Ch.48
1.1k 2 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Matt Pov)

Spending the rest of our time in Italy was uneventful. Everyone doing their own things on the last day before meeting back up at the airport. Once we arrived back in Forks spring break was about to end meaning back to school once again. Though another week passed with nothing of interest happening. One day while we waiting for Edward and Bella in the parking lot we could smell the wolves headed over to us. Seeing Sam and Jacob walking over to us, while at the same time Edward arrived with Bella in the parking lot. Jacob had an annoyed face when seeing Edward and Bella together, though didn't say anything to us as Sam was breathing down his neck with a hard glare at Jacob.

"Bella, everyone else," Jacob greets Bella nicely and curtly nods his head to the rest of us.

"What do you want?" Edward says with an annoyed tone, making Jacob glare at him harder but he grits his teeth since Sam is next to him and sees me staring at him. I can smell the fear from Jacob directed at me, which saddens me a bit since I considered him a close friend once.

"Sorry for his attitude, but I wanted to come here to talk with you all, and hearing I was coming to talk with you all, Jacob tagged along. No matter what I knew I couldn't stop this idiot from coming," Sam says while sighing and smacking Jacob on the back to make him relax, which makes Jacob just glare at Sam.

"We got the scent of the woman vampire that was here last year with the ones that Matt killed. She was in the area for a bit and we almost got her before she escaped us, seemingly knowing how we were attacking her," Sam says to us and makes all the Cullens tense up.

"We assume she isn't returning for a while as she was scouting the area it seemed. Though we interrupted her after getting her scent, she might return to finish scouting, if she is an idiot, but I doubt it. We just wanted to inform you and we told Carlisle first, he asked me to come here and tell you all also," Sam says as the Cullens are looking at one another trying to think about the situation, with Bella nervously holding onto Edward again, as I just think on how to fix the relationship that was destroyed between Jacob and me.

"Thanks Sam, can I visit you all later I have a lot to talk about with your elders and you being the leader of the wolves?" I say since all the Cullens are trying to process this information and I wanted to make a formal alliance between them and my clan.

"No problem and yeah been a while since you visited us, though I can understand since this idiot made things awkward. I will make sure he doesn't say or do anything stupid when you come over later," Sam says giving me a nod and then motioning for Jacob to head back to the reservation. Jacob just glares at us and grunts in annoyance.

"Make sure you keep in touch Bella and I promise we'll hunt down this blood– vampire before she can do anything," Jacob says smiling at Bella and then ignoring us before quickly leaving to catch up with Sam.

"What are we going to do now?!" Edythe says what's on everyone's mind.

"Nothing. What else can we do? We will have to meet with Carlisle later and see what he thinks. In the meantime Bella and everyone is going to be fine, Eva is living with her and Charlie so they are safe with my aunt there. When she isn't with them she is with Edward who can keep her safe also," I say making everyone stop and think that for now, things are fine, which they are. They all nod excepting what I said as true. As we start to head inside to start the day at school, I hold Alice keeping her still as a vision strikes her. Making everyone stop and look at us, after the vision Edward has an annoyed look on his face.

"Why can't I read your mind?" Edward mumbles trying to read the mind of Alice for the vision she had. Though everyone heard him and glares at him, which makes him look down embarrassed. As he promised to stop reading our minds without our permission first, Edythe does that and as his twin sister, she has more self-control it seems.

"You ok?" I ask Alice as I'm holding her steady and ignoring the stupidy that is Edward at times. Alice just nods her head smiling at me reassuringly and then looks at everyone else a little nervous.

"I just saw Victoria, she is coming back to spy on Bella and Matt since they weren't here when she came as we were all in Italy. She will be back tomorrow," Alice says once again making everyone tense up.

"Relax, after school I'll head over to the wolves and tell them what Alice saw that way they can be on the lookout. You guys can tell Carlisle while I see the wolves and I'll let my Aunt know too," I say to them all making them all relax a bit more and nod their heads in agreement with what I said.

Once the school day was over the Cullens headed over to Carlisle and Esme to inform them of Alice's vision. While I called my Aunt and told her what is happening and to keep a lookout for her as I made my way to the Quileute reserve. Arriving at Sam's house on the reserve, I walk over to the door and knock. Opening the door I see Emily, Sam's fiancée, and mate.

"Matt? Oh my god, it really is you! How have you been?!" Emily says opening the door and looking at me confused at first but then recognizing me. I haven't seen her since I came back to the first time Forks and I guess I should have visited at least once before now as I consider Sam a good friend.

"Sam told you came back, but now all of a sudden you visit? Why didn't you come and say hello sooner or were we just not as important to you?" Emily says to me and gives me a fake hurt look.

"Yeah sorry, guess I could've visited more, but after my little scuffle with Jacob things got awkward," I say to her and she gives me an understanding nod.

"I understand, Jacob is just letting the wolf inside him control his emotions. We don't pick our mates, they are just the ones we are meant to be with. I'm happy you found yours and hope you both have a very happy future," Emily says smiling at me and genuinely happy for me.

"Thanks means a lot hearing that from someone who probably grew up hating vampires," I say smiling back at her.

"Well, enough of all that. Come in and have some food, I was just finishing up cooking for Sam and me. But I can always throw more on," Emily says ushering me inside and not taking no for an answer as she makes me sit at the table and serves me food. Smiling at her hospitality I sit and start eating her food, which is just as good as Esme's cooking if not slightly better as Esme doesn't cook often.

"Damn Emily! This is freaking amazing! Sam is one lucky man," I say eating the food she made and she smiles at me happy I am enjoying the food.

"I certainly am," Sam says laughing and entering the house, waving at me in greeting and I wave back to him. Then gives Emily an affectionate hug and kiss. After we all sit and eat the food Emily served us while also catching up with one another. Sam then asks me why I wanted to meet with him and the elders.

"I am the next clan head for the bears and wanted to make a formal alliance with the wolves. Some of my family is coming to visit this summer, so you can meet more then and the current clan head. Though my Aunt is currently living here and maybe might move here permanently, as her mate is my Uncle Charlie," I say to him, which makes him nod to me in understanding.

"I also need to inform you that after you and Jacob left earlier today, Alice had a vision of Victoria, the vampire you all were hunting earlier, coming back to town tomorrow. She wants to spy on Bella and me, the Cullens are informing Carlisle and my Aunt knows also," I say to Sam also before he can say anything about my earlier statement. Emily is looking at us in concern after hearing about the situation.

"Hmmm, ok. I will tell the wolves to watch in pairs and keep an eye out for this woman. Though we should go and meet Billy and the other elders for the other reason you are here," Sam says nodding to me, then motions for me to follow him as we say our goodbyes to Emily and thank her for the food, we then make our way to Billy's house.

Arriving at Billy's house I can see him outside his house smoking his pipe and enjoying nature. Seeing us he waves at us and smiles, but then frowns when Jacob comes outside and glares at us.

"Jacob, if you aren't going to be nice then leave or go back inside," Billy says as we approach and Jacob looks at him annoyed more now.

"Actually I want to talk to Jacob also once I'm done talking with you Billy," I say to him and get a curious look from Billy and Sam, while Jacob is staring at me with a glare.

"Well, what can I do you for you then Matt?" Billy asks me after we all sit on his porch.

"Two things, first I want to make a formal alliance with the wolves as the next clan head of my people, and second Alice had a vision of Vicotria, the vampire the wolves were hunting, coming back to town tomorrow," I say to Billy getting right to the point, though hearing Alice's name Jacob scoffs, but I ignore him as Sam and Billy shoot him a warning glare.

"Well, thanks for the warning about the vampire, Sam, and the wolves can handle that end. As for the other part, I will have to speak with the other elders first and then we will call a formal meeting about the alliance. Though are you the only one who will represent your clan?" Billy says to me while having a thoughtful look and smoking his pipe.

"This summer my grandfather the current clan head will be coming to visit, but currently my Aunt and I are the only members here, so we can wait for a formal meeting when my grandfather comes," I say to him and he nods.

"Then I will bring it up with them at the next meeting, when your grandfather arrives let me know and we can set up a formal meeting with you both," Billy says to me.

"If that is all, then I guess you want to talk with Jacob?" Billy says to me and looks at Jacob who has mixed emotions on his face.

"Yeah only if he is ok with it," I say turning to Jacob who is looking at me in fear, anger, annoyance, and confusion.

"Sure…..follow me," Jacob says and gets up not waiting for a response from me. Then makes his way into the woods jogging off.

"It was nice seeing you again Sam and Billy, have a good rest of your day," I say to them as I jog off after Jacob. They both nod to me and wave me off as I leave.

44