Ch.32
1.5k 1 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Matt Pov)

We still had some time to burn before the suit was done and the club opened. Going to a local restaurant we sat down and ordered for Eva and me. Alice just got a glass of water, not drinking it but just to order something. After relaxing a bit in the restaurant and paying the bill, we had some time still.

"I just remembered there is something I have to pick up today," I say to them as we are walking since I wanted to surprise Alice with something.

"We can go with you. Where and what is it you need to pick up?" Alice says to me curious.

"No I'll go by myself it's gonna be boring and you guys should explore and have more fun. It won't take me that long," I say trying to convince Alice.

"As I said Matt, I'll go with you anywhere, even the boring parts," Alice says still holding my hand and walking down the street with me.

"Alice I wanted to show you the dress store remember, let's go there and Matt can run his errand while we shop," Eva says to Alice catching on that I want to be alone.

"I guess, but I wanted to show Matt the dresses and see what he thinks," Alice says thinking about it.

"You can surprise him with the dresses you buy and I'm sure he knows you look good in anything," Eva says doing her best to help me.

"She's right Alice, surprise me and you do make anything you wear look good," I say smiling at Alice and giving a small grateful nod to Eva.

"Ok yeah let's get some dresses and surprise Matt!" Alice lets go of my hand and loping arms with Eva again as they walked away.

"You have a card to Matt's account, right? Cause this will be his gift to us," I hear Eva as Alice as they walk away. Sighing since Alice does and not that I really care.

As they walk away I return to the tailor we went to, as Alarik should know more about fashion than me. Entering the same young man who was at the counter and seeing me didn't recognize me right away since my hair and beard were cut.

"I was here earlier with two women and we bought several suits and a dress. I know they are still not ready yet, I just have a question for Alarik, though you might be able to help me," I say to the young man and then I see he now remembers me.

"Yes, the suit is not ready yet sir. Though what is the question you have for Mr.Alarik, as you said I might be able to help you?" the young man says to me.

"Well, I'm looking to buy some fine and fashionable jewelry for my girlfriend that was with me earlier, the shorter one, and was wondering if Alarik or you know of any place that would work well with the dress she bought and her," I say to the young man and I can see he has a thoughtful look on his face.

"I know several jewelers in the area, but for one that could help you in that regard. I will ask Mr.Alarik for you sir, as he would be of more help than me," the young man says and walks away to either as Alarik or grab him. A few minutes go by and the young man returns alone.

"Mr.Alarik said, that a friend of his does custom-made jewelry. Though since you are needing it within the hour its cost will go higher, depending on the piece is possible to buy," the young tells me and shows me the jeweler is a smaller store compared to the other large jewelers I passed on the way, a few blocks down the street.

Entering the shop I see a hunched-over middle-aged man, with brown graying hair, just slightly shorter than me and quite burly. He is currently working on something under a scope and light, his size and look don't fit what a jeweler would look like in my mind. However, there is a middle-aged woman at the counter, with blonde graying hair and just as short as Alice.

"Hello young man, how can I help you?" the woman says seeing me enter the shop and it appears I'm the only customer there.

"This place was recommended by Alarik to me, I was hoping to buy a necklace that goes well with my girlfriend," I say to her walking over to the counter and looking at what they have on display. Hearing that Alarik recommended this place the large man stops what he is doing briefly and looks at me curiously and then returns back to working on the piece he had.

"Of course, when did you need this piece by?" the woman asks me.

"...Within the hour," I say sheepishly.

"I see…..well we have already prepared pieces," the woman says to me gesturing to the case showcasing some of the jewelry they have available. 

"Though if you really want something custom-made in the hour, depending on the style and gem we could do it. However, it will cost you quite a bit. Describe your girlfriend to me," the man says turning to me and stopping what he is doing, the woman gives him a curious look, but lets him cut into the conversation.

"She is a shorter woman, like this kind woman here, has dark brown hair, smooth white skin, and golden-orange colored eyes," I say trying to think what could be important for jewelry.

"They say the eyes are the window of the soul. My suggestion would be a necklace with an orange gemstone, for those we have amber, andesine, fire opal, and spessartite. Each with different qualities and prices of course," the man says taking out a box behind the counter and opening it showing me different orange-colored gems. After looking at each of the gems in the box, I felt none looked good enough for what I wanted.

"Do you have any others or is this all the orange gems you have?" I ask him not satisfied with the gems.

"Well, if you are willing to pay even more after the cost of having it made within the hour, we do have other gems," the man says to me giving me a look curious about how much I am willing to spend.

"Money is no issue for me," I say and I can feel the inner cheapness of me crying at what I said.

"Then, in that case, we have one very rare orange sapphire. It is currently at ten carats making the gem alone ten thousand. That is why we have had this gem for quite some time, someone custom ordered this a while ago but after a year of never coming to get it made or take it, naturally forfeited the gem to us," the man says taking out a small box for a ring and inside was the most beautiful orange sapphire and quite large for a gem.

(Just assume all prices ever mentioned are in USD)

"I'll take it, could you make it into a golden necklace? As I said money is not an issue, so do whatever is needed to make it into a beautiful necklace," I say to the man and I can see them both smile at me happy that I'm gonna be paying a crazy amount probably.

"I can use some twenty-four-carat gold necklace as the holder and add several small diamonds around one carat each to make the sapphire stand out," he says to me with greed in his eyes and at this point, I am already all in.

"Sure, that sounds good. How much will this cost?" I say to them as the man nods smiling, takes the sapphire and other materials he mentioned, and begins working.

"After the labor, short notice, gemstones, and gold involved. The price will bring it to one hundred thousand," the woman says while giving me a smile. On the inside, I died a little but handed over my card. After it went through, the woman smiled even more.

"Thank you for the patronage. My husband should have it done within…" the woman says turning to her husband who has already begun working on it.

"About forty minutes as the gems are already cut and it's more just delicately placing them and making sure they don't ever come to lose," the man says with complete focus on the project now in front of him.

"If you need or want anything just ask me, and here is our business card. Should you ever need a piece made again just give us a call or come back," the woman says handing me the business card, nodding to her I then sit on one of the chairs in the store waiting for the man to finish, before meeting Alice and Eva back at the tailors to get the clothes for the club.

After waiting the man finally stands up from his hunched position and rolls his shoulders, as he didn't move much from the hunched position of working on the piece I ordered. After stretching gently holds the necklace out to me showing me it.

"Is this to your satisfaction?" the man asks me, holding the necklace out.

"Very much, thank you," I say to him as the necklace is extremely beautiful, the large orange sapphire in the center of an oval of smaller diamonds surrounding it,  with a small chain with three smaller diamonds connecting it to the large chain of the necklace and all made from the twenty-four-carat gold.

"No, thank you! If you didn't buy that sapphire I don't think anyone would have," the man says smiling at me and placing the necklace in a very fine jewelry box. Then hands it over to me.

"Your girlfriend is one lucky woman, I'm sure she'll love it. Have a good rest of your day," the woman says to me after I take the necklace and leave the store.

"Thank you, you both have a good day also. Though I'm the lucky one!" I say to them smiling and waving to them as I leave. Even though the price was high, I was extremely happy with how it turned out.

Walking down the street smiling at the gift I got for Alice in my pocket. I see both Eva and Alice waiting inside the tailor for me. Walking inside they both turn to me and now I see they are both holding two bags filled with clothing.

"Matt, you don't have anything. Did you get what you needed?" Alice says seeing me not holding anything.

'Shit! Think...think brain,' I start panicking.

"Matt take the bags from us, don't make ladies carry things," Eva says to me walking over and giving me her bags and then Alice's bags.

"Your welcome," Eva whispers only for me to hear after handing the bags to me and I just give her a small nod.

"Good you have returned, here is the suit for tonight and the dress for the madam," Alarik says while the young man at the counter hands me another bag and speaks before Alice could follow up with another question for me.

"Thank you Alarik. Now let's head home and get ready for the evening," Eva says to Alarik and then turns grabs Alice's arm, and walks down the street.

"Of course, Miss Strömberg, and have a good rest of your evening. Mr.Strömberg your other suits will be ready in a few days," Alarik says to Eva as she leaves, then turns to me as I start to follow them home and nod to him as I leave.

Sighing I follow Eva and Alice back to Eva's house while carrying five bags in my arms down the street behind them, like some servant. They weigh absolutely nothing to me, but my dignity is a little hurt, but whatever, as long as they are enjoying themselves I don't care.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

AN: Another slice of a life chapter, enjoy. Though I'm sure some are still going to complain that it's taking too long and should get back to the main story. Though there are a few more chapters before we get back into the plot of Twilight. 

57