to be responsible for those under me.

So, go and inform them to meet me at the dining hall for breakfast."

"Yes your highness." 

Watching the back of his little tail,( yes, he decided to call Darrion that since he won't leave him alone, )Jean heaved a sigh of relief.

'That was a close call.'

.

.

.

*Tap 

tap

tap

Tapped did Jean with his index finger as he watched the already few servants carrying around plates of food serving in front of him.

Jostling about as they did their jobs while their master stayed seated waiting for people to join him in.

'Just how long are they gonna take?'

Bored out of his mind Jean's gaze kept on turning towards the doorways.

Right after finishing this thought the very people were seen walking through the entrance.

'Finally here.'

Relief washed over him as he watched Emile and Justus sit down on their seats. Once their eyes met they would acknowledge each other by nodding their heads and that was all.

Chewing on his sandwich Jean looked over at them, seeing that both men were immersed in their meals he still probbed them to test the waters,

"How was yesterday?"

Unexpectedly it was the always silent Martin who answered his question, "Good"

Short but to the point, Jean wasn't disappointed.

(✧≖‿ゝ≖)

" Ooo, then what did you do?" Tilting his head Jean inquired.

He, unfortunately missed the sight of the bulging veins at the back of the leads' hands tightly clenched under the table.

 He just slightly felt that there was something wrong with their expressions so he didn't pursue further. He left the topic at that.

" So listen here, there's this amazing place called The white Iris--"

"The White Iris?"  

Out of nowhere came an unfamiliar voice which startled everyone.

When Jean looked over towards the source of the question he turned vigilant immediately..

Standing at the entrance of the hall was a tall young man with wide shoulders and a rather broad chest.He had similar black hair just like Jean. And the smirk that hung at the corner of his lips gave people the impression of pure arrogance.

The Second Prince, Hector himself stood there.

'Why is he here of all places?' (⊙_⊙)

Seeing that no one invited him Hector straightened up striding forward with firm steps.

As the man sat down Jean kept on observing him. He had no idea why this person came and his purpose whatsoever.

The palace was so huge and each Prince had their own personal quarters with servants of their own. Not to think that the relationship between all the royal Princes was like oil and water in the first place. Never harmonious. To the point of being at each other's neck most of the times.

Hector appeared to have no care about the gazes of scrutiny thrown his way. He ignored everyone else while kept on sneering at Jean.

"I didn't knew my brother could be so talkative?Did something happen?"

'Oi ask if you want why are you sticking so close huh?! ಠ⁠益⁠ಠ'

" Elder brother thinks too much. I have always been like this."

Jean let out a dry laugh as a cover up.

'Don't tell me the original never talked this much. Did he become suspicious just because of this?'

Beneath his smilling eyes Jean tried hard to conceal the horror of being found out. He nervously glanced at the two leads, only to see that they ignored whatever was happening at this side of the table.

"Fine then." Hector's voice brought him out of his stupor.

Jean watched Hector as he kept of murmuring under his breath about something (which Jean couldn't care less as he waited for this person to leave) only to see that he ordered around the servants to serve him like he was the master of this place.

Whenever Jean's and Hector's gazes collided the latter would pull a playful smirk (which, for some r

eason gave him goosebumps all over) and our helpless Laozi here felt the beginning of an intense headache while massaging his temples.  

 

7