Chapter 2 – Waking Up in a New body
455 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Argg..” I groaned and rubbed my eyes. Loud cries of children made me flinch. A weak feminine voice consoled them. I open my eyes to dim lighting. Lying down, facing a damp ceiling, I painfully sat up against a brick wall and scanned my surroundings.

In front of me, three women consoled three children who brawled their lungs out. To my left, an elderly lady and three young sobbing children curled up against another wall. A small window high above them cast down a beam of light. To my right stood a third wall and fourth wall was made of iron bars. We were in a cell. A guard stood at each corner of the cell's entrance while three others were seen marching past the cell.

Oww. My head throbbed and without warning, my head was filled with scenes and images of a young girl’s life. It seemed to be the memories of this original body but it seemed as though I was watching a movie. I murmured to myself:

‘It seems this is the same as what that voice’s story. Could that voice be the spirit of this body? The memory didn’t tell me she has a name or not, but judging from her parent’s treatment, I doubt they would even be willing to name her.’

I started to pity her as I learnt more about her.

I combed through the memory to see what happened after being sold, but the scene was too painful for anyone to see, much less the victim herself to experience it. After being bought, the slave trader blind folded her and placed her behind a carriage roughly as if she was not human but an object. When they arrived, her blindfold was removed and found herself outside a building built in a forest. She was then passed to some men who were asked to find a cell to put her in.

The men obeyed but the slave trader left, they turned towards the girl with lecherous eyes and started to use her as a plaything and passed her to one man to another. Later, after she was placed into her cell, she was given food that did not look edible. She was then called out by the same men she was entrusted into by the slave trader but when she rejected, they whipped her to death.

I cried for her painful death and prayed that if she has a second life like me, she will live well. Though I knew of the situation now, I did not know how I looked like yet. Hence, I looked around to see if there is any item that could act like a mirror. Sadly there was none in the current situation, but looking at my arms and legs filled with new and old wounds, I could see that the original owner was not treated well and died of abuse.

‘Alas, for a young girl like her to be abused and malnourished for life, it must be god’s pity to take her away to stop her suffering.’ I thought to myself as I recalled what she had told me. I combed through her memories to gain more insight to my new surroundings.

The country the original owner was from was Crystal Kingdom, a big country with emperor and empress ruling the entire kingdom. Kings and Queens are the children of the emperor and empress, who are then assigned to a section of the kingdom to rule to gain more experience once they reached a certain age. The king and queen will have regional minister to manage a part of the section the king or queen was assigned to. It seemed like there are currently only 5 kings and queens in this country.

‘Hmm… their ruling system are complicated, but it seemed like it is common sense that even this girl, who is illiterate, knows about. Judging from this system, this is definitely not Earth.’ I recollected what I had just learnt as I sighed to myself.


Edited By:
Yandere Darkling, Shesmu!
New chapter for Transmigrated but I'm a.. : A slave's Life. I'll post more if I have time. I'm also finding/waiting for Cat Haven Chapter 3 to finish editing

Announcement
WRITING DAYS: Tuesday
RELEASE: Not sure. Depends on when it is finished edited

For those who don't know me, my grammar isn't good so I get my chapters edited so I publish late. Hence, Kindly take the poll so that I can see your opinion on the question

Do you want me to release the unedited chapters first and update the edited version later
  • Unedited version release first, Update the chapter when it has been updated Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Only release when the chapter is edited Votes: 13 81.3%
  • Don't need to edit and just release the unedited version Votes: 1 6.3%
Total voters: 16
2