Chapter 3 My New Island
313 7 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arriving above the Southern Pacific Ocean I closed the portal behind me this time and stared at the ocean below. A soft breeze blew threw my hair, ruffling it, as I thought. I need a safe place to experiment with my abilities, away from prying eyes. I need a homebase. Raising my hand I folded the space around me in on itself, for 65,000 cubed miles starting at the ocean floor, creating a pocket dimension. Inside I created a bedrock on the ocean floor that rose from the ocean as I created it, thus creating a 32,595-square-mile island, the size of Ireland. It occupied roughly a third of the pocket dimension. Sensing something wrong, I created binoculars, hung them on my neck, and raised them to look through them.

Tyrone Salazar proud new owner of an island, “Ah the local sea life got caught up in it.”

Using my gravity control ability I lifted the sea life off my island all at once and placed them back in the ocean. Next, I created layers of earth and layered them so that they would allow for a water table, then place soil on top. I created mountains, hills, plains, stream beds, pond beds, lakes beds, river beds, and bays. In the mountains I place significant amounts of iron ores, coal, tin, copper, silver, gold, and gems, in the empty waterbody beds, I placed clay, the bays already full, and ocean water rushing into the rivers and streams. I’ll need to solve that. Trying my first experiment I focused my mind on the image of a seagull and my knowledge of its structure, then willed it into existence. Then suddenly it was there, no visual effect, nothing, just a seagull suddenly appearing in my hand, and flying away. With my first living creation created I turned my focus on creating wetlands at the mouth of every river to filter out the salt from the ocean water. I then used my alteration ability to float all the salt to the surface of the water in my rivers, streams, ponds, and lakes. Before clumping them all together into several large salt crystals each about the size of a three-story building. I split them into three groups of nine and placed a different group in each of the three mountain ranges.

I created ice on the peak of each mountain and created a few gray clouds in the sky, luckily the sun still shone through the space barrier, but the pocket inside was invisible. Next, I created a jungle to the south, a grassland in the middle progressing to a temperate woodland.

I created the rest of the ecosystem from the ground up starting with microorganisms, then bugs, then small animals, and then medium-sized animals. As an experiment I created horses and gave them dragon bloodlines, resulting in a new species of draconic horses, the males being black-scaled bicorns and the females being black-scaled unicorns, both with blue dragon eyes. It also resulted in a few scaled pegasi with leathery wings and even a few with black feathery wings. Only two had both features, a bicorn, and a unicorn.

I created a mountain island in the middle of the central northern very large lake. It would be my base of operations and my future capital. From the mountain’s peak, I carved a castle. My castle. I name it Greatholm and I name the Island, Tyrogarde.

Continuing with my experiment, I created a black labrador and a drop of dragon blood then infused it with the dragon blood. It shuddered as it grew too twice its size and its fur fell off to be replaced by shiny black draconic scales, its eyes turned into dragon blue eyes then dragon horns grew from its skull. In anger and possibly hunger, or perhaps at the beckoning of its new draconic instincts, it stalked toward me, growling. Coming up with something on the fly, I created a small fragile orb that would bind him to my will permanently, without any negative side effects. The draconic hound lunged at me with its mouth open and I threw the orb in. The draconic hound choked and swallowed the orb crushing it in the process. Suddenly he calmed and acted a bit more like a dog and nudged my hand with his head, then licked it.

Tyrone, “Sit.”

The draconic hound sat. I gave a few more orders, each with increasing difficulty and finally ended it with, Only defecate and urinate in the courtyard. I would have him do so elsewhere, but with us being on a mountain we didn’t exactly have a back or front yard. At least not yet. But we did have five large courtyards with grass and trees. I then created a cooked pork shoulder and threw it to him. Then I created a bowl of water that had the power to never empty and always be filled with clean pure water. I set it down in front of the big boy and walked further inward to the throne room.

I came to the throne room doors, which looked rather plain and were made of stone. I decided to spruce it up a bit. Using my alteration ability I carved an image of the starry sky, with four suns surrounding a massive black hole in the middle. A single pair of eyes peering from the abyss of the black hole. I overlaid the doors with black diamond, then I filled in the nebula with various assorted glowing gems. The suns were made of golden glowing diamonds, and the black hole’s ring was made of fiery orange gems, the eyes inlaid with glowing blue diamonds.

Flanking the outside of the door, I created two 15-foot-tall black diamond golems in the shape of knights with a hood of diamond covering their helmet-shaped heads, I gave them the following abilities rapid regeneration, pyrokinesis, laser vision, gravity control, telepathy, ESP and instant respawn. They each have an average IQ, they never get bored, they have no fear, they need no rest, and their loyalty is absolute. They each had a black diamond sword in hand and a black diamond tower shield on their back.

Tyrone orders, “Gaurd the throne room against trespassers and hostiles. Trespassers are to be detained, unless hostile in which kill on sight. I will be creating more of you so stand guard where you are, and keep in mind I will also create new residents that look different.”

Golem Guardian 1, “How will we tell the hostiles apart from non-hostiles?”

Tyrone, “Use telepathy. If you can’t figure it out, contact me with telepathy.”

Golem Guardian 2, “How will we detain trespassers?”

Tyrone, “Use gravity manipulation to hold them down. Also, y’alls species is now called Greater Golem Guardians. Dude who asked about hostiles, your name is now Granut. Guy who asked about detaining trespassers, your name is now Boldar. Kapeesh?”

Granut and Boldar reply, “Kapeesh.”

Walking into the throne room I created blue fireballs that could change color when I clapped once and turned off when I clapped twice in a row or snapped my fingers once. They could go through every color in the visual spectrum of light. I floated them up halfway to the very high ceiling to provide light. I then made my way to my massive stone throne, threw my shirt off onto the seat, to cushion my posterior, then sat down.

Tyrone, “I know I don’t need to, but I’m gonna take a nap.”

 

 

Author's Note Forogt to post the image I drew of the Island, Tyrogarde.

 

3