Ch.36
1.5k 4 72
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Matt Pov)

The last few days of summer vacation passed by and nothing much happened. Other than the Cullen's asking Charlie and me to help with throwing a surprise party for Bella at their house, this weekend. While helping them get supplies, Alice and I went to get Bella a gift and decided since we are out Alice was showing me some places we could buy, then renovate. Going to get our gift for Bella I thought of a perfect gift for her, not the real one from Alice and me, but for petty revenge.

"Matt, is that really necessary? Don't you think it's kinda mean?" Alice asks me after buying the gift for Bella.

"Alice, as her older brother it is my duty to embarrass her and mess with her. Plus we got her a nice gift, these are just my way of getting revenge for my Birthday," I say to Alice who just giggles and rolls her eyes at me.

"Fine, just make sure you only put your name on it. I'm not ruining my friendship with her," Alice says while we walk to my car and go to the largest realtor in town for houses. Entering the office we had a meeting with the 'best' realtor in town, so after confirming our appointment with the receptionist we met the realtor. Who was a middle-aged black-haired woman and seemed to have an air of pompousness about her.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. and Mrs.Strömberg. I'm Sarah Smith. Before I can show you some houses, I just need to ask you a few questions," Sarah says shaking our hands in greeting, then gesturing to take a seat at the two chairs facing her desk. Chuckling to myself since Alice made this meeting, probably told them we were married and I intend to marry her one day so I don't mind.

"Nice to meet you too, Ms.Smith. Ask away," I say to her after taking a seat and after Alice greets her too.

"For starters, what is your budget? Then after that, what style of house are you looking for? This will help me narrow down the many different opinions we have available in town," Sarah says looking at us curiously.

"As for our budget, we don't necessarily have a limit on the amount we are willing to spend. Though I'm sure you have nothing more than a few million in town, as for the style I leave that up to my 'wife'," I say while having a small smirk at Alice at calling her my wife.

'Now I feel like a young master, saying money's not an issue, but I guess it really isn't anymore so to speak,' I think to myself at seeing the greedy look in Sarah's eyes at hearing our budget is 'limitless'.

"I'm more of a fan of modern designs, though depending on the older design I may be interested in it," Alice says after thinking about it.

"Well, that will certainly help me narrow down the options for you. Would you prefer to look at the higher-end options first? We have a few mansions for sale, ranging from just under a million to just under twenty million," Sarah says to us with the greed in her eyes showing fully now.

"Sure let's start with them," I say and Alice nods her head in agreement, now Sarah has this excitement about her, knowing she might make a huge commission soon.

After looking at each mansion some with modern designs, and some with older designs, such as classical mansions and victorian mansions. Seeing none that Alice really likes, since I don't care too much about the design of the house and just want to live with Alice alone. Seeing how we are not happy even after the last house in the area, Sarah has a slightly aggravated look but is professional enough to not show it openly to us.

"Sorry, they just all don't have that…..spark, that I'm looking for. Are there no others in the area? It doesn't necessarily have to be a mansion," Alice says though I can see the disappointment on Sarah's face, she starts to think.

"If you would excuse me, I'm going to make a phone call," Sarah says before walking to another room in the house we are looking at. Though we can hear her just fine, she seems to ask someone on the phone if a certain house is still available, and hearing that it is, she thinks maybe we might buy it.

"I just called a colleague of mine. He has a mansion, though with the price and size I would call it a mini castle. We have had trouble selling it, due to that, though it has a modern design to it and might be to your taste. However, the price is close to forty million, would you still want to view it?" Sarah asks us curiously and I just shrug in indifference and defer it to Alice, who sees me look at her.

"Sure! Let's go see it," Alice says excitedly and grabs my hand to lead me back to my car to drive there.

'Damn the greed in this woman's eyes is like she is Lucifer herself. Wait! If the gods are real, does that mean so are heaven and hell?! Is she Lucifer?!' I think to myself and have a small existential crisis.

"You ok Matt?" Alice says as we are driving behind Sarah to the house. Seeing my horrified facial expression.

"Huh, uh yeah," I say shaking the thoughts from my head.

"If you don't want to spend so much money, we don't have to," Alice says thinking that I'm worried about that.

"Not to sound like a snooty asshole, but Alice we have more money than I could possibly know what to spend on, though I guess charities now that I think about it. Either way, this is a drop in the bucket, I was just thinking about something else," I say to her and she nods and smiles at me.

"Ok, if you're sure.....Though I know something that can help you relax more," Alice says to me in a seductive tone and before I can respond, she immediately unbuckles my jeans bringing her head down.

"Alice! What are...….Fuck yes!" I was confused about what she was going to do, but after looking down, seeing and feeling it. I tried my best to focus on the road and hoped to god that the drive was somewhat long enough.

Luckily the drive was about forty minutes out from town and on the opposite side of the Quileute reserve. Making it deep into the forest and just as I pulled onto this side path into the woods wide enough for two cars to drive down side by side behind Sarah, we finished up. The drive down this side road, took another ten minutes before we reached the mansion.

"Best car ride ever," I say to Alice who is licking her lips at me seductively, and park the car in this huge semi-circle driveway.

Stepping out of the car, Alice and I can see that this mansion, which does seem like a mini castle now standing by it. With a modern design, though made out of stone brick the house was two stories and made in an 'L' shape. Walking around the house, it was at least twice the size of the Cullen's house and had ten bedrooms total, two master bedrooms with attached master bathrooms each. Ten full bathrooms including the two master bathrooms and two half bathrooms. Many large windows lined the sides of the house giving the view of the beautiful forest surrounding it and a large walkway/balcony led into the forest viewing the mountain range in the distance. Outside a huge patio with a large, almost bone fire-sized fire pit. The basement had everything you could want, a bar, pool table, laundry room, game room, and sauna.

"Fuck it, I want this house. You like it, Alice?" I ask her as Sarah is showing us around, though hearing what I said Sarah is now looking at Alice in excitement.

"I love it! Much better than anything we saw so far, plus we can always add or make changes if we want," Alice says and now Sarah is looking at us very happy and excited.

"I will grab the papers to finalize the purchase," Sarah says practically running to her car, in case we might change our minds. Rushing back she hands me the papers as Alice is still wandering around looking about. The total for the house seems to be just over forty million, after signing all the paperwork and handing her a check for the total. Sarah is smiling now ear to ear.

"Thank you Mr. and Mrs.Strömberg for the purchase, I will finalize the paperwork and you should be able to move into the house a week from now. Did you need me to show you the way back?" Sarah says before leaving us.

"No, we are fine. Was a pleasure doing business with you as well," I say to her as Alice comes back and nods in agreement with what I said.

"Pleasure is all mine. Have a good rest of the day and I will contact you once the paperwork is finalized, for any other realtor needs I will always be available," Sarah says smiling ear to ear and leaving us.

"Did you want to move in next weekend? Our last year in high school will have started already though. Plus did you tell Charlie that we were buying a house?" Alice asks me after Sarah leaves and we are driving back to the Cullens.

"Huh, no I didn't tell anyone we were buying a house. Guess I should've told Charlie at least, and I don't see why not once the house is available to move into it," I say chuckling slightly.

"You should really tell Charlie since you are going to be leaving him and Bella…..to spread your wings and fly from the nest," Alice says to me laughing at the analogy.

"Ha, Ha. I will tell Charlie later," I say to Alice rolling my eyes.

Dropping Alice off at the Cullens then heading home to Charlie and Bella. As we are eating dinner, I decide to tell them both about the house, and since Bella's surprise party is tomorrow, the last day before school starts again.

"I forgot to tell you guys, but Alice and I went around house shopping today. Now that I inherited some money from my dad's side, I decided to buy a house with Alice. Which we bought and are moving in next weekend," I say dropping the bomb while eating the spaghetti Bella cooked and shrugging indifferently. Looking up I can see Charlie staring at me with his mouth open and fork with spaghetti frozen in the air. Bella also has a surprised look, but not as surprised as Charlie knowing about the real me and Cullens.

"Matt! You should really think about this! Don't just jump head-first into this! I know you love this girl, but this is a huge commitment, and if you don't intend to marry her….then you are making a huge mistake," Charlie says worried about my choices, which would have made sense if I was your average teenager.

"Then I guess a bigger surprise is in order, I plan on asking her to marry me after graduating from school. So I'm fully prepared to make this commitment," I say to him and give him a very serious look.

"You remind me so much of your father," Charlie says with a sigh. But quickly responds before I can.

"Though I'm happy for you and if this is what you want...as your dad, I support you," Charlie says smiling at me, Bella is surprised hearing him say that, forgot she doesn't know I consider Charlie like my father.

"Thanks, dad," I say smiling at him and he nods to me smiling too.

"Wait! Did you officially adopt Matt?!" Bella asks confused about this conversation.

"No he didn't legally adopt me, I just told him that I always viewed him as my real dad," I say to Bella shrugging and going back to eating, and they both smile at me.

"Bella you're my one and only daughter. Matt is my one and only son, I love you both equally as my kids," Charlie says smiling at us both.

".....Love you too, dad," Bella says somewhat quietly and embarrassed. Though Charlie heard her and just smiled at her, as far as I'm aware this is the first time she told her father she loved him since we were kids. Which explains why Charlie seems about to tear up.

72