Chapter 2 Meanwhile
127 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

    Meanwhile in Washington D.C. in a trap house a man with black hair, red eyes, pale skin, and long fangs spoke to a red-eyed African American man. The African American bowed with his fist over the left side of his chest, toward the pale raven-haired man.

Raven-Haired Pale Man, “Demetri, where is the new recruit you spoke so highly of?”

Demetri, “Lord Thadeus, last I heard from her she went to a bar for a drink.”

Lord Thadeus’s bloodline suppression activated and Demetri fell to his knees, “Well find her then!”

Demetri, “Of course my lord.”

    After being excused, Demetri got up from his knees and made his way out the door to search for the new vampiress. He looked up at the moon and sighed, “Oh where are you, Jennifer?” Suddenly, a harsh wind blew and he fell over dead, his body turned to charcoal and then ash blowing away in that same gust of wind. Leaving only half behind in a pile of ash.

    Sensing something strange Thadeus walked to the door only to see ash blowing away in the wind, with a sizable pile still on the ground. Inquisitive, Thadeus touched the pile of ash rubbing it between his fingers. Then feeling a strange sensation crawl up his arm, Thadeus decisively cut off his arm just above the elbow and quickly retreated back into the trap house. Making for the back door as his severed arm turned to charcoal then ash, he said, “I must warn The Night Mother of this.” He then turned into fifty bats and flew away into the night sky. A stiff breeze blew and several of his bats dropped dead from the sky, as he made his way out of Washington D.C.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

    A group of three male vampires stalked a woman through a dark alley, only for a strong breeze to blow and two of them to fall dead. Their bodies became charcoal then ash. The woman turned her head at the sound and ran, as the man stood there in shock, only for a small breeze to blow some ash on him, making its way into his body, he fell to his knees in shock then fell on his side dead.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

    A vampiress with red hair and red eyes lured a man into a dark alley, and the human male pushed her against the wall, as things grew sexual. He was busy kissing her neck when she bit his neck. Then choked on his blood. He managed to pull away at that moment from her grasp. He saw the fangs and ran. Behind him, she slumped against the wall dead. Her corpse became charcoal then ash. The man would be fine. Usually surviving a vampire bite turns one into a vampire, but the anti-vampire virus in his body acted like antibodies killing the cursed vampire cells in his body.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

A woman stalked a man down several dark alleys, tracking him. Only for him to fall dead after a strong wind, then turn to charcoal then ash. Seeing this the woman exclaimed, “What the hell??”

She reached down and touched the ash, examining it, but nothing happened. A man in black clothing and a black cowboy hat dropped down next to her., a crossbow with a wooden stake set in it hanging at his waist.

The man asked, "What happened?"

The woman replied, “I don’t know, he just, dropped dead… We’re gonna have to tell the council about this.”

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

     Three days later in Romania….. A Man with black hair, his hairline a widow’s peak, his skin pale as snow, his irises blood red, his body tall with powerful lean muscles and broad shoulders, sits on a throne that isn’t his. A group of fifty bats blasts through the doors and forms into a half-kneeling Thadeus.

    The man on the Throne, “What bring’s you here Duke Thadeus, to have the audacity to burst in unannounced….. It must be urgent yes?”

    Duke Thadeus, “Your Royal Majesty, I, I…”

    The Man on the Throne, “Oh Thadeus, how long have we known each other? Centuries? Millenia? You may speak freely, and please, do call me Dracula.”

    Duke Thadeus, “Your Majesty Dracula, I have urgent news for her Highness.”

    Dracula narrowed his eyes and spoke with some aggression, “Whatever news you have brought, you may tell me first. Mother can wait.”

    Duke Thadeus, “But, your majesty…”

    Dracula growled, “Enough, you may tell me in my mother’s stead. She is quite busy after all.”

    Duke Thadeus, “Yes, your Majesty, A strange phenomenon has gripped Washington D.C. I saw my own Knight turned to ash, with nary an enemy in sight. On my way here a simple breeze turned a number of my bats to ashes. Your Majesty, it’s as if nature itself has turned itself against us.”

    Dracula, “Strange, I wonder if this has anything to do with the phenomenon, in the south pacific.”

    Duke Thadeus, “The South Pacific your Majesty?”

    Dracula, “Yes, the Night Mother herself, felt the birth of a very powerful minor law in Washington D.C. and the birth of several other minor laws near it, before a strange space distortion happened in the south pacific, an hour later. Anyone who approaches its position is unable to find anything. Except…..”

    Duke Thadeus, “Except?”

    Dracula, “Except every ship and aircraft that approaches it ends up going around it. We only know this because, well the area they're avoiding is the size of Ireland.”

    Duke Thadeus’s jaw dropped exposing his two fangs, “Ireland??! Your majesty is this true?!”

    Dracula, “Of course it’s true! This news comes from the Night Mother Herself!”

    Duke Thadeus’s eyes widened and he visibly shook, not just from Dracula's bloodline suppression but from the sheer weight of his words.

    Dracula, “Enough of this, I shall Head there and investigate myself.”

Dracula then turned into a group of 10,000 bats and flew out of the windows of the throne room, breaking them in the process.

4