11- The Numbers
173 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They were essentially fighting separate fights at the same time. His thought drifted off as he thought of a scene in his past.

---------------
"Zero! you asked Thirteen and Four to stop the incoming convoy, why am I stuck here just twiddling my thumbs? I... Need... Some... Blood"

A skinny man asked while fiddling with what seems to be like a scythe.

"Three, I've said this many times, you'll be bathing in blood soon, for now, stick to the mission, otherwise the blood you'll be bathing in is your own. When the target appears you can kill his guards."

Zero said, cool calm and collected, his back facing the impatient Three as he looked onwards towards the compound, the large fortified gate, stood tall and strong seemingly able to repel any attacks from any enemies.

The two spent a couple more hours in silence, waiting for any sign of movement.

Soon, the gates started moving, guards began pouring out of the gate as they escorted a transport vehicle. Zero turned his head wanting to give a signal to Three, who knew he dashed out quickly in the blink of an eye arriving at the guards that were outside.

"Tsk" Zero clicked his tongue as he immediately dashed forward to join Three in battle.

The guards faces turned pale with shock as they saw a flash of light as a scythe flew past their necks decapitating them entirely, their heads left their bodies as it rolled forward, the blood seemingly having a life of their own as it started to coil and rise up like snakes as they moved towards Three.

The blood entered his body as he seemed to have a boost in strength, he used the additional blood as bullets as he shot the blood droplets killing off some of the guards at the front.

A guard transformed into a colossal rock beast and he immediately swung down onto Three, forcing him to block with his scythe. Zero appeared just as Three was flung away, he raised his hand in front of the rock guard and immediately his rock body started to crumble, losing his rock form. Zero took a step forward as he stuck a blade through his throat.

"Tsk, couldn't you have arrived faster?"

Three complained as he swung his arms that were hurting from the blow.

"Did you manage to succeed? How did you manage to get the manifest cancel? Didn't Subject A cancel all abilities when it's within his radius?"

Three continued questioning as they both walked to the wrecked transport unit. The body of the guards were scattered all around with the only people still living being Zero, Three and the person inside the transport unit.

As they approached the transport unit, a person crawled out from the wreckage. The fat man rolled over and lay on his back as he lay gasping for air.

Zero and Three loomed over the fat man as they both looked at him in the eyes, Three smiled viciously as his eyes seemed crimson.

"Mr Bing, you have been acting in treason against all the nobles in A city, do you have anything you have any last words?"

Zero said passively cold and cruel as he stared the dying Mr Bing in the eyes.

"You're too late! Even the numbers squad can't stop them. I've already sent the evil doings of the council to the Holy capital! They'll get their just desserts!"

Mr Bing shouted blood was spurting out of his mouth with his saliva dripping from the sides.

"Status report"

Zero lifted his commwatch and spoke into it confidently.

"Mission accomplished boss, we took back the information and decimated the convoy."

The voice on the other end of the line replied.

Mr Bing's blood drained from his face as his body slumped down, almost in disbelief of his predicament. Zero turned around calmly as he gave the order for Three to dispatch his target.

--------------------------------------

"The roles assigned to you have since changed since the olden days, these days they emphasize a lot on support roles and the well-being of soldiers, therefore, support type manifests are more than welcome in the military. It's even better if you have healing type manifests.

I'm going to run down the roles that are provided in the military and I'm going to describe those manifests that are most suited for it. As for whether you fit into a role, you don't have to worry about it because as soon as your lessons begin, you will be allocated into a role that fits your manifest and you will train in that role. If you have any problems with the role allocated to you, you can always find Principal Davenport to talk about it. However, you may only request for a change once and if in the end, you cannot excel in that role, that is on you."

Major Craig walked forward slowly as he took a deep breath and started to sort his thoughts ready to explain the roles.

"So, in general, there are four different roles. Scout, Offence, Support and Vanguards. Scouts utilise speed to move around to gather information. The manifests that suit this role the most are those with movement-related manifest or stealth related manifests. This will allow our scouts to be more efficient, entering and exiting the battlefield with ease even stealing precious information from our enemies.

The next role are the offence, they are primarily damage dealers. Their roles are dealing damage whether in an area or individually. The offence roles are those who can deal massive amounts of damage. The most important thing here is devastating power. Those who can deal huge amount of fire damage, those who can flood the entire enemy camp or those who can instantly kill the leader of the enemy forces using a single strike are all talents that the offence should nurture.

Thirdly, the support role is important, as previously mentioned. Although they may not be that strong offensively they play a huge role in terms of logistic supply. Those suited for this portion could be those that can heal others, those that can grant strength or speed boost via manipulation. If you come to the military as support you are bound to be a specialist and will be treated with great respect.

Lastly the vanguards, you can call them meat shields, but let me tell you, without these brave men blocking the front and laying their lives down. We wouldn't be where we are today. The Vanguards suit those with strong defensive capabilities, hardening manifests or even those with no manifests. If you can put on armour and grab a shield, the vanguards will always be welcoming you."

3