Chapter – 11
24 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter -12

Present:

Location : Dinning hall

Time: half past eight in the evening

Mission: Survive the family dinner with the wife's side of in-laws.

"It's an honour having you in our midst Your highness.

I am extremely thankful to you for being so considerate to let our dear son visit us. It makes me fill with such joy ! "

"You praise me too much Sir Duke."

 Duke Martin have always been a person with a jolly disposition and this is one of his personal charms that can eliminate any distance between himself and even his foes. His bright, clear speech makes it impossible to detect the slightest sign of malice or hostility, that's what makes him so unpredictable.

"I hope your travel here wasn't much tiring, did your grace had a safe journey?" Duke Cadeo, Justus's father as Jean describes him is a tough nut to crack, unless you are the closest to him you can't put your fingers on what lies beyond that line of formality.This person is very skillful in hiding his true self behind that smiling facade.

 Today's dinner is all of Jean's favourite but now it tastes bland for all he knew when he tries chewing it.He very much wishes to be anywhere else but in the company of the duke of Lanchoii.

"*Ahem...well I appreciate your concern but we are really fine as you can see Sir.The days journey have worn me down...

If you will excuse me I would like to retire early."

"Ah , my bad my bad.You see I was somewhat looking forward to talking with you about Things, but since you are unwell it cannot be helped." With a wry smile the Duke expressed his regret but god knows what he is scheming.

"Sure.How about we arrange for a meeting again tomorrow?" With no appetite Jean chose to withdraw for now.

*Kerchak ( door opens)

"Papa!" 

At the sudden call everyone present looked towards the source of the sound and Behold!

' What's with this shining bundle of cuteness! uwaah! ߹ㅁ‎߹)♡

 Whose child is this, can I adopt him?'

All the faces inside the room brimmed with adoration, Jean included.He forgot what he was going to do and stood beside his seat like a statue.Shortly following behind the child Jean finally caught sight of Justus who at some point of time had disappeared.

Emile too is nowhere to be seen which is why Jean is the only person present during dinner.

" Is dinner done already? ...I apologise for my delay." Justus looked troubled.When a member of the Royal family makes a visit it is important to accompany them and when you are in a marital relationship with one it becomes all the more crucial to be present beside them.It not only shows polite etiquette but it also displays the importance and standing of the royal member.

But now that this has been neglected Justus is very sure that the Prince will definitely cause a scene, not that His Highness would be wrong in doing so.

If only he was more careful of the time...

"It's fine I've finished eating already so I will be heading back. Lord Duke please enjoy your meal,

 Now if you will excuse me."

"No need to be polite Your highness we are now family after all.

Derrick, accompany His Grace to his room please."

"Yes my Liege." The servant quickly responded and began leading the way. Jean was reluctant to leave just yet but he had already spoken out. That's why so as not to keep any awkwardness when leaving he ever so quietly behind Justus's ear whispered

"Goodnight."

A shudder immediately went through his insides stirring up a tingling sensation when the warm breath hit his skin.

Justus had no idea what had gotten into him at this moment to be reacting in this way but somehow it felt... tantalizing?

'Why the hell am I even thinking that? I must be out of my mind.'

He ruthlessly shoved the useless thoughts at the back of his mind.Once again correcting his stature he got back to business like nothing happened.The reason he hurried over was to accompany the Prince but since the meal has already come to an end there's no need for putting on airs for such a bothersome person.

Slowly he sat down beside his father to start dinner but not before helping his sister.

Duke: "Did you talk with your mother?"

Justus: "I did.She's worried about me but things can't be helped, we need this opportunity."

After ordering another portion of food for himself the Duke replied, "How's the Crown Prince faring? A few days back I got news that he will be leading troops to the Southern borders."

Justus: " That's what he plans.Emile helped with the sneaking ins.He's got skills."

The duke broke out in a grin upon this.His son has a stiff personality and is strict even when it came to himself.He rarely praises anyone but once he does, you need not worry.

.

.

.

Back on his way Jean stumbled upon a Emile who was also back from somewhere.

As soon as they landed Lanchoii Emile vanished into thin air, it was only now that Jean got to see him.To say he was actually happy won't be a lie.

Emile on the other hand showed an expression as if he had stepped on cow dung.

It's been weeks since he last saw anyone from his family.Yes.Emile was in truth meeting with his uncle while everything was going on on the other side of the Duke's place.

The head of the Albrecht family have sent words expressing their concern.All of them missed him dearly and wanted to have him back as soon as possible.These words were conveyed by his Uncle, who came for a visit.

He spent a pleasant evening engrossed in conversation with him. 

 

But to come across this guy of all people pissed Emile.Since young he had a good control over his expressions so it was impossible to know his mood by one look alone.Jean was utterly unaware,

"Did you have dinner yet? I never saw you at the table."

The soft voice of the young man was filled with concern and worry.Those brown eyes peering at him from below the black lashes held an innocense that made Emile unconsciously lower his hostility.He replied in a much gentler tone, "I have already eaten."

"It's good then, you should never sleep on an empty stomach."Grinning Jean chimed with newfound enthusiasm. His tiredness vanishing instantly.

Its not everyday that you can hold a proper conversation with the leads so Jean carefully took-a-mile-when-given-an-inch.

"Young master Albrecht, with your permission can I ask for a suggestion?"

In a good mood Emile agreed without a second of hesitation "Sure.Go ahead."

"Um if you don't mind I would be troubling you to accompany me for a stroll sometime?"

Puzzled at the sudden request, "A stroll?"

Looking at the horror filled face of the other man Jean immediately began to explain, "It's nothing of much importance.I was wondering if here in Lanchoii there would be any place for relaxing."

Seeing Emile's brows rise in question as if saying ' Why not ask Justus instead?' Jean began babbling things like ,' Since it might burden young master Martin and so on...' but he had to stop midway when Emile raised his hand in indication.

Emile was astonished at his sudden patience that he showed towards this person but despite his inner thoughts he strangely found himself agreeing towards his proposal and also discussing details on how to make the journey more enjoyable. It was only later in the evening inside his chambers that he realised just how much ou

t of character he had been in front of the fourth prince.

Lying on his bed Jean spent yet another sleepless night.

2