Ch.37
1.4k 3 58
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Matt Pov)

As the next day came Edward came and picked up Bella to go out on a date for the day. Then would return to the Cullen's later when the party was ready. Though both Charlie and I wished Bella a happy birthday before she left with Edward and told her we'd give her the gifts when she got back home. After she left and Charlie went to 'work', really headed over to the Cullen's to help us set up the party. Arriving at the Cullen's with Charlie in my car, since it was easier to head over together. As we enter the house I see Emmett looking at me with a smirk.

"So the little bird decided to leave the nest and build his own with his mate, guess the house is never gonna be quiet the first couple weeks," Emmett says laughing and putting his arm around my shoulder, though now notices Charlie is right behind me.

"Hello, Emmett. I'm...gonna go set up the party with your parents," Charlie says awkwardly after hearing Emmett and walking past us.

"That man needs to get laid, he walks around so stiffly. We should set him up with some woman or women," Emmett says after Charlie goes to the kitchen where Esme and Carlisle are at.

"Oh, and what woman or women do you know? Some that I don't?" Rosalie says raising her eyebrow at Emmett with the rest of the Cullens behind her. Alice and Edythe are giggling, as Jasper looks like he wants to laugh but is restraining himself.

"Uhhh...." Emmett freezes up at hearing her question and looks to me for help.

"Nope, you get what's coming to you," I say laughing and removing his arm from my shoulder, as everyone is now laughing.

"Maybe we should talk about your 'alone time' now," Rosalie says as Emmett is nervously laughing as Rosalie is dragging him away.

"Hey Pixie," I say to Alice as she skips over to me hugging and kissing me.

"Edythe, Jasper, how's life? Haven't seen you all in a while. Though from what Emmett said Alice told you we bought our own house. Though your more than welcome to stay over or live there with us too," I say to Jasper and Edythe who both smile at me hearing what I said.

"See I told you, you could live with us, plus it would give mom and dad some time away from us. Like their kids have actually grown up," Alice says to them smiling and they both seem thoughtful.

"Just think about it no need to answer right away, the invitation is always there. Though I'm not sure I want Emmett living with us, because it would mean dealing with him on a daily basis," I say knowing that both Rosalie and Emmett have returned to us.

"I take offense to that! Here I thought you were my brother, gonna have to reevaluate our bond. Jasper, I guess that makes you my number one brother now," Emmett says as they enter the room.

"Oh, I was your first brother anyway. You are saying when Matt came, he became your favorite? Then no, I'm good, that spot can remain empty," Jasper says smirking at Emmett, who now looks at us sheepishly.

"Matt, your back to number one!" Emmett says to me with a thumbs up and I just laugh shaking my head.

"Nah, as Jasper said, that spot can remain empty. Jasper want to be my number one brother?" I say to Emmett and turn to Jasper, Emmett looking at us both betrayed.

"Yeah Matt, you and me both. The number one amigos," Jasper says as we put our arms around each other's shoulders and we smirked at Emmett. With everyone laughing at the scene. While Emmett looks completely betrayed and exaggeratedly falls to his knees depressed.

"This is why I'm always lecturing you to think before you speak and not just spout whatever is in that head of yours," Rosalie says sighing at Emmett, who is fake crying at our 'betrayal'.

After messing around with everyone for a bit more, we all finish setting up the party. Now that everything is ready except for the food since Esme wants to wait until it gets closer for Bella to come here. As there is time to burn we all decide to play some smash bros, even Esme, Carlisle, and Charlie join us. Though after a tournament I decided to talk with Carlisle since he is a doctor and maybe can help me with my messed up head. I've been ignoring it since the last time I meditated and instead of keeping procrastinating I'll see what he says.

"Carlisle, can I talk to you in private?" I ask him and everyone is looking at me curiously, though I ignore them as he nods and motions for me to follow him. Walking to his private study on the second story, he closes the door and sits at his desk, and gestures for me to sit across from him.

"So, is everything ok? If you're going to ask me for Alice's hand in marriage, then you already have my blessing, though I appreciate the gesture," Carlisle says to me smirking at me and making me freeze up in shock.

".....uh…..no that's not the question. Though I do intend to marry Alice, we talked about it and are deciding to wait until after high school," I say to him seeing he just nods his head and still smirking at me.

"Well, that makes sense. You just bought a house together and I figured that you would be wanting to get married next. Though if that is not the question, what can I do you for?" Carlisle says still smirking at me and I just laugh at his messing around with me.

"I don't know if Emmett rubbed off on you or you rubbed off on Emmett. Though, in Sweden I learned I have these two conflicting sides in me, both trying to convince me to join them. Should I choose one side, I'll lose the other and I want to keep both. Once the side wanting revenge against those who wronged me and the other wanting to forgive and move on," I say to him smiling in the beginning, but turning serious as I think about my issue. After hearing what I said his smile fades and turns serious, with a thoughtful look about what I said.

"Well, I did study physiology, I wouldn't say I'm an expert in the area. Are you saying it is like split personalities you have inside you? Both trying to control you and the person you are now is the one in control?" Carlisle says to me with complete seriousness on his face.

I shake my head and explain what exactly happened in Sweden, from the truth about my parents and the gods I saw while meditating. I even told him I have two sets of memories. After listening to me in silence he sits back and sighs trying to think on what I said.

"That is a lot to take in. First vampires in all rights should be sterile and the fact you are the first known child of a vampire is a huge unknown. Also that you have another life's memories in you, both your current memories and another older one fighting for control of you. Honestly Matt, I'm not sure how to help you. To me, it sounds like your personalities or memories, have manifested inside your head as 'gods', and are trying to manipulate you into forgetting the other one. I can't say gods are real or not, I was never really religious, though since the supernatural world is real, I guess so too could be gods," Carlisle says leaning back into his chair and sighing to me, after thinking on it for a few minutes.

"I could try to research this subject more, though I'm not sure if it will lead anywhere useful. In the meantime, you have two options. The first one I suggest is to avoid shifting or situations that make either side surface, I know that seems impossible, but until we know more that is what I suggest. The other option and possibly more dangerous is to force yourself to either shift and get into a situation where one side surfaces and confront it. Then try to subdue it and make it under your control, once you have both under your control, you can force them to make peace," Carlisle says to me with a concerned but serious face.

"Then I'll wait until we might learn more," I say sighing and thinking about what he said for a few minutes.

"Well we should return to the others, Edward and Bella should be here soon. Though I appreciate you trusting me with this, and you have my word I won't tell anyone without your permission," Carlisle says to me after we both stand up and make our way back to the others.

Walking downstairs we all waited for Edward and Bella to get here. After another ten minutes, we hear them pull up outside and everyone got ready for Bella to enter the house. Once she enters we all jump out and shout surprise at her and caught her off guard, with Edward smiling at her surprised look.

"Wow! I thought something was off today but wasn't expecting this. Thanks everyone!" Bella says to us after calming down a bit.

"Come sit Bella, you should open the gifts we got you," Esme says to her and motions for her to sit on the couch, between Alice and Edythe who are patting the seat between them. After Bella sits down, Alice in excitement hands our gift to her and my personal one to her.

"First, I want to say that this gift is from me, Matt and Edward. The other one is just from Matt and I didn't have anything to do with it," Alice says to Bella handing her the two gifts, Bella is now looking at me suspiciously and I just shrug her look off.

"What's on it?" Bella asks us to open a small package with a CD in it.

"I videotaped Edward playing the piano for you and Matt edited it while also burning the CD," Alice says to her smiling at her happily.

"That's so thoughtful, thank you," Bella says to us and hugging Alice, who immediately returns the hug. Then Bella opens the gift I got her.

"Really Matt...You're an ass," Bella says opening the gift I got her and sighing taking it out for everyone to see. Holding the book titled "Communication Skills For Dummies". Emmett laughs seeing the gift and fist bumps me, while both Jasper and Edward snicker a bit. Everyone else was trying to not laugh like Edward and Jasper.

"Why are you laughing Dad, Edward, you both could use this too!" Bella says her eye twitching at everyone laughing at her. Edward immediately shuts up and looks away embarrassed.

"When you're done reading it, I'll give it a try too," Charlie says making everyone laugh even more, and Bella sighs in annoyance.

Everyone else gives their gifts to Bella and then I remembered the scene when Esme and Carlisle. Bella cuts herself making Jasper lose control and Edward injuring her further. Now that Charlie is here I can not let that happen even more now. Seeing that Esme and Carlisle gave their gift to her and she is struggling to open it, I quickly grab it from her.

"Here let me, maybe I should've gotten you a gym membership too," I say playing off the reason I grabbed it from her and making her look at me in more annoyance.

"Har, har Matt. Give it back now," Bella says annoyed at me and everyone is chuckling at our interaction. I just smirk and hand it back to her after opening it.

The rest of the night goes smoothly and is very fun. Later that night Charlie, Bella, and I drive back home. Tomorrow is the first day of the start of the last year in high school for everyone.

'Now that I stopped Edward from freaking out and abandoning Bella like a jackass, I wonder if we are going to have a calm year before that redhead bitch vampire tries to come back and kill us,' I think to myself as Alice sneaks into my room once again, and I fall asleep with her in my arms.

58