Ch.40
1.2k 3 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Matt Pov)

After coming back to everyone inside, we can see Eva looks confident and happy. While Charlie is looking at everyone with uncertainty, then he turns to Bella and me.

"Bella, are you.....are you a vampire? Matt, you are like your aunt, right?" Charlie says to us still trying to process everything.

"No dad I'm not a vampire, not yet at least," Bella says to him, though I can see Edward still has conflicting feelings about turning her or not.

"Yeah, I'm a bear like Eva. Did she show you? The only real difference is me being a polar bear looking one, with her being a brown bear," I say to him, though he nods and sits on the couch with a very thoughtful look on his face.

"I'm....I'm gonna need some time to process this. Wait! Does that mean the murders that were popping up in town months ago were from vampires? The coroner thought it was weird each was killed by blood loss and nothing mutated as a normal animal would. Did you know about them?!" Charlie says after some thought about everything.

"Yes Charlie, they were vampires. Though they were from an opposing coven, that's what we call groups of vampires, and were just passing through the area. Luckily Matt....Matt drove them off," Carlisle says to him while looking at me unsure about saying the truth.

"I see.....I'm gonna head home. I just need to....process everything. Sorry everyone...I…..I will keep in touch with you Ms.Eva if that is fine," Charlie says standing up and grabbing his things to leave. Though would seem the mate bond still influences him about Eva.

"I would hope you do," Eva says kissing his cheek, surprising him and making him blush a bit.

"Have…a good night everyone," Charlie stumps out the words seemingly happy with Eva and leaves as we all wave goodbye.

"Well, from my experiences with telling humans about the supernatural, it could have gone much worse. I would say that today was successful in that regard," Carlisle says sighing as Charlie leaves. With the other Cullens nodding in agreement.

"Eva I know, you always wanted to find your mate. But please remember he is my uncle and basically my father, so please don't rush him. He…..he can be a little....socially awkward, especially after what he learned today," I say to Eva who is looking at where he left, with mixed emotions.

"I know Matt. It's just been a while since I had fluctuating emotions, like the first time I turned," Eva says sighing and turning to look at me.

"Edward, still unsure if you want to turn Bella? I saw the look you had when she said she would be turned eventually," I say to him hoping to get rid of the awkward atmosphere that was created again.

"Uh...." Edward freezes up not sure what to say, since now everyone is looking at him, with Bella giving him a hard stare.

"All, I'm saying is, since she is my sister. I will help her turn regardless of how you feel about it, since she will want to be turned, to be with you," I say to him as Alice, Edythe and Rosalie nod their heads in agreement with me. He is now glaring at me and the others agreeing with me, with a lot of anger.

"Matt, you have no idea what it's like to be turned into an immortal monster who can never die from aging, having a family, or having an undying thirst to drink human blood," Edward says with anger in his voice at me. Though Alice, Edythe, and especially Rosalie look down depressed hearing about the family part.

"Wrong, I know very much what it is like to turn into a monster with a 'thirst' to just kill everything it can, as the mate of Alice. I too am now ageless and Alice is all the family I need if push comes to shove," I say with a growl as my emotions try to surface again, with me holding them back. Alice though hugs me from the side smiling at what I said.

"Ok, everyone let's just take a breath and relax. It is getting late, we should head back home," Carlisle says trying to stop the conversation from escalating.

After they left, leaving the rest of here, I went to sleep. The next morning Eva asked me where Charlie, lived as she wanted to talk with him in a few days. Telling her she went to go see him a couple of days later. Just like that days passed by until Christmas arrived, and Charlie came to terms with what he learned. Eva and he seem to be dating, as they have been going out together quite often. Everyone came over to celebrate Christmas at our house.

In the morning Alice, Edythe, Rosalie, Eva, even Esme and surprisingly Bella, who for some reason were here as well. Were all cooking in the kitchen for today. Carlisle being a doctor was working until later this afternoon and the same with Charlie. Edward was in the living room with Jasper and Emmett.

"What the hell is going on?" I say after getting out of the shower and seeing basically everyone here.

"The ladies wanted to cook a bunch of food for today, Eva said you and her would it most of it, considering your metabolism and hunger," Jasper says to me shrugging while reading a book with Emmett and Edward playing one of the Mario brothers' games.

"Well we have time to burn, when was the last time we had a guy's time out?" Emmett says throwing the controller away annoyed that he died to Bowser again.

"What did you have in mind?" I say curious, now Jasper and Edward are looking at him curious too.

"Nothing really, but I mean we could go on a hike, fish, uh....see a movie…..I don't know really was just a thought," Emmett says shrugging as thinking. As we all start to think on what to do too.

"Maybe we could each pick something to do, and we spend some time doing what we each pick," I suggest and they each seem to agree with what I said.

"Last one to the jeep, has to tell them we are leaving!" Emmett says jumping up and running outside, stunning us but we quickly follow.

"Sorry Jasper," I say as he was the last one out. Though Emmett has a smug look on his face, as Jasper shrugs and goes back inside to tell them we are heading out.

"The ladies said that it is fine, though we are doing the dishes later tonight," Jasper says as he comes back outside and makes Emmett sigh.

"So who has something first?" Emmett says as we climb into the jeep.

"A new Barnes and Noble opened up in town, I wouldn't mind checking it out," Jasper says to us.

"Sure why not," Edward says and I nod my head in agreement.

"Fine, boring bookstore first it is," Emmett says sighing, and drives to where it is at.

Arriving it was a fairly large store, compared to most stores in town. Entering there were several dozen people walking about and browsing the books. To the right of the entrance was the checkout and to the left was a Starbucks. A few feet in front of the entrance was a small circular desk, with three computers and three people sitting at them. From hearing one helping someone, they would appear to be the store's version of a librarian, knowing the location of the books in the store. Jasper immediately started to browse the isles with a smile on his face and Edward went with him looking at the books also. Emmett sighed looking bored and just looked at me waiting to see what I was going to do.

"What?" I say to him seeing him just staring at me bored.

"Books aren't really my thing, so I don't know what to do," Emmett says with a bored tone.

"I mean I never really took you for a smart person," I say smirking at him and he just chuckles at me.

"Brother, no matter what you say or think, you and I are more alike than you think," Emmett says laughing and putting his arm around my shoulder.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I say narrowing my eyes at him. Though he just snickers at me and ignores my question.

"Whatever, I'm gonna grab some coffee and maybe a pastry before looking around," I say pushing his arm off me and walking over to the Starbucks. Annoyingly he follows me over to the counter.

"Hello, what can I get either of you?" the young woman working behind the counter asks us and blushes slightly seeing Emmett and me.

"Nothing for me beautiful, though my brother here wants something. Though what exactly he wants...we'll see," Emmett says flirting with the young woman and seemingly saying something suggestively at the end. Now the young woman is blushing even harder.

"Ignore this jackass, can I just get a large black dark roast coffee and one glazed donut?" I say sighing at Emmett and ask the young woman kindly. As Emmett is laughing at what I said.

"S-sure thing," the young woman says nervously, still blushing at us. After paying her I go sit on one of the small tables as they make my order, with Emmett sitting across from me. Though we can hear the young woman talking about us with some of the other workers as they are all looking at us like pieces of meat.

"Emmett, sometimes I wonder if you have a brain. If Rosalie was here, your balls would be in a clasp," I say sighing ignoring the young women all staring at us with lust-filled looks. Though Emmett looks over at them and winks making them all blush more, before turning back to me.

"True, but should wouldn't be that annoyed with me, more them. Plus I would never cheat on her or hurt her, but one can always look at the cars on the lot, just not take it for a test drive," Emmett says shrugging off what I said.

"Plus it is just harmless flirting, worse case they try to get my number or give me their number. Either way, I will turn them down," Emmett says to me before I can respond.

"Sure I guess, as long as no one is hurt," I say sighing as the young woman approaches us and nervously hands me the items I ordered, while still blushing at us.

"I-I wrote….my number on the cup, call me," the young woman says before quickly leaving before I can respond and the others are all looking over at us now. Next thing I know Emmett takes a picture with me holding the cup with the phone number on it.

"What the fuck was that?!" I ask him lowly angrily and annoyed now.

"I'm bored, so I just made the day a little more entertaining," Emmett says before putting his phone away and smirking at me. Before I can say of doing anything else I feel my phone going off with a bunch of text messages, from Alice. Asking me so many questions and seemingly upset with me.

"Mother fucker! Two can play that game!" I say texting Rosalie about what Emmett did. Though much to my annoyance Emmett is just laughing the whole time.

"Guys we got some books, did you want to leave or did you'll want to stay here for a bit longer?" Jaspers asks Emmett and me, as he and Edward walk over to us.

"What did we miss?" Edward asks seeing the young women looking over at us gossiping, as they hear both Emmett and my phones going off with text messages.

"Emmett being the usual jackass he is and starting a fire for shits and giggles," I say very annoyed, and walking out of the store with them following as Emmett is still laughing.

"Where to next?" Jasper asks us as we get into the Jeep.

"I wouldn't mind fishing, haven't done that in a while," Edward says thinking.

"I know just the place," Emmett says still laughing slightly as our phones are still getting texts. Ignoring the idiot I'm texting Alice it was a misunderstanding and Emmett's fault, which I will explain later.

55