Ch.56
951 5 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

AN: Thanks everyone for the well-wishes yesterday. I appreciate it, though writing helps distract me and keeps me occupied. I started this as a hobby and have grown to love writing fanfictions, glad you all like what I write too. Also, this fight scene might seem small or short, but this fight is not as important as the ones to come.

______________________________________________________________________

(Matt Pov)

With Edward, Ivar, and Astrid protecting Bella in the mountains further away from the main fight, I knew they would be able to handle Victoria and her play toy. We had Sam, Paul, Jared, and Jacob from the Quileute tribe helping us in this fight, since the others wolves that turned are protecting the tribe in case some try to attack there. My grandmother, Eva, and Charlie are staying at Billy's house in the village for the fight, so they are not in any danger. The Cullens, Lucas, and myself are also participating in this fight.

As I can hear and smell them with my even further enhanced godly powers, I let the others know they are coming very soon. With that warning, the wolves hide in the woods nearby to ambush them, while the Cullen stand behind Lucas and me. Lucas and I shift as soon as we see them a few hundred feet away from us in the clearing we are standing in. Turning, Lucas only standing 8' (2.4m) tall roars with me as I turn into my werebear form standing at 15' (4.6m). Seeing our forms the vampires that Victoria sent hesitate, but seeing their numbers are higher than us, they only hesitate for a few seconds. There are about a hundred newborns and I can hear Victoria heading to Bella with a small group too, around eight total.

Charging with Lucas beside me as we are heading straight into the charging newborns with the Cullens just behind us. I slam into the newborns sending a handful flying into the air from the impact, as does Lucas. The Cullens begin to fight as only those they can handle, the wolves then come charging out of the woods and assist the Cullens in the fights they have. Since we told them as bears we are made to tank, especially me, they focus on helping the Cullens. Looking at Lucas I see him literally tearing through the vampires one after another, while they are only giving him minor wounds. For myself, they can't hurt me no matter how hard they try, so I grab them one by one tearing them in half. Using one as a weapon and smashing her around into the other vampires, until she breaks.

With three jumping on my back trying to tear into me and bite me. I ignore them for now, swiping at the vampire near me and tearing through them. One vampire on my back bites my neck which does nothing but piss me off, so returning the favor I grab his head in my mouth as he screams which is cut short by me crushing his head in my mouth. Seeing everyone else slowly being overwhelmed by the numbers, I release a burst of ice from me that doesn't affect my allies but immediately kills the closest to me. The other dozen nearby are heavily slowed down by this and have completely frozen limbs. The ones further out are just slowed down by this burst of icy wind. Taking this opportunity the Cullens and wolves retaliate and quickly take down the heavily affected ones.

"MATT!" I hear Alice scream my name, turning to her I see she is surrounded and the other Cullens are trying to desperately reach her and help her.

Seeing Alice is grappled and about to be killed, my rage bursts from me as I let loose a stream of Ice breath killing half the vampire standing and fighting everyone, in turn, saving Alice. Running next to her she jumps on my back, giving her an ice spear that I made, she is now using it to attack from my shoulders. Using this new fighting style we begin to overwhelm the vampires, especially now that they are trying to flee seeing all their allies being slaughtered. I erect a wall of Ice in the area that keeps them from fleeing as no matter how they try they can't break the wall and if they get too close it caused heavy frostbite to overtake their body.

The wolves working with the Cullens are biting and tearing the vampires that the Cullens were grappling. Limbs and heads are being torn apart. Then I hear a yelp as Jacob is being death gripped by a vampire who brakes his rib. Rushing through the vampires like a tank crushing them beneath me or sending them flying back as I charge through them. Alice stabbed at the vampire trying to attack me from behind with the ice spear I made her. I reach Jacob's side and grab the vampire hurting him, lifting him up, and crushing him with my hands as his body starts breaking. The vampire is screaming as I crush him, Sam rushes over helping protect Jacob as he struggles to stand. Dropping the now crushed vampire, I walk over to a tree that is about 50' (15m) tall and rip it out of the ground. Using this tree like a club I begin to swing it through the vampires, crushing all those who are hit by it.

The rest of the battle was an easy cleanup as they are now just fighting desperately and no longer even in the slightest cohesion that they had before. After killing the last few, other than a small girl who appears to be just a teenager. Seems she hid when the fighting first broke out, a smaller girl the same size as Alice having long dark brown hair, and a small petite body. Seeing us all approach becomes extremely scared, everyone except the Cullens and me was wounded. Lucas has only a few scratches and bites the venom doesn't affect us as our blood is immune to it, though the venom does cause discomfort. The wolves had more cuts than Lucas, but no bites and only Jacob had a broken rib. Since one of the vampires hit him hard enough in the side to break it.

"What are we going to do with her?" Lucas says rolling his shoulders after we both shifted back. Hearing us the girls gets more scared.

"She doesn't seem like the others like she was forced to fight," Esme says and I can see now she has taken a liking to the girl and I remember now in the movies this was the newborn vampire that the Cullens wanted to take in.

As we were discussing what to do with her, the ones in the mountains came down and met us here. Luckily no one seemed to be injured and Bella didn't have to cut herself to save Edward it seems. Seeing a vampire still alive the one from the mountain look at her in confusion. Astrid seeing Jacob was hurt runs to his side and questions him, and he seems happy she is concerned for him.

"I assume you took care of Victoria and the one she brought to the mountain?" I say to them as Esme and Carlisle start to ask the young vampire about her.

"Yeah burning with the others," Ivar says while Edward and Edythe are reading the mind of the young vampire.

"Bella, you good?" I ask her concerned for her well-being.

"Yeah, just a little shaken up," Bella says having seen the battle in the mountains and now the aftermath of our battle down here. There are frozen trees, bodies of vampires, torn limbs, and heads. Blood littered the ground from the wolves and Lucas who were injured. The wolves other than Sam and Jacob were putting all the bodies and things in a pile before lighting them on fire.

"She was found by Vicotria's fake mate who she tricked. Her name is Bree Tanner and….she had a rough early life," Edythe says to us about the young vampire to who Esme and Carlisle have taken a liking.

"She was forced to fight, and she seems different than the savages who we fought today. We are going to take her in as one of us, she will be the new addition to our coven," Carlisle says as Esme is slowly patting Bree on the back in a motherly hug and the young vampire breaks down in her arms crying.

"Welcome to the–" Alice is about to welcome Bree to the family, but before she can finish we all see the three new vampires entering the area. The wolves have just started the fire too of all the vampires we killed today.

The Cullens recognize them and so do I, they are the trio the Volturi send out for enforcing their laws. They are Jane, Alec, and Felix who is the leader of the three. The wolves get on edge ready for another fight, just as my clan members do too.

"Seems you all were quite busy, and we missed the fun. What exactly happened here?" Felix asks us as the three approached us.

"Victoria made a newborn army to try and kill us all with, as revenge for killing her mate a year ago," Carlisle says seeing the three approach.

"I see, then that is good you killed these idiots for breaking our laws. Though who are these people?" Felix says and turns to the wolves and my family, making them more tense and ready for a fight. Jane and her brother Alec seem to want this to happen.

"Our friends, Sam and his pack of shifters. While Alice's mate Matt and his family of shifters," Carlisle says introducing us to the Volturi who are now eyeing them with suspicion.

"You are saying you made allies with nonvampires? I'm not sure how Aro and the others are going to take this news," Felix says giving Carlisle a disapproving and judgmental look.

"Tell Aro and the others that if they have a problem with it, me and my clan are more than happy to 'discuss' things further," I say in a threatening voice and the wolves and my family all nod their heads approving of my statement. Though that pisses Jane and Alec off, while Carlisle is giving me a surprised look. Jane then focuses on me, trying to use her power it seems.

'Stupid bitch, I will break you soon,' I think to myself as she has a surprised look on her face since her power isn't working. Seeing Jane's power isn't working and they are heavily outnumbered, Felix gives me a hard look while also putting his hand up, stopping Jane and Alec from further acting.

"We will make sure to relay your words to our leaders. You can be sure they will respond to this…..statement," Felix says giving me a deadly stare and I just smirk at him, pissing them all off further. As I need a war to break out between us and the Volturi and Alice nods her head approving of what I'm saying too. Alice who also knows my main plans. Then the three leave quickly, before something else can happen, which would ends in their death.

"Matt, I thought you were smarter than that! Now we might have to fight the Volturi!" Carlisle says annoyed with what just happened.

"Maybe, but only if they put their pride before their brains. Push comes to shove, my clan and the wolves can help fight them," I say knowing that the Volturi do put their pride ahead of their wellbeing, except Aro who might second guess it. Though only if he feels he will lose, they should still show, maybe with more members than in the movies though.

"I will need to contact my friends in the world and see who would stand with us if a fight breaks out," Carlisle says with a sigh, as I smile to myself. This is the beginning of my plans and now they are starting to take fruit.

"Either way, good job everyone. Though Farfar, you may want to return to our clan soon and prepare them for war. Also, see who wants to come down for a wedding I'm sure Eva will have soon," I say to everyone and turn to Ivar who sighs and nods his head agreeing with me.

Everyone then heads home, Bree goes with Carlisle and Esme who are taking her to their house. Ivar heads to the village with the wolves to get our family, and Astrid goes with Jacob to the village to help him since he is still hurt. Edward takes Bella to her house. As everyone is leaving, I am now thinking about how to propose to Alice officially since I want to marry her before the big fight with Volturi. If they are going to fight us gives us one year at the least, since they are going to want to gather their allies.

48