Ch.85
322 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Matt Pov)

Vasuki flew back to the main battle between our soldiers and Chaos minions, to help reduce the strain on our soldiers. Before Eris made another move, the Egyptian gods rushed over to us.

"Hvítrnár go and consume Anubis's soul, we have weakened him enough for that. We are going to need you to gather more power. We will hold her as long as we can," Ra says to me as the other Egyptian gods rush Eris, who treats them as flies and laughs at their effort. Looking over I can see Anubis on the ground, dying slowly.

Gods/goddesses do not die forever, just disappear to their realm to reform eventually. Though you can permanently destroy a god by destroying their soul. The first way is to be stronger than them and force the soul to dissipate or to consume their soul, which has its own risks. If the god is stronger than your soul it can overtake your soul instead, or you not fully consume the soul, leaving the other god as a split personality. If you are much stronger than the god, consuming their soul has no impact on your strength, only gods of similar strength or more can increase your powers, plus you need to have the same realms of power to consider consuming their soul.

"Matt, go and I will ensure they do not die," Alice says to me seeing me hesitate, though they speak the truth. I teleport to Anubis who is slowly dissipating to reassemble back in his realm.

"Here to finish the job?" Anubis says to me in a broken voice. Not bothering to answer him, I tear his soul from his body and force my will on it to consume his power.

I can feel his will trying to overpower mine, but I am more powerful than him. Plus I have much more to lose, so I force all my will on him. After what feels like hours of wrestling with his soul, I eventually tear it apart and consume each piece. I was once equal in power of both my realms of winter and death, but now consuming his soul I can feel my connection to death increase. Now my powers lean more towards death, like a 60/40. I notice now, it has only been a few seconds and I am slowly getting stronger to Eris's level of power. Like a step away from reaching her level, still not enough to beat her alone.

"Brother, eat the greek one now too!" Thor says to me as he and Odin seemed to have beaten Loki. Though Odin has lost an arm and Thor looks like he is bleeding none stop. Loki is gone mostly likely reforming in his realm, or the realm of chaos. The greeks hearing Thor, look at me and nod their heads as they rush to help fight Eris along with Odin and Thor.

I teleport to Tartaros, who is wounded but not that hurt. Though now I outclass him easily, I grab his face and punch him in the gut with all my strength. That leaves a fist sized hole in his stomach, as he is the same size as me. He grunts in pain, grabbing my arm that is inside his stomach to stop me from leaving. Though I just smile and breathe out a torrent of icy breath in his face, as he screams in pain as the frost of absolute zero slowly freezes his head. With my hand still inside his stomach, he tries to punch me away though I ignore his blows and use my realm over death to force his soul out of his body.

He falls to his knees as his soul leaves his body and is in my hand, not wasting another second, I start to consume his soul now too. After successfully consuming his soul, I can now feel an even greater connection to my realm of death and I have overtaken his realm as another sub-realm of mine. My connection to death has almost combined with my connection to winter, now 80/20. Now I feel like a single step away from the level of Eris, who now notices my extreme increase in power. The Jade Emperor sees how we can win this if I can consume Mara and even Lucifer steps away from Mara and intercepts Eris helping keep her away from me.

"I will consume you all! Move from me you fools! We can not allow another being to divide existence!" Eris says swatting away the gods like flies, and attacking the Jade Emperor relentlessly trying to reach me. Though Alice is able to assist the Jade Emperor enough to suppress Eris along with the other gods.

Seeing them all struggle I rush Mara, who now understands the situation and tries to leave my realm before I can consume it. Though now that I am almost the level of Eris, it can not force itself from my realm so easily. I am able to reach it and grab the back of its head lifting it up and bringing it down on my knee. Breaking it in half in one swoop, I grab its soul and this time consume it even as I move to intercept Lucifer. With my power increasing even further making my connection to death a 90/10. Thankfully the Mayan and Japanese gods are heading to fight Eris as the defeated Apophis, though I have no connection to consuming that god, I let it dissipate.

I see Sun Wukong and Xuanwu leading some other Chinese gods against Lucifer, who is laughing like a madman as he is overpowering them slowly. Though upon sensing my presence, they all stop and see how much stronger I have become.

"Shit, that is not good," Lucifer says as I grab his body since he is much smaller than me in one hand.

"Can we maybe talk about this?" Lucifer says as he is struggling out of my grip, without success. Without answering him, I crush him in my grip as he screams in pain. Catching his soul I begin to consume it.

"FUCK! Don't let him consume that! We will all die you fools!" Eris says for once I can feel the fear from her and everyone becomes confused at her sudden change in personality. Though continues to keep her from reaching me.

After consuming Lucifer's soul and his realm became a sub realm of mine, much like Hades and Tartaros' realms. I can feel my connection to death completely overtakes my connection to winter, leaving only a tiny sliver of a connection to it. As I can never lose my connection to winter, but now have a much stronger connection to death, 99/01. I also feel a pull, to a new realm one that has remained hidden for a very long time. Unclaimed since before existence itself, the realm of absolute death, the end of everything, where nothing can exist, except nothing itself.

I can now understand Eris's fear, as I have ascended once again to become the concept of absolute death. I am no longer a Primordial god, but now like Eris a living concept, though my power is now hundreds of times stronger than Eris or anything else. Because what can stand before the true end? The answer, nothing. With darkness ascending all around me, my form changes again. My now true form is one showing my connection to my true realm, the one that has been waiting for me to claim it. My form is shapeless, always shifting around me in the darkness where nothing can escape. The only thing is my torso and head are still there, but extremely pale that you can see through the skin and the only thing that shows is a still black heart.

From the knowledge that is now in my head, from information that no one knows, or could even begin to perceive enters my mind. I realize that this was my destiny since the beginning and the will of absolute death, has been pulling the strings from behind the shadows. So that I can reach this level and claim the realm. So that I can bring the absolute end of everything when the time comes, though the time of the end is for me to decide as I have now become it and it has become me. I give off an eerie laugh that sounds like a raspy voice of a mummy, my presence alone makes everyone stop what they are doing and look toward me. Even the chaos minions become frozen in terror at my presence. Though I can feel some pain at seeing Alice look at me with fear in her eyes, which she is trying to not show.

"Fuck all I wanted was to have fun and mess around, sure people would die but who cares! Now you have given the one thing that will lead to the death of everything the body has been searching for since the first thing came into existence!" Eris says with an annoyed sigh. She then tries to force herself from this world, which is still mine, but my true realm is now inside the black hole that is slowly consuming all the multiverses.

"You will not leave yet Eris," I say teleporting in front of her, and an extremely pale hand forms from my torso as I grab her neck. Though my voice seems to send shivers down everyone's back as it is like a raspy dried sounding one. Everyone also seems to remain frozen because of my presence, though Eris was able to move just a little bit.

"First watch me end all that you have created," I say as I turn her to see all her minions become consumed by the darkness that extends all around me and passes through my allies harmlessly. When her minions get hit by it, they slowly decay to nothing as I consume them.

"Who gives a shit I can make more!" Eris says with a mad laugh, but I can still feel her natural fear of me.

"All things must come to an end Eris, Queen of Chaos. Even chaos comes to an end, as chaos was birthed from creation and law," I say with a laugh making her give me a defiant crazed smile.

"So kill me, I will just bid my time to strike later again!" Eris says with the same defiant crazed smile.

"No I have other plans," I say and teleport us both to her realm of chaos after consuming all her minions. I can easily tear my way into her realm, as I stand alone at the very top of all things now.

"Fool this is my realm!" Eris says with a mad laugh as she starts forming all her power around her to fight me.

"True, though that means nothing in front of the true end," I say with a chuckle as I release my darkness to consume everything around me, I can see her crazed smile turn to dread now.

"NO! This should not be happening! You can not consume me! There must be chaos if there is law! That is the balance!" Eris says as her fear is taking over her now, as her realm is slowly consumed by me.

"Balance? What balance? I am true balance since nothing is true balance," I say as I tilt my head slightly smiling at her, which makes her stumble back from me in fear.

"You really plan to bring the true end now?" Eris says to me as she falls to her knees as her realm is almost completely consumed by me.

______________________________________________________________________

AN: Another cliffhanger because I can make one if I want! Also curious about what you all think the powers of the MC are going to be in the MHA fanfic I'm writing. I won't spoil anything, just curious what all your thoughts are on that.

13