White lie
1.4k 5 81
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are you sure? i have been told how rare it is for you to make such an offer." the wanderer asked cautiously. alex pointed at the admiral who was walking up to the two of them and the wanderer looked confused. "him as well? do you have something to show us?" he asked with a look of interest. alex nodded and the admiral stopped when both alex and the wanderer turned to look at him. "what happened?" he asked not understanding. "it would seem of friend here has something he wishes to show us and wants the both of us to mount his back." the wanderer explained.

"What , you think i'm going to say no to a free ride from this guy? you gotta be joking lets go already." the admiral said with a huge grin before climbing up onto alex's back. the wanderer just shook his head at the admirals crass manner of behavior before also climbing onto alex's back. the two men felt the muscles ripple underneath them as alex flapped his wing and shot into the sky. they could feel the air rushing past them as alex climbed higher and higher into the sky until they were just above the first layer of clouds.

Alex hovered at this height and the two men both looked around in awe at the view that greeted them. "never in all my years have i ever seen such an amazing sight , if nothing else seeing this alone was worth it all." the wanderer said honestly and the admiral nodded in agreement. alex made a show of reaching into the clouds below them and creating a copy of the water orb and channeling his energy knowing the two could feel it. when he removed his claw which was hold another water orb much to the shock of the two men.

Reaching behind him alex handed this orb to the wanderer who merely held it with an awestruck expression. after that alex repeated this performance except this time he made a light orb for the admiral. "always wondered where you got those things but i never realized you literally plucked them from the sky." the admiral said while looking at his light orb lovingly. alex didn't give away the fact that this whole process was totally unnecessary and let the two men enjoy their new toys.

Why did alex do this you may be asking , the answer is preparing for the future. alex was planning on slowly accumulating more and more elemental orbs so that when he finally creates his flying island he could flood the thing with bioenergy. he had gotten this idea as inspiration after the initial burst in elemental power from the zeno jiiva's bioenergy beam. if bioenergy could be converted to elemental power why can't the opposite be true? alex knew from the original orbs that all the elements fused created a omni elemental metal but what if that was because that was the wrong way to fuse them?

Running with this idea alex wanted to test this by collecting some bioenergy crystals and replacing the growing black metal with them to see if it would make the bioenergy crystal grow larger. if this succeeded alex would have a way to transform any area of his choosing into a paradise for monsters without spending a ridiculous amount of points on an item that does the same. alex could already imagine that such an item would cost far more than even the flying island. this performance made it so no one starts trying to figure out where the orbs came from later.

Sure alex knew he was deceiving the two on his back doing this but he needed their influence to make the other people think it was possible to get the orbs without him. if they went around telling everyone how to get these orbs or even just explaining where they came from when people start noticing alex stockpiling them alex's goal was met. it was a harmless lie for the sake of alex's future so he was sure the two of them wouldn't mind much if they ever found out.

_____________________________________________

My p@treon is listed under my pen name : loskro if you are having trouble finding it. patreon.com/user?u=81578854

81