Ch.6
3.3k 7 125
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Matt Pov)

Pulling into school I park next to Bella who is still in her car and looks like she is giving herself a pep talk.

"Bella you good?" I say to her walking up to her and knocking on her truck's window. She jumps at my approach not expecting it.

"Jesus Matt you scared me and yeah I'm fine....wait why do you look different?..... Holy shit you grew taller... and buffer?" Bella says to me while looking at me after getting out of her truck.

"Uh yeah, guess I had a crazy growth spurt last night. I did wake up in the middle of the night sweating," I say trying to play it off, she just stares at me for a solid minute.

".....Sure whatever you say..... Are you doing steroids?" Bella says as we start walking into the school not really believing me.

"NO! I'm not that stupid," I say to her in annoyance.

"Whatever, just be safe," she says to me still not believing me. I just roll my eyes at her, but I do notice a lot of people are staring at me though.

Once again I went through school and nothing interesting happened until my gym class with Emmett. Luckily it seems teenagers don't really care all that much about my drastic change, just stare a bit and move on with their lives. The teachers seem just uncaring as the students, looking at me funny for a minute and then just start class. Entering the gym I am immediately hit with the BO of sweaty hormonal teenagers and the stale air. Then another smell cuts through the crowd a rotten food-like smell, like meat that has been left out for weeks. I realize that it is coming from Emmett.

______________________________________________________________________

(Emmett Cullen Pov)

Sitting in gym class and ignoring the lustful looks from some teenagers and jealous looks from others, a smell hits me that I haven't smelled in a long time. It brings back the memories of the time a bear mawed me, since then I've avoided bears as they bring back some painful memories, Carlisle calls it PTSD. The bear-like smell is coming from Alice's mate Matt and holy shit did he change.

He's taller than me now and I'm considered tall and he seems a hell of a lot more buff even though it seems he's trying to hide that. As a man who takes pride in buffness, I can tell when another buff man is in the room even if they are being modest. Seeing me he tenses up but relaxes a bit when I wave at him and approaches me.

"Hey Matt. Boy did you change overnight! Got some secret juju that you want to share with me?" I say to him in a joking manner, though he tenses up a bit at that.

"Uh, yeah went through a crazy growth spurt it seems," he says laughing slightly and rubbing the back of his head.

After going through the class with him and not poking too much at what changed in him, as I don't really care, plus if he's gonna be family soon he can share if he wants to. Though Alice pestered me to ask him to join us at lunch, so I'll ask him, I just hope he doesn't question why none of us eat.

"Hey Matt want to sit with me and my family for lunch?" I ask him as we head out of gym class. I can see the surprise on his face and then happiness.

"Definitely," he says excitedly.

"Cool we gotta go to my locker first, Rosalie and I usually meet there to head to the cafeteria together," I say to him.

"Yeah sure lead the way," he says to me, while deep in thought about something, most likely Alice.

'Ah, young love. Damn, Alice and he will get along really well. I'm happy my little sister found her mate,' I think to myself as we head to my locker first to grab Rosalie and Alice. 

______________________________________________________________________

(Matt Pov)

Thankfully Emmett didn't ask too many questions. He is a really cool guy and we share a lot of the same interests, would like to hang out with him more. I am excited to share lunch with them, though I know it's gonna make Bella jealous. At the same time, I'm nervous as hell because what if they realize I'm not human anymore or Edward reads my mind and sees I know the future in a way.

'Shit, this was a bad idea,' I think to myself, but I already committed and another part of me just wants to be with Alice twenty-four-seven.

Arriving at Emmett's locker Rosalie and Alice are there waiting and talking about me.

"Calm down Alice, I know he is your mate but if you come on too strong you could freak him out," Rosalie says to Alice who seems to be pouting at her.

"I'm trying Rosy, but you know I sometimes can't hold in my excitement or happiness! You see how hot he is, I just want to be held in his arms while we cuddle! Like you and Emmett," Alice says to her while smiling at the thought it seems. Hearing this my face gets red from embarrassment as I too would love to just hold her.

'Damn I like her the way she is, if she wants to jump on me then I'm all for it. Don't take my happiness from me Rosalie!' I shout to myself.

Breaking me from my thoughts of cuddling with Alice and then taking things to the next level. I hear Emmett say hello to them as we are walking over, kinda pissed me off since I was taken from my horny thoughts.

'Shit I guess turning also makes my hormones go crazy too, I mean yeah I've had horny thoughts like anyone else, but this is like every time I see Alice or think about her' I think to myself and shaking the hornyness out of my mind.

"Matt! Long time no see! How've you been?" Alice says ignoring Emmett and walking past him, he gives her a hurt look like 'what about me.' Rosalie seeing this chuckles and pats his shoulder in conciliation.

"Hey Alice, yeah been a while huh? I've been good how about you," I say to her chuckling and losing myself in her eyes again. Though I notice Rosalie sees that I look different than yesterday but doesn't say anything.

"Yeah feels like years since we last saw each other!" Alice says sarcastically and jumps up and down in excitement, I just laugh at her in joy seeing her happy.

"They're both crazy, that's good. Means they will get along just fine," Rosalie says while smirking at our interaction and Emmett laughs. Alice at hearing her turns to Rosalie and Emmett sticking her tongue out at them.

We begin walking to lunch with Emmett and Rosalie lagging behind a nit to give us space. Alice being the talkative pixie she is begins telling me all about the art she has been working on since yesterday. Once again I'm blind to my surroundings as I lose myself to her presence.  Entering the cafeteria everyone is now staring at us since I'm walking with the Cullens to their table where the rest of their family is, though Edward is missing. Alice is just skipping happily next to me as we walk over with the brightest smile on her face.

"Hey guys this is Matt! He's my partner in art class and my friend!" Alice introduces me to her family. As Rosalie and Emmett take their respective seats.

"Hello Matt, I'm Edythe and this is Jasper," Edythe says to me and Jasper gives me a small nod since all the teenage mixed emotions are messing with him.

"Nice to meet you both, where is your brother?" I ask them, even though knowing he left for a bit to avoid Bella.

"He went to visit some family in Alaska," Rosalie says to me giving the excuse to which I just nod.

During the first half of lunch, I noticed Bella is just staring at me in shock, then annoyed seeing me with the Cullens. Thinking that I know Alice is my mate and I have an extreme attraction to her. That she also feels the same way I decide to ask her out since I know she will say yes.

(They only go to school on cloudy days to avoid the sun, in case you didn't know)

"Alice want to take a walk outside before lunch is over?" I ask her after talking with her family for a bit and getting to know them.

"Yeah let's go!" Alice says to me jumping up immediately and skipping to the door leading outside. The others laugh at her reaction and I chuckle following her. After walking for some distance away from people and finding a secluded spot outside we sit down on a bench.

"So.....uh....."I start to say but am trying to think how to start but am getting nervous. Meanwhile, she is looking at me in curiosity and confusion about what I was trying to say.

'Come on man get yourself together! We know she likes you as much as her so just ask her already you bitch!' I tell myself trying to pep-talk myself.

"Sorry, wanted I wanted to ask you was, did you maybe want to go out for a date? Like a movie or something. I know this is kinda sudden and we barely know each other but I feel this connection between us," I say to her while clearing my throat in the beginning and now looking at her nervously. She is just staring at me in shock but then pure joy and excitement show on her face a second later.

"YES! DEFINITELY YES!" she practically screams catching some peoples' attention that are somewhat nearby. Noticing her they give her annoyed looks and I can hear them calling her a freak. Hearing them she looks down embarrassed and sad hearing them, probably thinking I'll change my mind.

Instinctually I give them all angry looks and then put my hand on her chin making her look at me. Looking at me she is just staring at me and I lose myself in her eye again. We start to lean in close to one another about to kiss but then the bell goes off breaking us out of our stupor. With a red face, I would assume if she was not a vampire, she jumps up.

"We should head back into our next class...see you in art," Alice says skipping away happily.

The next two classes go by forever it feels like, I just want to get to art class and spend time with Alice. Then it finally comes and we just sit in the back talking about all our dislikes and likes, she wanted to see a movie so tomorrow we are going to see one. Heading outside people seem to be all making fun of Alice, from her even more happy behavior being next to me, although this annoys me deeply I ignore it for now. Waving goodbye to her as we each head to our separate cars to head home, each as excited for our date tomorrow night. I see Bella looking at me next to my car seemingly wanting to talk.

"So Matt…..since when did you become so close with the Cullens? Also, where was their brother Edward?" Bella asks me as I walk over to our cars.

"Well for starters I have a class with Emmett and he's a cool guy so I think we could become friends and so far it seems we are. Their brother though is visiting family in Alaska they said. Also, I asked out Alice and we have a date tomorrow so yeah there is that too," I say to Bella making her look at me in shock and then stares at the Cullens who have obviously heard what I said.

Not letting her say anything else I get in my car starting it and wave at the Cullens as I head home. Alice jumped up and down smiling and waved back at me, with the others smiling at her and giving me a wave too. Bella quickly gets in her truck to head home and berate me with more questions I'm sure.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

AN: Surprise Chapter! Though the last one for today definitely. Who knows maybe the inspiration bug will bite me tomorrow and I may write again. Have a good one either way.

125