Ch.35
1.4k 6 69
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Matt Pov)

After the fun car ride with Emmett and Rosalie catching up and messing around, we arrived at the Cullen's house. Pulling up to the house I can hear the rest of the Cullen inside the house and Bella is here too surprisingly, well maybe not that surprising. My car is still parked in their garage after leaving it here. Taking my bags and putting them in my car, I then help Alice carry hers inside. Sitting inside we can see Bella is watching a movie with Edward, Edythe, and Jasper. With Esme and Carlisle in the kitchen, cooking food it would appear.

"Matt, Alice! You both are back! How was the trip?! Was it fun?" Bella says surprisingly in a happy voice, unlike her usual monotone voice, while also standing up and hugging us both.

"What got into you? Did you actually miss us that much? Never knew I meant so much to you," I say to Bella wiping a nonexistent tear from my eye and making everyone except her snicker or laugh.

"Oh shut up Matt, you're more of a brother to me! So yeah, I missed you. Plus it wasn't the same without our teddy bear around," Bella says rolling her eyes at my sarcasm and then smirks at me when saying teddy bear. Rolling my eyes at her I gently use my hand to push her face and walk past her upstairs to Alice's room.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm gonna put Alice's things upstairs," I say to them walking past them all, while Alice stays downstairs and begins to catch up with everyone.

After coming back downstairs Alice and I talk to everyone about what we did in Sweden. Telling them how I'm gonna be the next clan head probably and that I learned to control myself better. Though Alice and I left out what happened to my parents since I'd rather not talk about it for now and didn't tell anyone of my 'spilt personalities'. Since Edward picked up Bella and my car was here, Bella and I drove home together later that day.

"So, a lot happened over there. You are some crazy rich person now and gonna be some super powerful leader of bears," Bella says to me smirking at imagining me being a leader, as we are driving home.

"Yeah, sure. That pretty much sums it up," I say sighing at her smirk.

"Ok, but what didn't you tell us? Don't look at me like that, Matt we grew up together and you're my brother like it or not and I know when something is bothering you," Bella says with concern in her voice and looks at me waiting for me to respond. I didn't take her for someone who was this insightful considering it took her forever to figure out the Cullens.

"I...I learned that my parents were not killed in a car accident, but murdered by my granduncle. Also, apparently, my mom was a vampire when she was pregnant with me," I say to Bella sighing as both sides flare up inside me, one saying to forgive and the other demanding blood.

"Matt…..I'm sorry. You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to," Bella says regretfully after hearing what I said.

"The only thing is.... I can feel two sides of me, each wanting different things. One side wants me to find and kill those that killed my parents. The other side is telling me to forgive them and move on. So, I kinda fell torn in half and not sure how to deal with it," I say to her after a few minutes of silence and contemplating on if I want to talk about it.

".....I'm not sure what to tell you. Though I guess my only suggestion would be, maybe try therapy or talk to a psychiatrist. Though since you're not really a normal human anymore, I'm not sure that would be of help," Bella says to me with concern on her face for my wellbeing.

"Maybe Carlisle could help you, he's been alive for a long time now and is a doctor. Maybe not a psychiatrist, but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to talk to a professional," Bella says after a few more minutes of silence and we are approaching our house.

"We'll see," I say as I pull up outside our house and can see Charlie is home. Walking inside I can see Charlie is watching some TV, but quickly turns it off seeing us enter the house.

"Matt, welcome back. How was the trip?" Charlie says to me and comes over to give me a handshake, but I pull him into a hug instead. Surprised at first, but then hugs me back quickly.

"Awe, if only I had a camera," Bella says seeing us hug, but then I pull her into the hug with us. She tries to resist but quickly gives in after realizing she can leave the now-family hug.

"It was.... informative. I learned a lot about my dad's side and enjoyed the city life with Alice," I say to him after breaking the hug, much to Bella's happiness, as she runs up the stairs to her room.

"Am I gonna be a granduncle now?" Charlie says to me laughing as he sits back down on the couch and motions for me to sit next to him.

"Not if I can help it," I say laughing with him as I sit on the couch.

"That's good, I'm glad you had fun. Was quiet around here with you and Bella not bickering, I guess I got used to the family life again," Charlie says with some emotion in his voice at having Bella and me living with him again.

"Uncle Charlie....Dad, is it alright to call you that?" I ask him after I had a lot of time to think about my relationship with him and he is my only real father figure in both lives. I have come to see him as my father and I can only hope he sees me as a son. I know we talked about it on my birthday for a bit, but never brought it back up since.

".....Sure Matt, you are the son I always wanted and now have," Charlie says to me with a little tear coming out of his eyes but quickly hides it and gives me a hug. Feeling my emotions well up, some tears escape my eyes as I hug him. After we both cried a bit in the hug silently, we broke the hug before we both cleared our throats and put that emotional hug behind us.

"So dad, I guess I should also tell you that some of my cousins and Aunt may want to visit sometime soon. Not sure when, but they told me they wanted to come to visit me here," I say to him after we both get control over our emotions again.

"Sure thing son, just let me know when they want to visit," Charlie says to me with slightly red eyes from crying a little earlier.

After going to my room and staring at the ceiling not being able to fall asleep after tossing and turning for a few hours. I realize that I got used to sleeping in the same bed as Alice and have trouble sleeping without her. Giving her a quick text to come over, but she didn't respond after a couple of minutes. As I'm about to call her I can hear her jump onto my side of the house by my window, chuckling I let her into my room.

"You ok Matt?" Alice says coming into my room, but I don't respond to her. I just pick her up and bring her to my bed and cuddle next to her. She was surprised at first but went with the flow quickly.

"Yeah sorry, just got used to you next to me in the same bed. Was having trouble sleeping without you next to me," I say now feeling the tiredness take over and yawning, as Alice is in my arms. Though she quickly takes off her clothes to get comfortable, only wearing her underwear.

"Guess since you're my teddy bear, I'm your–" Alice says to me.

"You're my little pixie," I say finishing it for her and she smiles cuddling into me more.

Waking up the next day, Alice is still in my arms and has her eyes closed seemingly comfortable and relaxed in my arms. Though feeling me wake up she opens her eyes and smiles at me brushing my short hair with her hands.

"Morning," I say to her kissing her and she smiles nodding back to me.

"I was thinking now that we have the money and am technically a legal adult. We should buy our own house because I got used to living with you and–" I say to her before Alice cuts me off with an excited look and a very passionate kiss, that would have turned into something more if she didn't break it off.

"Yes! I'll start looking immediately!" Alice says to me with pure excitement and somewhat loudly.

"Matt, are you on the phone with Alice?" Charlie says opening my door and seeing Alice in my arms in my bed with the sheets covering us. Since she looked to be wearing nothing beneath the sheets and I usually sleep with just my boxers.

'Seems like we didn't hear him coming to my room and we got caught up in each other again,' I think to myself as he is staring at us surprised, but then quickly closes the door. Alice if she could blush would be red as a tomato, now that she is hiding behind me and has the most embarrassed look on her face.

"....Huh...sorry. Though.....huh....breakfast will be ready soon....Alice can join us if she wants," Charlie says through the door unsure how to go about what he thinks he saw, which I mean he's not entirely wrong.

After Alice and I got quickly dressed, Alice wearing one of my hoodies and yoga pants which she knows I have a thing for. With me throwing on just sweat pants and a sweatshirt and we head downstairs. Charlie is trying to not look us in the eye, 'reading' the newspaper he still gets delivered every morning. Bella smirked at us while cooking some pancakes and eggs.

"Have a fun night Matt?" Bella says smirking evilly at us and Charlie choked on the coffee he was taking a sip of.

"More fun than you will ever have," I say to her annoyed and now she has this surprised look on her face. Charlie now choking even more and coughing, hitting his chest trying to stop coughing. Alice is giving me an annoyed look now too, embarrassed of the whole situation.

"Matt!" Alice says annoyed at me and punching my arm.

"I'm too old for this, maybe I should head to work early?" Charlie says still coughing slightly.

"I'm just saying, now that Bella is dating Edward....you know," I say sitting down at the table with Bella's eye twitching at me and Charlie has a horrified look on his face, turning to Bella. Alice is still mad at me, but can't help but giggle slightly.

"Bella....should we talk about safe–" Charlie starts to say to Bella, processing that what I said could be true.

"DAD! JUST STOP! AND MATT! FUCK YOU!" Bella screams at us utterly pissed at how this whole situation turned on her.

"I'm just saying–" Charlie tries to say again.

"NO! JUST NO! I KNOW, OK! Why don't you talk to Matt about it, huh?! He and Alice are obviously fucking!" Bella yells at him and tries to turn it on us, with Alice now completely embarrassed and I just shrug in indifference.

"At least I get some," I say taking a sip of my coffee and making Bella fume at my indifference. Charlie is now frozen and unsure how to proceed with the whole situation. Alice now pulls up my hoodie and covers her face with it, but gives me a glare at the same time.

"Yep, I'm just gonna head to work early. I'll grab something on the way," Charlie says quickly getting up and leaving.

69