12. Difference In Power
137 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Levana woke up and opened her eyes. She found herself staring directly at the sun. Her eyes glowed goldish yellow as they ensured she didn't go blind. Her ability to slow her perception was technically a side effect of her true power, the ability to see whether there were high intensities or low intensities of light.

She wasn't sure why they slowed her perception of time but she was glad they did. Her "awesome" powers also allowed her to watch eclipses without sunglasses or specialised films! Levana frowned as she remembered her half-brother's power, he got progressively stronger as the sun rose and progressively weaker as the sunset.

" Stupidly heavy axe..." Levana murmured as she remembered that, Sulien Shakier, her half brother also had a magical weapon that their mutual father had given him. Their father clearly had a favourite child.

Slowly getting up, Levana looked around for her knife slowly starting to panic as she realised that it was no longer in her hand. Until the knife made itself known. Her body seized up as a wave of unknown energy flooded through her body from her left arm.

Levana then quickly checked her left arm for abnormalities. Then, she found her new tattoo. She stared at the unknown runic letter for a second before she let out a sigh of relief. She hadn't learnt to read Ancient Latin but she sure was glad that she could recognise it.

Extending her arm, she willed for her blade to appear in her left palm. She watched as the runic letters snaked down her arm and formed the familiar knife which now had a purple tint, the runes on the blade now glowed with dim gold light. (A/N: I kinda wanna draw this weapon now...)

Keeping a tight grip on the weapon, Levana once again took a look at her upper arm and found that while the tattoo was now much lighter, it was still there.

" Awesome! Guess I can't lose it anymore." Magical weapons were handy like that. They tended to choose their owners and stick to them.

Levana then willed the blade back, and the blade slowly shrunk and the letters flowed back up her arm. The process was a little slow and was probably not meant to be integrated into battle. Levana would try to anyway, a slow perception of time helped a lot with things like reacting.

Done testing, Levana began walking to the buildings she had seen. The dragon's corpse had mysteriously vanished. The space where they had fought had also somehow shrunk. It was as if there was never a fight between a young goddess and a possibly young dragon.

The buildings seemed so much closer than before as well. All these special shenanigans served to make Levana even more suspicious of the god or gods in Syria. The dragon that she had suspected to be young, was inexperienced in fighting.

It had not expected her to go for its head despite the fact that it was obviously one of its few weaknesses. It also had not flown throughout the battle, something that would have made the fight last much longer and would have possibly been detrimental to Levana who couldn't fly.

As she got closer she noticed a few things off with the building she was walking to. Though there were many mortals walking around, the entire scene felt weird to look at. Suddenly, she felt herself walking into another god's blessed grounds. Immediately, her surroundings shifted and she found herself before a powerful god. One who seemed to be glitching.

Levana's eyes widened as she saw the being and immediately closed her eyes. She then spoke.

" Ba'al, God of fertility and weather, why have you brought me here?" The instant these words left her mouth she felt a wave of divinity wash over her as the god stabilised for a second. Levana then opened her eyes making sure to keep in her mind that she was talking to Ba'al, God of fertility and weather and not Ba'al of other things.

" Thank you for giving me this little bit of clarity. Who are you?" The winged god said.

" My name is Levana, I have a deal with your pantheon that I had made with Aglibol the moon god. I have completed the task he gave me. Can you send me back to the border between Syria and Iraq?" Levana said. The god seemed to take his time, he twitched as his body glitched a little before it stabilised again.

" I see... I see... I-i-i-I seeee... I see..." The god twitched a little as he glitched again. His image seemed to superimpose and separate from multiple different... creatures.

" As a REwaRd for this ClArity, I wILL do that for you." Ba'al raised his hand and snapped his fingers. Once again, Levana's surroundings changed. However, this time what she saw caused her to flick her power on and summoned her knife immediately. Three demigods with small cuts on their arms were kidnapping Aethra.

Above, Levana three spears of light formed while she charged at the three demigods, her rage apparent on her face. Unfortunately, before she could absolutely pulverise the demigods a familiar wave of moonlight crashed into her faster than Levana could react even with her slowed perception of time.

" I didn't expect your arrival this soon. That senile Ba'al and his meddling..." Aglibol said as he floated down from the sky. Levana quickly got up from the ground and launched herself at the flying god with the same trick she had used on the dragon. However, the god simply pointed at her and shot out a crescent wave of moonlight that cut Levana in half. Golden ichor spilt everywhere.

When her upper body hit the sand, their crescents pinned Levana's arms to the ground while a third barely missed her head as she titled her head. She looked up at the more powerful god gritting her teeth in rage and pain.

" LIAR!" She growled out.

" I did not lie, the two of you get to pass through Syria." The god said with a smile. Instantly, another crescent flew down and pierced Levana's head.

5