10. A Quest?
152 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

" We want you to kill a monster," Aglibol said. Levana stared at the god for a second before she spoke.

" What monster do I need to slay?" She didn't ask any unnecessary questions, just in case the god changed the task. She was confident in fighting monsters. She would accept such a task to cross Syria.

" It is a dragon." The moon god said with a smile.

" What kind of dragon?" Levana asked with furrowed brows. Dragons were normally attributed to being the strongest. Naturally, actual dragons are equally as strong as people believe them to be. Asian dragons, the long ones that usually don't have wings, are generally more powerful than western dragons as they are often depicted as godly beings.

" You can go find out yourself when you scout it out. Well, it breathes fire if that helps. Our demigods didn't get that memo when they tried to defeat it." The god said before he let out a slight giggle.

" Does this dragon have a name?" Levana asked her final question, she didn't want to interact with this god any longer than she had to. His attitude irked her.

" No, it has no name."

" Okay, I will kill this monster and you will allow the two of us to travel through Syria to Jordan." Levana made sure to clarify that both she and Aethra were travelling and they were to go to Jordan.

" Good! I will transport you there now!" The god said, however, Levana put up a hand.

" WAIT! Allow me to put down my things first." With that said, Levana dropped everything she was carrying except her sword and dagger which were still strapped to her hip while sheathed. Crouching down speak to Aethra, she grabbed the girl's hand.

" Listen here, I need you to watch our things and stay here for a while," Levana said as she stared into Aethra's eyes. They seemed dimmer than normal.

" Good luck, Levana," Aethra said. She then grabbed onto the hem of her skirt pulled it up and revealed the small knife Levana had given her. She then put on a brave smile.

" I will take care of the bags," She said causing Levana to smile.

" Alright, I am ready!" Levana said calmly but firmly. She watched as the god waved his hand, and a wave of light that Levana identified to be moonlight swept over her. Immediately, she found herself in an entirely different place.

Her eyes glowed. She took advantage of her slowed perspective of time to examine her surroundings and the dragon that had turned to look at her the moment she appeared in this place.

She was in a desert. In the distance, she could see ruins of what looked to be a Roman city. She quickly linked the site to the ancient city of Palmyra. Unfortunately, knowing where she was, was not going to help her defeat the dragon that had already started opening its giant maw, presumably to breathe fire.

Without another option, Levana pulled out her knife with her left hand, gripping it in a reverse grip and began sprinting towards the dragon. Both her weapons had been enchanted by her personally. Unfortunately, with her lack of talent in the field her best work, her knife, only had a mediocre piercing enchantment on it.

Specifically, it had been enchanted to "pierce through tough hide and armour". Sadly, though it does exactly that, it CAN ONLY pierce through "tough hide and armour". On top of that, it CAN ONLY pierce. Its blade was so blunt that it could not cut or slice.

Luckily, dragonhide is classified as tough hide. She could feel a sort of affirmation from her trusty kitchen knife. The blue-tinted blade had several scratches on its blade that went deep into its steel. These scratches resembled a sort of runic language that gave the knife power and durability.

The dragon seemed to cancel its decision to breathe fire as Levana got too close to it. Instead, it raised a clawed and scaley leg and attempted to grab or tear through its opponent. Levana watched the creature move in slow motion and prepared to attack.

Through extremely precise timing, courtesy to her slowed perception of time, a pillar of hard light burst out of the ground just as the giant claw was about to catch her, right under its conjurer, launching Levana into the air and towards the dragon's head.

The dragon, whose head was as long as Levana was tall, was stunned and unable to react to Levana's sudden leap. Utilising her momentum, Levana plunged her knife into the dragon's forehead where she assumed its brain was. In that instant, she made sure to strike at an angle to ensure that the knife would get stuck and would give something to hold onto.

Immediately after the dragon felt the pain, it began swinging its head around. With its long neck, Levana had to contend with very strong forces. With a little acrobatics, Levana used the swinging to get her legs around the area where its head was connected to its neck.

Quickly, she used her right hand to draw her sword to stab into the dragon's eye. However, the dragon reacted by slamming its head into the ground with Levana holding onto it. This caused her to lose her grip on her sword causing the blade to drop somewhere. Unfortunately for the dragon, Levana did not let go of her knife or loosen the vice grip she had on the dragon's head.

Breathing in and gulping down a bit of ichor, Levana clenched her fist and began pummelling the dragon's eye. With her supernatural strength, even the dragon's more resilient orb was destroyed. The entire time, the dragon had slammed Levana into the ground 3 more times.

Plunging her entire arm into the destroyed orb, Levana gritted her teeth in concentration and closed her eyes. Instantly, the monster's brain fried as a laser burnt it from Levana's index finger. The entire monster slumped over, and Levana fell with it.

For a minute the desert was silent as the creature had been slain. Slowly, Levana crawled her way out from below the dragon's neck. She then turned over and stared at the sky while coughing out ichor. The thick golden liquid dripped onto the hot sand that she lay on.

Though Levana had a slowly mending broken leg, a slipped disc that was slowly returning to its original spot and a lot of quickly healing internal damage, she had a smile on her face.

" I... *cough* won..."

4