Ch.39
1.3k 2 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Matt Pov)

The first few days after 'attacking' Jacob I was a little tense and was waiting for a text back from Sam telling me what the situation was like. Sam told me the elders and Billy were upset at Jacob for almost ruining the truce and to leave you all alone unless any of you come to him. Sam also said I was still welcomed to the tribe just as before, though if I come for whatever reason to avoid Jacob so as to not start a fight with the idiot. Happy that the tribe realized that Jacob was in the wrong, like that I stop stressing about it and time flew by.

Now winter break was here and the week before it started I got a text from Eva saying that she is coming to visit this break. Alice and I went to the airport to pick her up. Waiting there Alice was excited since she got to introduce her family to my family now and since she missed Eva. Seeing her Alice jumps up and down waving at her happily and with me just holding a sign Alice made that says "Bear Family", with small bears sitting around a campfire. Seeing us and the sign I'm holding she waves at us and laughs at the sign.

"Hello my little nephew, missed your Aunt much? Though I missed you both," Eva says to me trying to ruffle my hair, even though I'm taller than her. Though I just snort and push her hand away, which she just laughs at, and hugs Alice who quickly returns the hug.

"Maybe you shouldn't have come to visit, here I'll buy you a ticket home," I say while sighing at her and making Eva chuckle at me.

Driving on the way back to our house, Alice tells her that we have her siblings living with us. Only her parents and one brother who is the mate of my cousin are still with her parents. Eva just nods to the information and catches up with us for the rest of the car ride. Pulling up to our house I can hear everyone inside playing Smash, as we have been using that to win arguments, pass on chores, or just to make bets.

"What did Emmett do this time?" I ask after walking inside with Eva's bags.

"Fuck you Matt! I didn't do anything, this is just a friendly match," Emmett says snorting at me.

"Lies, Emmett wants someone else to wash his and Rosalie's cars. If he loses he has to wash all our cars for the rest of the month and if I win I'll do it," Edythe says and seems to be winning much to Emmett's annoyance.

"Ok guys, pause the game! Matt's Aunt Eva is here! Come and see meet her!" Alice says walking in behind me with Eva next to her.

"Damn she is big! Is your whole clan big muscle-bound monsters?" Emmett says whistling when seeing her and Rosalie quickly smacks the back of his head annoyed with him.

"For Fuck's Sake Emmett! How many times do I have to tell you to think before you speak?! For that, you are going to wash everyone's car for the month!" Rosalie says annoyed with him and now he has a sheepish smile on his face.

"I apologize for his rude behavior. My husband doesn't know his head from his ass sometimes," Rosalie says quickly after to Eva, who now quickly laughs at the situation.

"Along with my size and muscles, comes thick skin," Eva says laughing, making Rosalie relax hearing her and Emmett laugh with her.

"Fuck, now we have a woman version of Emmett living with us. Alice this was a bad idea," I say sighing at their interaction.

"Oh shut, teddy bear!" Eva says and now I'm glaring at her, as Emmett is laughing even more. With everyone else joining in laughing at me.

After getting to meet everyone who is living with us, Eva joins a new tournament of Smash we started. As usual, Edythe is the ultimate winner, though we all are improving slightly each time we play. Later that day, we decide to introduce Eva to the rest of the Cullens, by inviting them over for 'dinner' and Edward is bringing Bella with him too. I also invited Charlie over to meet Eva as well. Alice and Rosalie were cooking food for Eva, Bella, and me, which was nice of them. Usually, I cook with Alice for just me, and sometimes Rosalie would join us to keep up her cooking skills.

"Everyone this is my Aunt Eva, she is a bear like me. Eva this is Alice's parents, Esme and Carlisle. This is her other brother Edward and his mate Bella, my cousin who I grew up with, so really my sister," I say to them as they enter the house and see Eva sitting on the couch with the others who are just finishing up another match on Smash.

Turning off the TV and everyone gets up and greets them as they enter the house. Eva shook their hands in greeting.

"So you're Matt's sister. That means you have a lot of stories about when he was younger. Tell me some," Eva says to Bella who is looking at me and smirking.

"Sure thing, I have lots of them," Bella says smiling at her and now everyone is paying attention to the stories Bella is telling them, about when we were kids. I'm just smiling as I think this is something that I always wanted, a big family.

As Bella started to tell them stories we all hear, except Bella, that Charlie pulled up outside finally. Then like all of Alice's visions, they hit randomly, seems she has one just as Charlie pulled up. Rushing to her side I hold her steady and once her vision is over, she just smiles at Eva who is looking confused about what happened along with everyone else. Though before anyone could ask Charlie is knocking on the door.

"It's gonna be an interesting night for you," Alice says to me whispering in my ear only for me to hear and before I can respond Bella opens the door for Charlie.

Charlie gives Bella a hug greeting her which she returns and then when he walks into the room, both he and Eva freeze at seeing one another. Looking into each other's eyes and now we all know what just happened, though like her usual self Bella has no clue.

"Fuck," I say out loud and snap everyone out of their shock, along with Eva and Charlie. Seeing everyone's shocked faces and my annoyed face, Bella looks around confused, Eva is now looking at Charlie excited and Charlie seems to be embarrassed with the situation as she looks at him.

"What? What just happened?" Bella asks breaking the silence I caused.

"Matt's Aunt Eva just imprinted on Charlie. Meaning that they are each other's mates," Edward whispers to Bella, though we can all hear it, except Charlie. Now Bella has a shocked face also. Rubbing my forehead, at all the implications this means and causes. The only good side is we can now inform Charlie about the supernatural world.

"We should eat before the food gets cold, then we can….discuss…..the situation," Carlisle says breaking the silence that returned to the room.

Going to the dining room, we all eat, except the Cullens who are drinking 'wine' from a wine glass. The dinner was a lot more awkward than it was supposed to be, now that Eva is just staring at Charlie with a lustful look and longing. As Charlie is trying not to do the same but keeps meeting her eyes once in a while.

'Is this what it was like when Alice and I first bonded?' I think to myself and look at Alice sitting next to me. Turning to me she gives me a smile and holds my hand.

Being the perverted jackass he is Emmett has this knowing smirk on his face the whole time and looks like he wants to say something the whole time. Luckily Rosalie is able to keep him in check with the not-so-subtle looks she is giving him. As the dinner is progressing in silence with only the sounds of eating, Charlie finally speaks up.

'Ahem' "Well, this is really good. Who cooked this?" Charlie says trying not to stare at Eva who is just not looking away from him.

"Rosalie and I cooked it! We've been practicing, well I've been practicing more, Rosalie could always cook," Alice says in her usual happy-go-lucky self.

"Matt is one lucky man," Charlie says smiling at Alice.

"Not as lucky as you're going to be," Emmett says under his breath but loud enough for everyone with super hearing to hear. Hearing him I start choking on my food and everyone else is glaring at him. Though it would seem Eva is not even paying attention to her surroundings.

"You should be careful Matt, I know the food is good, but make sure to chew it," Charlie says laughing at me choking on the food. Nodding to him, I give a quick glare at Emmett, who looks on the verge of laughing out loud but is holding back.

After finishing the very awkward meal and going back to the living room, we all sit in silence. Getting annoyed with it, since no one knows how to brooch the subject I will.

"Fuck it! Charlie, you and my Aunt Eva have a lot to talk about. We all know you both have this attraction to one another. Don't look at me like that, you'll understand after talking with her. Just go talk with her outside, you're adults and just please go talk outside," I say to them as Charlie is looking at me shocked at what I just said. After looking at Eva and then back to me I can see he is conflicted on what is going on, but ultimately nods to me and they both go outside to talk.

"Matt was that the best way to go about that?" Alice asks me after they go outside.

"No idea, though it was getting too weird in here. Plus they are both middle-aged adults, are we just gonna let them 'play games'," I say using finger quotations.

"He is not entirely wrong. When Carlisle and I met, we didn't really 'play games' as teenagers would with their emotions. We just were upfront with them and well here we are now," Esme says nodding to me and they all seem to think about when they met each other.

"Yeah, I guess the only idiots who 'played games' were Alice, Matt, especially Edward and Bella," Emmett says smirking at the four of us.

"I was dealing with shifting and the mate bond at the same time, so fuck off Emmett. Though these two are just socially awkward idiots," I say pointing at them with my thumb and Edward just looks grumpy at what Emmett and I said is true.

"Fuck you Matt! I was just a normal human, who was required to learn all by myself!" Bella says annoyed with me.

"True, but how many times did Prince Edward show you undisputable signs, which you somehow didn't put two and two together?" I say to them and smirk at them both as Edward looks embarrassed about how he acted when first meeting Bella, while Bella is just even more annoyed with me.

"Sometimes I wonder how I can love such an asshole as a brother?!" Bella says after trying to come up with something to refute what I said but can't.

"Awe I love you too sis," I say forcing her into a hug which she tries to break but gives up since she can't obviously, having a look like a cat that was given a bath. Everyone is just smiling at our interaction. Though getting her revenge on me, though I don't really care, Bella tells them stories about me when I was a kid as we are waiting for Eva and Charlie to come back inside.

55