Ch.13
2.7k 5 119
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Matt Pov)

Pulling up to Billy Black's house I see him sitting outside smoking his pipe and Sam sitting next to him. Seeing us pull up Billy waves at me, but seeing Jacob is angry about something gives him a curious look.

"Just a crazy growth spurt huh?" Billy says to me smirking as we walk up to them.

"I mean I'm not technically wrong I did grow like a crazy and change overnight," I say to him and get a snort of amusement from Sam.

"Sam told me what you showed him and that Alice Cullen is your mate," Billy says to me while smoking his pipe.

"That pretty much sums up what has happened the last couple of weeks," I say to him shrugging.

"So you really are like the wolves?" Jacob says to me surprised.

"In a way, though I'm surprised you know about them not being one yourself," I say to him while looking at Billy and Sam.

"Since I'm an elder in the tribe, Jacob would take my position one day, and ever since the Cullens came back and our people started changing again. I told him about our legend and that it was true, not sure how much longer I got," Billy says to me shrugging at his eventual death.

"I see...well you may want to talk with the other elders and discuss a revision of the truce, I would suggest an alliance. One in case either side gets attacked or finds a situation that they need help, then the other side would provide assistance," I say to them thinking about the possible future events with the Volturi.

"You want us to ally ourselves with those bloodsuckers!" Jacob says looking at me in disbelief and anger, while Billy is thinking about my suggestion.

"I would suggest it, what do you have to lose? They have proven time and time again they are trustworthy," I say to them and make Jacob look at me in even more disbelief and anger.

"You're not wrong, though I'll have to talk with the other elders first," Billy says while Sam nods in agreement.

"You can't be serious dad! Who knows if one day they decide to turn on us and kill us like the bloodsuckers they are!" Jacob says to them, his whining pissing me off more and more.

"Shut the fuck up Jacob! You know next to nothing about them and only hear the stories passed down from your elders!" I say to him getting fed up with his attitude, Sam seeing my anger spike gets nervous and Billy notices his reaction.

"JACOB! Go cool down and–" Billy yells at him before he can piss me off further.

"FINE!" Jacob says interrupting him and storming off.

"I'll make sure he doesn't do anything stupid. Here's my number in case you need to contact me for anything in the future," Sam says to Billy and then turns to me giving me a paper with his cellphone number. Then runs after Jacob leaving Billy and me alone.

"Jacob is just…."Billy starts to say trying to find the right word.

"Hotheaded, yeah I've known him since we were kids and he hasn't changed since," I say to him getting a nod in agreement from Billy.

"Well, I'm gonna talk with the elders later and after talking we'll contact Carlisle. Whatever the changes that may occur I'm sure Carlisle will tell you and I'll have Sam text you too," Billy says to me after taking a few more puffs on his pipe.

"Thanks Billy and sorry for the mess I caused," I say to him feeling kinda guilty for the mess I made.

"Just hope you are happy with your mate, everyone deserves happiness," Billy says to me while I walk away and wave goodbye as I drive to the Cullens to meet with Alice.

Texting Alice I'm coming over and if I should wait outside due to the Emmett situation and texted Charlie I'm gonna hang with Alice. Alice said to come inside because Emmett wanted to talk with me anyway. Pulling up to their house I see Alice waiting outside for me and seeing me skips over to me smiling at me.

"Took you long enough!" Alice says kissing me after I get out of my car.

"Sorry, the meeting with the Quileute took longer than I thought it would," I say to her as she grabs my hand leading me inside.

Walking inside I see Emmett and Rosalie waiting in the living room for us. Seeing me Emmett tenses up, but quickly forces himself to calm down.

"Hey…..guys," I say to them while rubbing the back of my head awkwardly.

"Alice let's cook something for Matt, I'm sure he's hungry," Rosalie says grabbing Alice and dragging her into the kitchen so Emmett and I can talk, plus I was hungry.

"Uh….sorry for–" I start to say to him, but he stands up and approaches me.

"No, you have nothing to be sorry for, just seeing you brought back some bad memories. Though I should have known that even though you're different now, it's still you," Emmett says offering his hand in a truce. Grabbing his forearm and him grabbing mine we squeeze each other's arm but not enough to hurt one another.

"See, the two muscle-headed idiots made up and are BFFs again," Rosalie says to Alice while they are standing in the doorway of the kitchen watching us.

"I thought you were cooking something? I can order pizza, but I'm hungry as hell" I say to them turning to look at them.

"I can't cook for the life of me, Alice is still learning though," Rosalie says to me shrugging at me.

"Yeah! Let me cook for you! What do you want?" Alice says to me looking at me in excitement.

"I'll eat anything," I say to her shrugging and walking into the kitchen.

While Alice is cooking some food for me in the kitchen, Rosalie and Emmett are hanging out with us in the kitchen. Emmett asked me questions about what I think I am and what I can do now. Alice finished cooking, making spaghetti and meatballs. Taking a bite, I almost spit it out from the amount of salt she added.

"How does it taste? Do you like it?" Alice asks me giving me a curious look and smiling at me. Seeing her face looking at me with happy expectations I couldn't bring myself to tell her the truth.

"...Really great….." I say to her trying not to throw up on the overly salty food.

"Yes! Then I'll cook for you whenever you come over!" Alice says to me happily cleaning up the mess in the kitchen.

'Fuck...I messed up,' I think to myself and force the rest of the food down. 

After eating the food we hung out in her room, and then we all watched a movie in her living room. Then the weekend was over just like that. On Monday the school field trip to the local Botany Center happened. After getting on the bus to head over there, the biology teacher tried to show students how cool botany was. Edward then approached Bella again trying to talk with her, but his two sides of wanting to be with her and not wanting to turn her into a monster showed themselves again.

"Edward is really making himself seem like a crazy bipolar person," I say to Alice watching the interaction as we walk through the indoor gardens. Making all the Cullens laugh at Edward and me turning back to look at me with a heated gaze.

"I told you to get your shit together and stop messing with her like a jackass," I say only for the Cullens to hear and making Emmett chuckle even more, while Edward has an even more gloomy mood now.

"Stop torturing him….he can't help but be an idiot," Edythe says while we all laugh, Edward is now trying to ignore us and focus on Bella.

"For my teddy bear," Alice says putting a picked flower in my hair and I can see Emmett smirking at me when that happens.

"Now your 'teddy bear' just needs a good 'squeeze'" Emmett says laughing at his own joke. Everyone else just rolls their eyes at him.

"Emmett I'm only a teddy bear for Alice, you don't want me to give you a bear hug now do you?" I say to him with an evil smirk, but is not really working as Alice is putting more flowers in my hair and humming happily to herself.

"Eh, I'll take my chances... 'teddy bear'," Emmett says to me smirking.

A few more weeks go by and I haven't talked with Jacob since the meeting with Billy. Sam texted me that the elders were still discussing the truce and it could take a few months before the old idiots make a decision. Then I realize that prom is happening towards the end of this year. Seeing all the photos in the Cullens in the house in past proms, however not seeing Alice in any of the photos for it. When we were working on the art project at her house one day after school, I just decide to ask her to prom, I'm not one of that prom proposal kinda guys though.

"Alice, did you want to go to prom together?" I ask her as we are sitting on her bed relaxing after finishing our art project.

"YES! I thought you would never ask!" she says to me turning to look at me giving a fake hurt expression.

"Sorry kinda forgot about it until I saw the photos of everyone in the house," I say to her making her pout at me.

"I never had any date to the prom before, at least one I wanted to go with. Now I have you!" Alice says to me still pouting but then perks up at saying she has me.

"You always will too," I say to her and start another make-out session.

"I'll make plans to pick out our outfits and we can do it with the others!" Alice says to me breaking our kiss, but before I could respond continues to make-out with me.

As the weekend approaches that Saturday, Bella was going out with her friends from school to pick their prom outfits even though Bella doesn't have a date for it yet. I head out with all the Cullens, except for Edward, Esme, and Carlisle. Jasper, Emmett, and me waiting in the waiting area as the girls pick out the dresses they want to wear.

"You didn't bring anything to pass the time? This is going to be an all-day thing," Emmett says to me seeing I'm just sitting there. He has brought a Gameboy and Jasper is reading a book.

"You fucking kidding me right?!" I say to them and realize they are probably right.

"Yeah this ain't our first rodeo," Jasper says to me in his southern accent and laughing at my depressed face.

"Fuck! Did you guys bring anything else with you?" I ask them and they both shake their heads.

"Then your sharing Emmett!" I say to him grabbing his Gameboy from his hands.

The game he was playing was "Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow" and I just give him a look of 'really.'

"Fuck off! I like it," Emmett says grabbing the Gameboy back.

"You're an actual vampire, why the fuck are you playing a game about vampires?" I say to him in exaggeration.

"It's because of that exactly, since I'm a real vampire. Then I'm just seeing how real this game is," Emmett says to me and Jasper just laughs at him.

"You both are jackasses," I say to them and make them laugh even more.

119