Awakening
1.4k 1 85
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alex's body stabilized at 30.7 percent sublimation and he opened his eyes to see small sharp eared men and women fussing over him. his mind was foggy and sluggish like he had just woken up after a long nap so he moved ever so slowly to stretch. this movement startled the small wyverians monitoring him and they all got excited and one of them rushed out of the room to announce alex's awakening. alex yawned exposing his sharp fangs as the haziness over his mind slowly clears up and he looks around at his surroundings.

It seemed to be a large tent that was hastily thrown together as it ground around the supports was uneven and roughly dug. 'if i didn't know any better i could swear it was like this tent was built around me. but that's unlikely since moving large monsters is common practice.' he thought confused. while he was trying to figure out what was going on the flap of the tent opened and the admiral walked. "enjoy your little nap sid?" he asked with a smirk that made alex cautious. he knew that look never meant anything good for him so alex was cautious of a trick.

The admiral saw the cautious look alex was giving him and chuckled. "you've missed quite a lot of nifty things while you were out sid , tempered elders for example." the man said and alex suddenly realized he might have been asleep for a lot longer than he originally assumed. "one and a half months , that's how long you were out. to make it worse no one could move you from the spot you landed after taking down big ugly since your elements went haywire over your scales." the man explained seriously.

"Had to built this tent around you so the eggheads to keep an eye on you since no one knew what was going on. that was until a week ago when one of them figured it out , sublimation they said but as far as anyone could tell you have already gone through that process. eggheads called it a groundbreaking discovery since no one had ever heard of a monster sublimating twice." the admiral said while maintaining eye contact. "you see i don't agree with them sid , my gut tells me this is only your first sublimation but until you confirm that we have to go with the egg heads theory." the admiral said seriously.

Alex shook his head and the admiral grinned "thought so , still , got any clue why the others thought otherwise?" he asked curiously. alex slit the hide on one of his claws and held it up as a small dark red bubble was held suspended from the wound. "something to do with your blood right?" the man asked and alex nodded. the admiral looked thoughtful "blood is the most important part of a creature so having a change in it might seem like a sublimation event if you didn't know otherwise." he muttered out loud.

Alex decided to ignore the admirals mental flexing and elementalized before leaving the tent. there was no trace of the zeno jiiva but after a month and a half that was to be expected. looking around alex could tell that quite a few trips were needed to collect the corpse of the newborn from the tracks on the ground. nearby the wanderer was chatting with the little wyverians who alex saw when he woke up. the man seemed to notice alex and waved him over with a small smile and alex decided to see what he wanted since he had nothing planned.

"I owe you a debt of gratitude for taking that beam of energy for me when zeno jiiva emerged. we were all rather concerned when you fall asleep for so long after the fight , it is good to see you are well." the man said honestly. alex just shrugged his shoulders , an unusual thing to see a huge dragon do but universally understood none the less. alex stretched his wings and made a motion for the wanderer to climb on his back.

_____________________________________________

My p@treon is listed under my pen name : loskro if you are having trouble finding it. patreon.com/user?u=81578854

85