11. Weapon Upgrade
134 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was three hours later, and most of her injuries except the broken leg had already healed. The pool of divine ichor under her and the dragon blood had warped the land, causing some dirt to replace the sand on the spot and some grass to grow on it. Levana knew it had been three hours as she had counted each second of those 3 hours. There was no clock or watch to tell her otherwise, of course.

With gritted teeth, Levana got onto her left leg, her currently only functioning leg, and hopped over to the dragon corpse's head. With a tight grip on its head, she slowly wiggled her knife back and forth and finally yanked it out. On its way out, the knife had done no damage to the corpse as usual.

Normally, Levana would have had no problem with this as she herself had created the knife. However, now that she had lost her sword she couldn't help but frown at how impractical the knife was. Looking around, she noticed that the sun was setting.

With a sigh, she assumed that the moon god wasn't going to check up on her anytime soon and decided to at least attempt to find her sword. Sheathing her knife in the leather sheath that was... not on her hip... Staring at her ripped shorts and then at her ripped shirt, she felt her blood pressure rise. If she even had blood pressure anymore. She probably still did.

Sighing again, she attempted to walk and proceeded to fall face-first into the newly created dirt ground. After blinking away the tears in her eyes, she got back up and stared at the dragon's corpse thoughtfully.

Slowly, Levana hopped around the corpse while using it for support looking for a scale big enough to act as a bowl that could at least fit the blade of her knife. She also looked for smaller and more flexible scales. Once she found them, she used her knife to pry the scales off the body. The scales had a red-ish rust-like tint to them. She also made sure to pull a small but sharp tooth from the mouth.

Once she found all the scales, she filled a quarter of the largest one with the dragon's blood. It was a bright red colour that seemed to exude violence. She then put the bowl of blood onto the sand making sure that it wouldn't spill. Then, she sat down before it.

Taking her knife, she attempted to use it to pierce her right wrist. However, as she had thought, the blade would not pierce her skin no matter how hard Levana tried. The blade did not consider her skin as "tough hide and armour". So... she took the small dragon tooth and pierced her right wrist and let the ichor out into the bowl until it was nearly full. Oddly, she didn't experience the dizziness that she thought she would.

Using her knife, she stirred the blood and ichor hoping it would somehow mix and it did. Kind of. She then activated her power and her perception time slowed. Pointing her index finger at the blade of her knife, Levana began adding new details to its runic design with a laser. The blade itself is right under the surface of the thick, bubbling mix of ichor and blood.

Soon, instead of "pierce through tough hide and armour", the runic language that snaked around onto both sides of the blade said, "pierce through tough hide and armour and skin alike to rend flesh". Then, she slid the four smaller scales onto both sides of her knife's blade. Then, she held the knife by its blade with two scales covering each side of the blade's surfaces and heat her hand, using the last of her power.

As she had hoped, these extra steps she had taken to re-enchant her blade had worked. The blade was now more enchanted than it was before. A sentence that Levana had thought internally causing the light-headed girl to let out a small laugh. The blade now emitted power, it interacted with the Veil in strange ways that even its creator couldn't comprehend.

Now she could do the thing that she had wanted to do all those years ago when she had first enchanted the blade. Bringing the blade close to her mouth she whispered to it.

" I, Levana Kaer name this blade Laceratus." Suddenly, Levana felt drained. Her healing slowed further. She barely managed to stop herself from slumping face-first into the still-bubbling mix of ichor and dragon blood.

Levana leaned back and lay on the sand which suddenly felt very comfortable. Through her muddled and tired mind, she had the clarity to kick over the makeshift bowl of powerful liquid. It spilt onto the sand and immediately vapourised turning another patch of sand into soil and grass.

Though Levana tried her best to fight the urge to sleep, her half-open eyes slowly but surely closed. Though she had fallen asleep, she still gripped her knife in her left hand. It glowed ominously, from a brilliant bright red to a softer golden hew to a dull shade of blue.

Slowly, after changing colours multiple times, the blade settled on a slightly fluorescent mat purple colour. Then, the runes on the blade glowed brightly before fading and settling at a much less intense glow.

Then, the dagger began shaking and trembling. Slowly, it shrunk as letters snaked up Levana's arm. They seemed to be in Archaic Latin forming the word "Laceratus". Once they made it up to the side of her upper arm, they stopped and released one last burst of light before it stopped glowing entirely making it look like a normal tattoo.

6