Ch.73
528 5 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Matt Pov)

As the sun rose we all made our way to where the Volturi would show themselves in order to fight us. Once there Thor, my clan members, and I made an extensive area surrounding the plains we would fight to make a dome once all the Volturi arrived. Trapping them with us, so none could escape, as well as trapping us inside, though once the fight was over we could easily take the runed dome down. Since I was a god I could easily escape the dome if necessary, but not everyone knew that. After making the dome we all waited another hour before the Volturi arrived right after sundown.

Seeing close to hundred vampires arriving to help destroy us all, they outnumbered us at three to one atleast. Though some of our group got nervous, my clan got very excited, once they all entered the area I slammed my hands on the ground trapping everyone inside the dome. Seeing the ambush they walked into the Volturi got slightly nervous, but still felt fine as they outnumbered us. Once the dome was formed both sides tensed up and stared down the other. I turned into my Ice Bear form standing on my hind legs and roared starting the battle as I charged forward with my clan following right after me once they shifted too. Thor was right next to me as I charged forward, he decided to jump on my back like I was his stead, letting him fight from my back I continued forward.

Seeing us charge the Volturi the wolves rushed to the sides to flank them, as our allied vampires rushed right behind us. The Volturi rushed to meet me and my clan, though the leaders of the Volturi stayed behind with their selected guard to watch the fight thinking they would win easily. Once arriving at the charging Vampires I slammed into the vampire sending half a dozen flying in the air at the impact. Thor jumped off my back into the fray as he couldn't reach anything without showing his powers. I made spikes of Ice grow from my body keeping them from climbing onto me as it would instantly freeze their body on contact. Swiping one vampire after the other I slowly made my way to the Volturi leaders, as I wanted to let my clan enjoy this fight. Knowing at any moment I could kill the Volturi by releasing a wave of Ice that only affected them.

The wolves would rush in grabbing a few vampires and tearing them apart or rushing to help my clan members as they acted as our tanks. Each has vampires jumping on them trying to bring them to their knees. Our allied vampires worked together with the ones they knew personally either dueling enemy vampires one on one or having a group fight. Emmett and Rosalie worked well together as Emmett grabbed vampires with his superior strength holding them still as Rosalie would tear their heads off. Jasper and Edythe would do the same almost, with Jasper's superior fighting capabilities he would play the distraction as Edythe would deliver the killing blow while they were distracted by Jasper.

Carlisle, Esme, and Bree would stick together as Carlisle and Esme would fight side by side killing every approaching vampire. Bree would stay right behind them offering as much assistance as she could by ripping the limbs of the vampires off or being a small distraction. Astrid and her immediate family stuck together tearing vampires apart, with Jacob jumping in once in a while to assist Astrid if a vampire jumped on her back. Seeing that they were slowly losing and me making my way to them slowly not being stopped in the slightest, the Volturi leaders ordered their 'elite' guard to join the fray. The guard went after my clan members immediately, working extremely well together.

"LUCAS!" I hear Vera, who is Astrid and Lucas's mother, shout seeing the elite guard attacking him. They have him on his knees as Jane is using her powers on him and the others are tearing into him. The leaders of the Volturi seeing me distracted charged at me.

With a backhanded swat, I smack the leaders away easily breaking their bodies into a mangled mess as I did not hold back. Like rag dolls, they flew across the battlefield smashing into the dome wall and falling to the ground in a heap of broken limbs. Breathing out a torrent of ice breath towards Lucas and the elite guard, killing a dozen other vampires on the way there. Jane was able to dodge the breath in time the other two elite guards were killed immediately as Astrid, Vera, Hugo, and Jacob rushed to Lucas's side. Releasing a torrent of Ice from my body that passed through our allies not affecting them, but flash-freezing all our enemies including the ones trying to escape seeing they are losing now. Rushing over to Lucas, so does my other clan members, while everyone else breaks the frozen vampires.

"Lucas! Wake up! My baby boy!" Vera says she has shifted back holding Lucas who also shifted back after being injured severely. Seeing him they were able to rip his left arm off and cut deeply into his chest. I no longer hear his heartbeat.

Being a primordial god of death I see Lucas's spirit standing next to his family. Then two doors appear before him, as to does Hel. No one can see this other than myself and Thor. Hel sees Thor and me, and seeing me she bows her head to me in respect.

"Lucas Strömberg, you have fought valiantly like your ancestors in the past. Dying in battle, you have two options now. First going to Vahalla with the other warriors of the past or Jotunheim to where your cousin reigns King," Hel says to Lucas gesturing to the two doors. One with a warm golden light and the other with a cold blue light.

"I…..I'm dead? I have so many questions, you said my cousin is a King?! Who?" Lucas says as all our family is saddened by his death, with his Mother and sister crying.

"Yes, brave warrior you have died. Your cousin Matt or Hvítrnár as he is called amongst us gods," Hel then motions to me who is standing nearby having shifted back to my human form. I feel nothing but deep regret and sorrow for not saving Lucas in time, I should have taken this battle more seriously.

"Matt that's you?! You're a god?! Can you bring me back to life?!" Lucas says seeing me in my true form, as spirits can see past the veil that hides us from mortals. Now more regret surfaced inside me.

"No I can not, the law of the multiverse is we can not bring back the dead to life without a very good significate reason," I say to Lucas with my spiritual form so no one can hear me other than Lucas, Thor, and Hel.

"He speaks the truth young warrior, you must now choose which door you wish to enter and spend eternity in. There all your questions will be answered," Hel says as time is growing short for his spirit to continue to remain before being dispersed by the law of the multiverse itself. Gods can empower a spirit to remain in the mortal realms, or the spirit can remain by haunting a mortal and draining their spirit.

"One last question, do most of my family reside in Vahalla? Why enter Matt's realm?" Lucas asks Hel, who gives me a side eye and I nod to her.

"Yes your clan members who could enter Vahalla in the past remain there, but after your cousin ascended you all can join him in his realm. Hvítrnár's realm lets you be reborn as an Ice giant and live a new life amongst them. Some of your clan members were told this once he ascended, so some who were in Valhalla have transitioned to Jotunheim. Now choose," Hel explains to him.

"Matt, tell my family I love them and am sorry for leaving so soon. Also, tell Madeleine I'm waiting for her on the other side, but to find happiness here before we meet again," Lucas says as he walks over to the door leading to Jotunheim and looks back to me before walking inside it.

"I will, I also will come to see you soon Lucas," I say to him as he smiles and nods to me entering the door. After he leaves Hel bows her head to me in respect before disappearing too. Returning my attention back to the battlefield I see my clan members smashing the pieces of the frozen vampires that killed Lucas.

"I'm so sorry, it's my fault. I could have saved him faster if I just took this fight more seriously," I say to Vera and Astrid who are crying next to Lucas's body.

"Matt, it's not your fault. We all knew what we were getting into and we all should have treated this fight more seriously," Hugo says to me Lucas's father who has tears coming out of his eyes as he looks at his son's dead body. I don't respond, but still feel guilty having let one of my clan members die and someone who I was very close with.

Wanting to take my anger out I walk over to the mangled bodies of Aro, Marcus, and Caius to torture them to death. Before I can release my anger that way, I get the emergency alert of the ice giants protecting Alice and the others. Sensing this I immediately teleport to their location not caring who sees me do this. Only the Cullens saw me do this though as my clan was busy grieving over Lucas. Appearing next to my ice giants I see one has died fighting spawns of chaos. Creatures that are abominations corrupted by chaos with mangled arms and legs. Bones sticking out of them from all over their bodies, mangled mouths covering their head and arms. With acne filled with acid covering their bodies. These creatures are mindless warriors who fight until they are torn apart and have no sense of self-preservation.

Seeing them I give off a small smile filled with bloodlust, as there were several dozen and my warriors held them off since our battle with the Volturi. Only one of my men died, the others were severely wounded but holding them back. They all were ready to die to protect Alice, as the ice giants all look at me with fanatical devotion. Seeing me they all give another battle cry, regaining a small amount of energy back. I begin to tear the Chaos Spawn apart with my hands, using them as an outlet for my anger at Lucas's death. The acidic blood of these creatures melted through the earth like a hot knife through butter. My people were slightly resistant to it, as it only burned through them slowly. Though it didn't affect me in the slightest.

Once the last Chaos spawn died, I healed my three remaining ice giants as two more died. They gathered our fallen as I teleported them back to Jotunheim, along with the Chaos spawn bodies to be researched by my people. I then teleported back to the battlefield to torture the three idiots I left behind. Walking from behind a tree, I see my clan holding the three leaders from the others. Some people wanted to give them a quick death, others didn't care and the two ancient vampires wanted to see them suffer like me and my clan.

"They will die, but they will die slowly and painfully. I don't care what any of you say, we will exact our revenge. I will perform the blood eagle on them," I say walking over to everyone and hearing me many had surprised and disgusted faces. Though my clan had an approving look along with the two ancient vampires.

______________________________________________________________________

AN: I'm back! My school is over for at least a couple of weeks until the next semester starts. I will be returning to my one chapter a day release again starting today, obviously. For those that celebrate the holidays this month, I wish you all happy holidays.

22