Doc. Marikawa
1.4k 3 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A black chopper roared as it flew toward the north. The huge expanse of the sea below the flying vessel was calm, only the gentle waves told that the sea was still alive. The sun had yet to rise above the horizon but the slightly glowing yet dark clouds seemed to announce its accent.

"That's the island we were telling you about," The violet-haired girl pointed her fingers to the piece of a land in the midst of the sea.

"I see~" Shizuka nodded with stars in her eyes.

She was quite excited when they told her that they'll be leaving for this island. She just wished her bestie could be with her. But her bestie was needed somewhere else.

Arthur smiled softly, glancing at her longing face.

The jet-black chopper soon descended on the ground. The trees and grass around the small patch of cleared land between the forest, danced as if a storm had arrived.

The copter's blade gradually slowed down and then Shizuka and Saeko jumped off the chopper. Arthur also came out of it and then went back to the rear cabin, he threw three human-sized packages one after the other on the ground.

Duck tape was wrapped around each package and muffled growls could be heard from the round, head-shaped side of the packages.

These were obviously Undeads.

Since they couldn't be stored in his inventory as they never sleep nor any sort of sleeping gas works on them, he had to bring them this way.

After storing the chopper back in his inventory and taking out a small trolly from it, he threw the packed undeads on that trolly and pulled it along the way to the base he and Saeko had arranged a few days ago.

Reaching that spot, Arthur and Saeko set up a couple more tents around the tent that was already set up. While they were busy for the next few hours as the size of these new tents were quite big, Shizuka was taking a nice peaceful nap in the tent that was already there.

She quite liked the arrangements in that other tent.

After an hour or so, the tents were done and filled with the required setup.

Oh, Arthur had taken the liberty to raid a couple of multispeciality hospitals and a few medical research institutes in Tokonosu city.

Then Arthur told Saeko to wake Shizuka up and tell her to familiarize herself with the facilities before he left off to somewhere in the forest.

.

.

.

Each world or Earth(s) in which Arthur is sent for missions is different, not only in the setting, history, and people but also in its composition.

Arthur's original world was infested with foreign mana.

The Earth in the Marvel universe had countless cosmic and mysterious energies, it even had a seed of celestial.

While this one seemed fairly normal.

But still... could an ordinary person from Marvel's earth sustain in this world? How does the biology of humans differ from each other in these different worlds? But most of all would the atmosphere of this world be breathable for them?

Arthur didn't have the data of Marvel world to compare the parameters of the atmosphere with this world.

But he did have its people...

Arthur wanted people, people that he could rely on without a shred of doubt, without the need to always keep an eye on his back for backstabbers.

Basically, an army of brainwashed soldiers that revere him as their only god.

And he already has it.

Well, they don't revere him at present... but they'll do in the future. In his previous mission, in the Marvel universe, where he had to survive for three hours during the last battle of Captain America- The First Avenger... he was met with some trouble, two Hydra soldiers had spotted him and were going to kill him.

He had to deal with them obviously, and after that, he stored both of those men in his inventory Just like those two, he stored many other Hydra soldiers, either fainted or dead for the guns and ammo they had.

Arthur sighed, reaching a reasonable distance from the base, he took out both of those first Hydra soldiers from his inventory.

Even if these two die of this atmosphere, it wouldn't matter. This pair of soldiers had seen his face before and even though it was before Arthur's transformation, sooner or later they will realize that Arthur and that cripple are the same people.

And he just can't have that. And since these guys are nothing but trouble for him, he won't have any qualms in using them as test subjects.

Arthur removed their helmets and splashed some cold water on their faces, causing them to wake up with a start.

"Huh?"

"Eh?"

They looked around in confusion.

"Where am I?... Emil?? It's you, right?" The man with pale blonde hair and blue eyes asked the other, in german.

The other man, Emil, with auburn colored hair rubbed his leg, the part where that crippled sick had tasered him hurt like hell, "Yeah, ugh! Yea, it's me, Karl! Fuck it hurts! That cripple did us good! I'll kill him for sure, the next time I see him!... Hm?"

Emil tilted his head as he saw a shadow of a person on the ground, he lifted his head quickly and scowled, "Who're you!!" He roared.

Arthur looked around at the surrounding forest as if he was just as confused about this sudden change in surrounding as they were, he spoke without much excitement in his voice, "I'm Arthur, but that's not of importance right now, tell me, do you guys feel trouble breathing...? Or any sort of discomfort..."

"What kind of trouble are referring to?" Emil stood up and patted the dust off his pants, this guy didn't seem to be enemy as he was just as confused as him and spoke German as well .

"Hey, have I seen you before? You seem awfully familiar..." Karl asked, squinting his eyes as he stood up along with Emil.

"Try walking, do you feel any change in gravity?" Arthur spoke, ignoring his question.

"What the hell are you takin' bout?" Karl twisted his brows in confusion as he walked forward, forgetting about the question himself. "It feels... normal, I guess Urgh!" He limped, "Fuck that cripple!"

Arthur nodded, it has been about five minutes and they didn't have couldn't sense any drastic change so it was fine, Arthur guessed.

With a swift motion he chopped both Hydra soldier unconscious and stored them back in his inventory.

'At least, exposing them to the environment of this world won't kill them...'

More can be researched later... by Shizuka.

Arthur strolled back to the base, there were three Marquee tents.

An olive green tent, comprising of the facilities that Shizuka would be using. A white tent comprised luxurious living facilities, and the last one was a black tent containing the facilities Arthur would be needing for the experiments on the undeads.

In his original world, Arthur studied viruses and other microorganisms in order to find a cure for his deteriorating health and useless legs.

He also studied genetics in order to find the reason for being a mana-less human in the world of awakened people.

In pursuit of power and inspired by genetically mutated heroes such as spider-man, he even studied the anatomy of all the different kinds of monsters to create something like that radio-active spider...

Alas! None bore desired results. But at least it wasn't like all that study went to waste, with that knowledge he created various destructive weapons even a rare few biological weapons. Anyway, with the help of his otherworldly knowledge and his tireless superhuman body, it'd probably take a week to uncover most of the secrets about the undeads of this world.

'But ever since I got this body, it always took me a remarkably less amount of time to finish a task... than I predict so, maybe it'll take four days...?' He thought as he entered the green tent, from where happy Shizuka noises could be heard.

The tent had quite a bit of medical equipment in store, from an MRI machine to a simple hanging cane... and obviously a lot of beds with white sheets.

"Arthur!" Shizuka smiled, "You've arranged it so~ well!!! It's like I'm already in a real hospital working as a full-fledged doctor!"

Arthur smiled back, "I'm glad you liked it... So, Doc. Marikawa, are you willing to cure a patient or few?"

Shizuka's face became serious and with a nod, she replied, "Yes, even if you didn't ask for this favor, I would've cured your friends nonetheless!"

Saeko, standing behind Shizuka looked at Arthur intently.

Arthur gave her a nod.

"Well, they're not exactly my friends, but anyway thanks... Let me tell you... All of them are my soldiers, injured on a certain battlefield, and most of them are wounded by bullets. Heavy blood loss. Critical condition. It is bound to test all your resolve, expertise, and experience. The fate of their lives will depend on you, Shizuka."

Arthur exhaled as he took in the interior of the tent, "I think I have already placed all the equipment you'll be needing to patch them up but if you still need anything more, just call me up, and I'll rush here as soon as possible. Saeko will be assisting you as a nurse."

Shizuka looked at Saeko with a bit of uncertainity.

Saeko gave her a soft smile, "I may not be experienced, I am confident in my steady hands and calm mind. So, you don't have to worry much, Marikawa Sensei."

"I'll be in the black tent, by the way..." Arthur walked up to a hospital bed, "You're ready?"

Shizuka nodded, "In a minute."

Shizuka and Saeko readied themselves wearing their green OT suits and then synthetic gloves, cap, and mask.

Once they were ready, he informed them of a few more things and placed a Hydra soldier from his inventory on the bed. This one was among the least critical, well, not critical at all. A bullet had just pierced the flesh of his right bicep. A locket with his name on it was hanging down his neck, Tobias Weber, it said.

And just as Arthur laid the man fully suited in Hydra's combat suit on the bed, the frenzy began.

The hurried clicking of heels of Shizuka and Saeko resounded in the tent and Arthur left them on their own to do their work.

===================

Thanks for reading!

1771 words on this chapter!

 Support me and read ahead on pa treon upto 5 advanced chapters! There are more benefits than just advanced chaps there, the total benefits are :

1. Advanced chaps.

2. Choosing your favorite waifu as a harem member.

3. Hiring Omniversal Mercenary for a mission in the world of your choosing, obviously you get to choose harem member too.

4. The power behind your votes will have the power depending on your tier, which is obviously, much higher than the free readers on webnovel, scribbleHub or Royal Road.

https://www.pat reon.com/marveller

(remove the space)

Oh, I now have a ko fi as well! You can sub there too if you wanna read ahead.

Ko-fi Link: Ko-fi.com/marveller

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/T3GN7nqKgS

55