Squinting eyes causes tears to drop
3.4k 10 121
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arthur looked at the timer in the middle of a blue half-transparent screen only visible to him.

[00:21:28]

And then gazed upon the two supers brawling each other. A big Tesseract-powered assault rifle supported by his shoulder aimed toward the Red one.

Arthur had initially thought to interact with as many characters from the main cast as possible in his short amount of time in this world, hoping to cause a butterfly effect.

He knew he didn't have the ability to unleash chaos with his strength, he was just a cripple for god's sake. So, the only rational option was to hope that a butterfly effect does happen as he rolled around in his pathetic wheelchair.

He also planned to prevent Captain America's cryosleep, which he thought to be quite challenging as it appeared to be some kind of 'Absolute Point' of Marvel universe.

'If I have to cause some chaos, to tell the world that I was here. Then I'll have to do something insane...'

'Shit! This is the first and worst turbulence I've faced in my life!' He groaned as the ship trembled.

If not for his moded wheelchair, he wouldn't be able to stay this firm in his place, nor could've climbed on the ship following Red Skull.

The aircraft was dangling in the air on its own, Schmidt was too busy fending off Steve.

The Red Skull somehow created some distance and then crawled to the control panel and switched on the autopilot mode and then... he broke it.

That was it... this was the moment Arthur was waiting for!

"I've seen the future Captain there are no flags!" The Red skull spoke shooting blue plasma beams from his revolver, which Captain's shield dutifully blocked.

"Not my future!" Captain retorted as he rolled on the ground, looking for an opportunity to close the gap.

*ZOOOOOM*

----

"Huh?" Captain was dumbstruck!

It was too anti-climatic for him.

Someone out of nowhere just killed his- no world's greatest enemy, with his own weapon...!

He quickly turned around but found no one-

'Huh?'

A skinny boy, sitting in a wheelchair was descending from the ceiling as two thin cables supported his wheelchair.

'So, skinny... skinnier than what I used to be... Still, how'd he get here?' Captain raised his brows.

"Hey, Cap!" The black-haired and blue-eyed guy greeted Captain as he proceeded towards the cockpit.

Captain came out of his reverie and rushed to help Arthur towards the cockpit. Captain couldn't sense any malice from him. This guy seemed to be on his side.

"So, um, who are you again?" Captain asked as he looked at the panels, standing beside the scrawny boy. Then the severity of the situation suddenly dawned on him.

The ship was on autopilot and the switch was smashed, the damn thing was too fast and would soon reach America's most populated cities... to drop something sinister.

He had to act fast and the only option that popped into his mind was...

to forcefully steer the ship and crash it under the waters it was currently floating above.

"Fuck!" Arthur yelled.

"Language, young man!" And Captain America had the gal to chastize a growing young boy even during such a dire situation.

The youth glared at Captain, with glistening eyes, "You do understand all this, don't you, Cap!"

Captain nodded slightly... He exhaled as a determined look appeared on his face, he took out a compass from his pocket. "Kid, don't worry, grab a chute or something, jump out of the ship, a— "

The boy yelled, "And let you sacrifice yourself as you drown this ship along with yourself!" He huffed.

He then gritted his teeth, looked down for a moment, then with eyes filled to the brim with courage, he spoke, "Don't waste it, Cap, don't waste your life." He paused.

"When the war ends... the world will be too traumatized, weapons will rule the world, the greed of people in power will try to devour the whole humanity, yeah, I'm referring to OUR country."

"At times like those, we'll need a pillar. Someone on whom any human could put their hope. Someone who could say with a bright smile, that he's there for them. They won't be needing a soldier, Captain, they will need a HERO, a good man! And there is only one man in this whole world who can shoulder that burden, Cap... and that's you!"

He put his finger on Steve's chest.

Captain America looked at the boy, somehow this boy's image overlapped with Erskine's.

"Let ME do this Cap-"

"... No kid, you are wrong your life has just as much worth as mine... and you are too young to make sacrifices."

"I'm not saying that your life is more precious than mine, I know each life is meant to do something, something great. I... I want to do something for this world... I want THIS. Let ME do SOMETHING for this world... I don't have much longer to live, either way, this sickness is eating me from the inside. And if I have to die anyway, then it rather be for the greater good..." His words trailed off, he squinted his eyes, and a drop of tear rolled down his cheeks.

"Kid..." Captain's words won't come out, this boy, is so young and yet so 'good'...

Captain contemplated for a moment before reluctantly nodding his head.

He will remember this young man's sacrifice for his sake, all his life!

"Now, go! We don't have time!" The boy said, pushing Captain away.

Captain bit his lips and prepared to jog outside the plane.

"By the way... my name is Erskine, Arthur Erskine."

Arthur's voice reached Captain's ears, his eyes widened in surprise then a look of realization dawned on him.

Now he understood, how this boy got here, he must've been stuck in Hydra the whole time. While his father escaped to another nation, Hydra must've captured him somehow. So, much suffering he must've gone through...

Captain had a sudden urge to go back and take that kid with him, but his words rang inside his head.

'So, he's his son, huh... He's just like him.' Captain America smiled as a tear rolled down his cheeks, guilt tearing his whole chest. He gritted his teeth as he grabbed a parachute and jumped off the ship.

'He wanted it, then I shall honor it!'

Thanks for reading!

 

121