Ch.38
1.3k 1 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Matt Pov)

The first week went by fairly quickly, with nothing of interest happening. Eventually, the weekend came with Alice and me officially moving into the house we bought together. After bringing our few belongings to the house, Alice decided to take me shopping for furnishing the house. After several tens of thousands of dollars, we bought enough things to furnish the house. After several days with many shipments, we finally got all the furniture for the house inside. Of course the first few weeks of living alone Alice and I had spent a lot of 'alone' time together, kinda like a small honeymoon if we were married. Though after the first two months Alice and I found ourselves always visiting everyone else.

"Edythe, Jasper, would you guys want to move in with us? The house is big enough," Alice asks them since it was already on the table.

"It would be nice to not live with Esme and Carlisle, like actual young adults. I'm in, what about you Jasper?" Edythe asks him after thinking about the offer.

"Sure, should be fun," Jasper says smiling at us.

"You gonna invite our jealous brother though?" Jasper asks me, as we both can see Emmett looking at us from a window in the house like a lost dog.

"Hmm...…" I say while holding a thinking pose purposely making Emmett look at us with hope.

"..........." After an even longer pause, now making him look like he is about to cry and Rosalie looking out the window now too to see what Emmett is doing.

"Knock it off Matt, we both know you want Emmett to move in too," Alice says rolling her eyes at the situation.

"Alice! He's not supposed to know that!" I say pointing to Emmett who now is celebrating like he won the lottery and smirking at me from hearing Alice. Everyone is laughing at the situation. Like that, almost all the Cullens moved into our house, other than Edward, Esme, and Carlisle.

"Our kids have all grown up and are leaving the nest," Esme says giving them all a hug and kiss on the head before we leave.

"Well almost all your kids," Emmett says laughing since Edward is still living with them.

"True, but how long did it take for you all to move out? A few decades?" Carlisle says smirking at them and causing them all to roll their eyes.

Arriving at Alice and my house, everyone takes their things inside claiming the rooms they claimed.

"I sure hope you have thick walls, because even though the house is huge. I don't want to hear you and Alice get your freak on," Emmett says laughing while we all walk inside.

"Matt and I have been inscribing runes all over the house. So everything should be a lot more durable here, plus this place as Matt said, is like a castle with all the defense runes we placed. Though I'll have to ask Eva to text me the runes needed for soundproofing," Alice says in thought at hearing Emmett, who is now looking at her in shock.

"What?" Alice asks him, seeing his look at her.

"You have zero shame! You learned well my little sister," Emmett says laughing and rubbing her head.

"Maybe it was a bad idea to have Emmett live with us, Rosalie you can stay. Emmett leave," I say to him with mock seriousness. At the same time, Jasper and Edythe are nodding their heads behind me in agreement.

"HA! Jokes on you, Rosalie would never live here without me," Emmett says smirking and crossing his arms at us.

"Don't worry, we are only a few minutes' run from mom and dad's house. I can always visit," Rosalie says with a smile at him, Emmett now has a shocked and hurt expression.

"Ok, ok, everyone, let's get everything inside. Then we can celebrate by playing a tournament of smash," I say laughing before the situation can get any more out of hand.

A few more weeks went by and winter vacation was getting closer, though one day after we pulled up to school. Waiting like we usually do for Edward and Bella to join us, which they eventually do. We all stop from heading inside as we can smell a wolf approaching us, looking at where the smell is coming from, it would appear to be Jacob jogging over to us. Thankfully he had the decency to wear a shirt.

"Bella! Wait up, you haven't responded to my texts in a while. I was worried so, I just came to check on you," Jacob says while jogging over to us and now Edward has an aggravated look on his face.

"Uh, yeah, sorry. Just been busy," Bella says awkwardly as he approaches. I just roll my eyes at her response.

"Seems you have finally changed," I say to him after he gets close to us and now he seems to have noticed my presence. Guess he was tunnel visioned on Bella, like a lost puppy.

"Matt?! Guess it was true, you are a shifter like us. Though your choice of company is questionable," Jacob says to me after taking a small sniff in my direction and scrunching up at the overwhelming smell from the vampires. Since living with Alice, I got used to the smell and only really pick up on it if I focus on the smell. I just shrug at his response, trying not to let either emotion inside me, influence me.

"What do you want with her Jacob? We both know it's more than just a…..welfare check," Edward says to him with poorly hidden hostility.

"Like I said just checking on her. Was worried that you bloodsuckers finally drained her," Jacob says to him with disgust in his voice. Now Edward and else everyone, except Alice and me look like they want to hit Jacob.

"You should leave, Jacob before you become the reason the truce is broken," I say to him seeing the situation escalating.

"Matt, you have no room to talk. Especially since you are fucking a corpse," Jacob says to me with venom in his voice, and now my anger spikes. So does everyone else in the group hearing what he said.

Before he or anyone else could react, I close the ten feet between us and grab him by his neck lifting him off the ground. Squeezing his neck to the point of snapping it, as he is struggling to break my grip and breathe. Too shocked and scared to try to shift, it would seem.

'This fool has no idea what he speaks of! Teach him a lesson he will not forget!' I hear the voice of Höðr say to me as I hold his neck.

'Matt that is unwise, think of the truce and the consequences that will come should you hurt him,' I hear the voice of Baldr now speaking in my head.

Then they begin to fight with each over verbally, making my head hurt from the voices. This is all happening within seconds, though I feel a hand touch my shoulder as my head feels like it is going to split from the voices arguing.

"Matt, let him go. He was your best friend growing up. The real you won't hurt him, no matter how much of an ass he is," Alice says to me softly as I'm still clutching his neck and looks on the verge of passing out.

'SHUT UP!' I shout in my head, as I listen to what Alice said.

Then with the silence that comes, I release Jacob from my grip. He falls to the ground coughing and taking deep breaths. I can now see the bruise of my grip on his neck. He is now looking at me in extreme anger and fear. The people from school are looking over at us and also now looking at me in shock and fear. The regret of letting my emotions take hold of me again filled me, especially since I almost killed or maimed my once friend.

"Jacob, please leave. We can talk later," Bella says after Jacob forces himself to stand and gives me one last look of hate and fear.

"Fine, just text me later," Jacob says in a raspy broken voice since I almost crushed his neck. Then he runs off back to the tribe presumably.

"Matt, what was that?! You almost killed him!" Bella says to me angrily, though the rest of the Cullens seem indifferent to what I did.

"I...My emotions got the best of me. I…..I'm going home, I need to meditate," I say to them since everything in my head is still in turmoil. Though now everyone is looking at me concerned, even Edward.

"I'll come with you," Alice says to me grabbing my hand.

"No, I need to be alone," I say taking my hand from her and jogging off since we all drove in Emmett's jeep to school.

I can feel the looks of the Cullens and fellow students on my back as I leave the school grounds. Giving a quick look back I can see the extremely hurt and worried look on Alice's face, making my emotions go into even more turmoil. Getting home, instead of meditating, I go to the small outdoor workout area that Alice and I created using runes. Walking over to the extremely enhanced punching bag with enough durability to withstand my punches. I begin to let out all the anger and frustration with myself on the bag.

'So now you both can talk! Why haven't you before, until now?! Are you even real gods or just manifestations of my memories and emotions?!' I shout in my head extremely angry.

After getting no response I just keep punching the bag letting out all the pent-up emotions I have inside me. Not realizing that I was out here the whole day until I hear Alice walk up to me behind me.

"Matt, you've been out here all day it seems. Do you want to talk?" I hear Alice ask me as I stop hitting the bag and looking at it, it was made to be more durable but after hours of hitting it nonstop has destroyed it practically.

"Sorry for earlier, just...those 'gods' in my head spoke when Jacob showed up. Making my emotions overflow on both sides and I wanted nothing more than to hurt him, but at the same time forgive him," I say to her sighing and sitting on the ground. Without saying anything she sits next to me and hugs me, sitting in my lap and facing me.

"I'm tired Alice, tired and scared of these overflowing emotions. That seems to easily take control of me. I'm worried one day they might make me hurt you. No matter who I ask, no one seems to know what to do or how to help. I don't know how to proceed," I say to her sighing and hugging her back letting go of all my fear and worry in the hug.

"Matt, I believe no matter what you will never hurt me. We will get through this and I'm sure your grandfather and Carlisle will find something to help you eventually," Alice says to me hugging me back and kissing me.

"I sure hope so," I say sighing to her as I stand up with her legs wrapped around my waist and still hugging me.

"You smell, not bad, but we should take a shower," Alice says whispering in my ear suggestively. Knowing what that means, I push down all the fluctuating emotions and rush inside. After a few hours of fun times, we are lying in our bed. Now I'm thinking about what happened today and how to proceed.

'Will the wolves take that as an attack? Does that mean the truce is broken? Should I go over to the tribe and apologize?' These thoughts are swarming my head, all with different outcomes and how to potentially proceed.

65