Ch.79
462 6 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Matt Pov)

Arriving at Zööba, the local restaurant famous for its authentic Egyptian food, we all sat in a private area of the restaurant and placed our orders. It would seem that the owners know that our company are vampires as they brought out blood in wine glasses for them. We spent the rest of the night wandering the city with the Egyptian Coven, as they showed us all they could of the city. It was a very beautiful journey through the city and seeing all we could. Once the night started to end we returned to their home, but bid them farewell as we headed south of the city in the desert to meet the Egyptian Patheon. After leaving their home and finding a place away from prying eyes, Alice and I teleported to the middle of the desert where we then could speak to one of the gods.

"Ra, we know you can sense us in our area of power. We simply wish to speak with you and see if you are interested in an alliance," I say out loud knowing the Egyptian gods have been watching us since we arrived. Shortly after I spoke a portal opened, which leads to where the Egyptian gods resided.

Entering the portal, it is like we teleported back in time to Ancient Egypt, with all the old style buildings below us as we stood on the front steps leading to the palace. Walking up the steps we enter a throne room with Ra sitting on a throne and the other major Egyptian gods standing below his throne all looking at us. Some are looking at us in curiosity, others are indifferent and we can sense mild nervousness from them all.

"Hvítrnár and Sýnmyrkr, what brings you both here? Just an alliance? Why seek one with us?" Ra speaks from his hawk head which is slightly disturbing to look at.

"Yes, we are seeking an alliance with your pantheon as we have formed alliances with others. There is a war coming very soon with Chaos itself and it will be in everyone's interest to fight together to have a chance of winning. Also, we have built a city for all the supernatural and nonhuman creatures of the world to reside. Where they can pray to us and thrive without human interference," I say to them and can see the curiosity spike from them all, with a hint of worry at the war with Chaos.

"I have had visions of a great war, but they did not tell me much as visions are never complete. Though maybe for a primordial they are," Ra says as he thinks and looks at Alice.

"Though if what you say is true, we would join you in your fight. Though who has joined your cause already? As for the city, there are little to no left of our children in this world, how can you be certain they will thrive in your city?" Ra states quickly after looking at Alice with a piercing gaze from his hawk eyes.

"We have the Asgardians with us, the Greeks and the Mayans too. They each have built a section of the city for their people and the city is already close to reaching a million inhabitants. With your assistance, you can help your children thrive there. This city is meant for us gods to have our followers there and for the humans to not interfere with them," I say to them and I can see some are interested in this idea of the city. Though hearing who we have as allies has angered some.

"The greeks, can not be fully trusted. Though as you said a war with Chaos we need to put aside our differences....We would be honored to form an alliance with you, as for the city we will build our section but the opposite of the greeks," Ra says and gestures for some of the other gods to go to the city in Greenland.

"That is fine, whatever history you have with the Greeks, is something you both need to deal with. Though I will get involved if it interferes with our chances of victory against Chaos," I say with seriousness in my voice.

"Understood, we will not start anything. I can not speak for the greeks though," Ra says with disdain for them.

Leaving the Egyptian Pantheon and returning to the mortal realm, I see a few missed calls from my Grandfather.

"Sorry we were in a terrible place for cell service, everything ok?" I ask Ivar after calling him back.

"That's fine and everything is ok. Though not all the clan is going to the new city you have been building. Only the younger generations are going, your grandmother and I are staying here too with the other oldies. We do not want to abandon the home we grew up in, though everyone else is heading over now. You are the new clan head of them now, the rest of us old folks are going to remain here," Ivar says to me with some sadness in his voice.

"I can understand that, though you all are more than welcome to come anytime. We will visit too as often as we can," I say back to him.

"That is good, thanks for understanding Matt. Enjoy the rest of your guys' trip and see you all again soon hopefully," Ivar says before hanging up.

"My clan is heading to the city now, we may have to return to them soon and help them integrate into the city. We also need to talk with the Chinese and Japanese pantheons too," I say with a sigh and rub my forehead at all the things I need to do.

"Relax, I know we have a lot to do, but I am sure everyone else can help your clan settle in while we go talk with the other Pantheons," Alice teleports us to Jotunheim to speak with the others about helping.

Arriving in the arena of our home world we can see Jasper and Emmett fighting each other and testing their limits. While Edythe is messing around with her magic powers and Rosalie is talking with Sarnald about the city. At our arrival, they all stop and turn to us.

"You guys are back, any good news?" Rosalie asks us.

"Yes Egyptian Pantheon has joined our cause, I still need to speak with the Chinese and Japanese pantheons though. We need some help though, can some of you guys help my clan settle in at the city as they are arriving shortly? We also need someone to head back to Forks and try to convince everyone else to join us there. Jacob should already be trying to convince his tribe to head to the city as he is a champion of the Mayans," I say to them and they all have thoughtful looks.

"Emmett and I can head to the city to help your clan settle in," Rosalie says and Emmett nods giving us a thumbs up.

"Then Jasper and I can try to convince everyone else to go to the city," Edythe says and Jasper nods his head agreeing with her.

"I really appreciate that guys," I say to them truly thankful for their help.

"Matt, your family and now our 'King', so of course, we will help," Emmett says with a finger quote at the King part showing his sarcasm for it.

"Do you need anything from me or our people my King?" Sarnald says looking at me with extreme loyalty as usual.

"Not yet, just keep making sure everyone is ready as they can be for the fight coming our way very soon," I say to her and she bows her head while looking at me seriously.

"Oh right! Emmett and Rosalie the Egyptians don't get along with the Greeks apparently. So try to mediate them too if you can, but if things start to get out of hand call for Alice and me," I say to them before Edythe sends everyone on their way. They both nod their heads before Edythe then teleports them to the city. Then Edythe teleports her and Jasper back to Forks.

"Hvítrnár and Sýnmyrkr, can I speak with you?" Alice and I hear a voice like one of gravel and animalistic.

We can instinctually recognize it as Anubis, one of the few Primordial gods that stand on our level of power. Alice and I teleport to our throne room as we turn to our true forms and sit on our thrones, before opening a portal for Anubis to step through. Stepping through the portal we can see a tall man around 20' (6.1m) with a head of a dog.

"Nice to meet you both finally, it is extremely rare for a god to ascend to Primordial levels, let alone to my level. Then you two come along and ascend to my level right away. You both have gotten many eyes on you, especially from the other Primordials of our level. Even more so now that you have started to form alliances with several Pantheons," Anubis says while looking at us with indifference, but a hint of curiosity in his eyes. Feeling his power he is just slightly weaker than me, at the level of Alice, and with the two of us together could easily banish him from our realm.

"Yes, well that is just how fate works," I say and can see what seems to be a smirk form on his face, though hard to tell as he has a head of a dog.

"Yes, I guess you are right," Anubis says back.

"Why are you here Anubis?" Alice says with a commanding voice, one that I rarely hear from her, and can see she does not like Anubis whatsoever for some reason.

"Just to talk," Anubis says with a smirk again turning his attention to her and I can see Alice is getting more annoyed at his presence.

"Speak or we force you to leave," Alice says releasing her power slightly and Anubis chuckles nodding in response to her threat. Making Alice narrow her eyes more at him.

"You are no fun and hear I have heard the opposite about you, Oh well. I am here because you have contacted my Pantheon about making an Alliance with you, but you never came to meet me if I was ok with this Alliance," Anubis says to us.

"Two things, first you are no longer a part of that pantheon as they gathered together to banish you from their realms, replacing you with Osiris. Second, why should we care what you think as your opinion means nothing?" Alice says with venom in her voice making me very curious why she has this hate for Anubis. Hearing her I can see Anubis is pissed at what she says.

"Those fools have only locked me out temporarily! And you should care what I have to say, you both only recently joined us at the top! You may have each other, but there are some of us who have become allies over the time we have existed. My word means more to others compared to yours! So you don't want to fight two wars do you?" Anubis threatens while releasing his power and now this pisses me off too, but he does speak the truth and I can see Alice gritting her teeth at his statement. Feeling his bloodlust several of our royal guards rush into the throne room and point their weapons at Anubis ready to die for us if necessary.

"What exactly is it you want then?" I ask him before Alice can possibly start a war we are not yet ready for. I can see his eyes snap back to me.

"Not much, I just want you to help me regain what is rightfully mine in the Egyptian Pantheon. Yes, I know you made an alliance with them, but once I take over they will fall under my heel and your alliance will remain with us," Anubis says and I can see the hate filled glare from Alice still on him.

17