10- The lesson concludes
188 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Professor Draco ended off the lecture leaving the students deep in thought, about their future about their roles and about how they could progress with their manifests

Z sat in his spot deep in thought, not because he was processing what the professor had said, but because he knew all too well about how to best use manifests and the levelling up for the usage of manifests. On top of that, there were still the S tier manifests that weren't mentioned, because there were so few people with Null abilities professor Draco didn't even bother mentioning it to this bunch of kids that were in front of him.

Null manifests are unable to be used in the same way as the other abilities. The classification of abilities in the world was by no means perfect. Null manifests although classified as S grade, may not be stronger than other manifests. For example, X's manifest <rewind> is a null manifest, but unlike other manifests, her abilities can only be used once.

Z's <Avarice> falls in the same category, however strong an ability to copy abilities is, there is still a weakness with it. The abilities that he copies will only have an efficacy of 30%, making it weaker than the main user of the ability.

As much experience Z had previously with regards to manifests and power levels, the military role classification isn't Z had experienced before. Since even before going through military training in his previous life he was already pulled out and placed in the shadow unit. This made Z really excited, but at the same time extremely nervous thinking what the future would bring him.

"Boss! The lecture is over, we have to move to the hall for the briefing on classifications."

Odrunn tapped Z gently, jolting him out of his thoughts. Z slightly nodded and agreed, standing up from the seat and filtering into the crowd that was moving away from the hall.

There were transport artefacts outside waiting for nobility as they streamed into the vehicles, holding their head up high as if wanting to the commoner students that they were way better than them. These transport artefacts cost tens of thousands of credits to purchase. Without some form of strong financial backing, you wouldn't even smell the interior of these.

Z wasn't too bothered by the fact that he had to walk, Odrunn on the other hand, his face turned pale as he was upset that he had to walk a distance to the next class.

"Boss... Could you carry me, please? I'm afraid I can't walk so far."

Odrunn said staring intently at Z, welcoming only an eye roll and a kick to his bottom, Odrunn hurriedly held his bottom and walked away quickly.

After walking for a distance, they had finally arrived at the hall in which the brief was taking place. The walk wasn't a lonely one as a majority of the commoner students had to walk from point to point. Some of the wealthier commoner students could afford personal forms of transport but that was about it.

Entering the hall, the nobility was already seated in the front row, as the rest of the students streamed in they quickly occupied the remaining empty seats as they started to get ready and listen intently to the classifications used in the military.

Principal Davenport approached the stage as he took control of the S.A.D, he started speaking as soon as he felt that the students had settled down.

"Good day to you all, today we have invited a special guest to join us. I would like to introduce you to Major Craig Martin, he is one of the commanders of City A's military. He is here today to brief you on roles and explain what part you will be playing in the future wars."

Principal Davenport extended his hand welcoming the well-built Major onto the stage. Major Craig stepped onto the stage and held on to the S.A.D.

" Hello, future soldiers and leaders. You must be here today curious about the roles you will play in the future, I will explain this to all of you as clearly as possible, so please do listen closely. This applies to those from nobility, even if you are put into leadership positions, it is important to know about the roles of the team you are leading! "

Major Craig snarled while looking at the front row. After climbing up from the depths of the military from a small soldier he finally rose into his major position with much difficulty. The nobles have always tried to suppress him, but eventually, he made it.

Z sat in silence as he intently listened to every word the major has mentioned.

"let me give you an introduction to why roles were introduced in the first place. In the past, before we fought wars with the warmongers, we were fighting wars with the mutated beasts. Before forming a military force, humanity was just running rampant doing what they could in fighting and protecting their families.

Needless to say, there were a lot of casualties the reason was not that humanity was powerless, it was because we were fighting beasts like beasts, there was no coordination in using our manifests, we had healing manifests in the front line getting hit. It just didn't make sense.

Moving forward after we realised our flaw we created specific roles to fit our manifesters in and with that we managed to keep the mutated beasts at bay, making them unable to fight back against us when they come into our areas."

Major Craig spoke with an intense ferocity in his eyes, almost excited that humanity had made it this far.

Z nodded his head, he knew humanity fought a losing war before, but he didn't know that having specific roles played such a huge role in humanity having a chance for the future. Previously Z had always been moving in a squad but they were merely teammates who performed missions together and they didn't get involved with each other's job.

They were essentially fighting seperate fights at the same time.

3