Chapter 3
143 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I dropped down from my Ice slide onto the bridge. I melted the ice, causing it to fall into the water. We fucking promised each other that we wouldn't turn into the rabid idiot that our father was. We even changed our names! I pulled down my hoodie and felt my eyes go cold, turning icy blue. I shot a blast of ice at Cameron's head. It hit it and he turned around with a glare that quickly turned into surprise. "Jackie?! No, what are you doing here?!" He yelled at me in shock. I was taken aback.

"Do you not remember our promise? What do you think I'm doing here, Camie?" I asked him with a glare.

"Hey, don't call me Camie!" He yelled at me

"Then don't call me Jackie, Cam!" He shifted his arm back to normal, losing the spikes and girth. I stomped over to him. "We are supposed to be launching fireworks! What the hell are you doing, Cam?"

"I--I... shit! It was not supposed to be like this!" he yell-whispered to himself. "Were you just going to leave me in the house, Cameron? While you went to prison? You and I are family, man. Let's go back home." I said to him, trying to convince him to come with me, preferably before the superheroes came. If they came, my brother would go to jail.

"Cameron, I don't want you to --" Damn it! The heroes were here. An arrow flew onto Cam's arm and exploded. Luckily, having a cryo-physiology gave us quite a nice durability to damage, so he wasn't hurt. It still was a sign of their presence and what they thought of us.

"Ha! I was wondering what a guy had to do around here to get some attention!" He yelled, a pleased tone thick in his voice. He thickened the ice around his arm using the moisture in the air and then threw it at Green Arrow and Speedy.

I glared at him and raised my hand into the sky, taking control of the ice, shunting it off to the water. "Cam, what the fuck are you doing man!"

"Hey, what did I say about cursing!" He bellowed out, that fatherly glare on his face. It gave me hope that he wasn't the same shit monster our dad was.

"If you are not going to attack innocent people with shards of ice then I am not going to curse! Until then, deal with it!" I yelled at him, deflecting the launched arrows with Water Shields. I couldn't use Ice Shields; breaking arrows might trigger them into attacking us hand to hand. "Cameron, depower!"

When he looked towards me, looking as if he was about to say something back, I growled at him. White fur started to grow out of my face and on my hands. "Depower now if you want any hope of either of us staying out of jail." I growled out, the anger causing me to shift to my more bestial, wolf like form

I raised my hands in the air, with a hopefully disarmed smile. I looked to my left, expecting Cameron to have raised his arms but saw him with an arm raised and another behind his back, in his hand a Shard of ice forming. "Cameron, raise your damn hands!" He dropped the ice and let it hit the ground, raising his hidden hand with a frown on his face.

The two heroes on the bridge's beam zip lined down. "This is new. The villain surrenders. This ever happen, Speedy?" Green Arrow asked his sidekick, a grin to his face.

"Of course, and it is always a trick." The sidekick replied, a glare presenting even through his mask. He kept his bow raised and his strings pulled along with his mentor.

I began talking to them, trying to end the confrontation. "Look, this is all just a big misunderstanding." The Green Arrow sidekick said, glaring at me even harder through his mask, which is very confusing. Was it the laws of this universe that made the action possible or a customized feature of the mask. It would make them seem more human than a static, expressionless piece of cloth.

"A misunderstanding huh? Your partner, Icicle junior here, has been trashing cars and wrecking this bridge. What kind of misunderstanding is there?"

"Hey, he is not my partner, he's my brother and I'm sure he has a very good reason for doing all of this, right?" I said, looking at Cameron. He sighed, looking at the sea that surrounded us. "I was coerced into doing this by a villain, an idiot one but he could still follow through on what he said. He threatened me and said that he would kill my brother if I did not play the role that he wanted me to."

I turned, facing him angrily. "What?! Why didn't you tell me!?"

He looked at me, his arms still raised. "He said that he would kill you if I didn't help him with the job. I did not have a choice in the matter, Jackson. If it comes to keeping you alive or telling you things, I am always going to choose to lie." While I was glaring at him, the hero walked over to us. He stood only a few feet away from us, bow still raised but his string no longer taut.

The sidekick scoffed, his string still pulled, "A mysterious figure on the phone told you to trash a bridge. That isn't ridiculous at all. Once a villain, always a villain." said the douche bag sidekick of Green Arrow. I took a deep breath, trying to control myself. I could not kick his ass while I was trying to make nice. I would kick his ass soon though if he kept saying shit like this. I let my anger out along with the large breath in my lungs. A cold icy mist poured out of my mouth as I did so.

Green Arrow put a hand on his sidekick's shoulder. "Now wait a minute, Speedy. Let's hear the kid out. They might be our lead on why 4 different ice villains attacked in concert today. You were the one that pointed out that little fact to me, weren't you? They might be able to explain." I smiled at my brother in relief. In exchange for the info, we would gain our freedom.

3