13. Deal? No, a steal.
130 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Over about three months, the body parts of a certain goddess slowly reattached themselves and any missing parts were slowly regrown. Once the body parts were reattached to form a body, Levana's body glowed intensely for a second. Then, her eyes shot open and she found herself staring into the dirt ground and grass that had grown from her divine ichor.

She groaned and got up from her prone position. She was now completely naked as the rags of her clothes her been taken by the winds. She found herself in a patch of grasslands in the middle of a desert. Intuitively, Levana knew how the land had spawned and immediately let out a roar in rage.

" AHHHHH!!! F*CK!" She began screaming as she punched the dirt. With the strength she had used, a small crater formed from her punch in the dirt. She then continued to pummel away her frustrations on the ground. The crater slowly gets wider but not much deeper. She wasn't that strong physically.

Levana blinked the tears out of her eyes while the skin on her hands healed. Then, she reabsorbed her lost energy from shedding so much ichor from the ground with very low efficiency. Having been filled with energy, she decided to do something rather rash. She began walking to the Temple of Bel.

...

It took her 2 days of walking non-stop to get to the temple. By then, she had already burnt through the extra energy she had and had already begun rethinking her decision to come to this place. What if Ba'al was part of their plot? What was their motive for kidnapping Aethra? Was this just Aglibol's decision?

Then again, Levana remembered the f*cking liar saying that Ba'al was meddling. But he was a f*cking liar. A surge of anger ran through Levana again as she remember how much she DISLIKED liars. She stuck her tongue out a little like she had tasted something really sour.

Once again, the moment she stepped into the temple's bounds she was transported right in front of the being that looked more like a glitching asset from a game than something that should exist in real life.

" BA'AL, KING OF THE SEMITE GODS, YOUR PANTHEON HAS BROKEN YOUR PROMISE TO ME! WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY?!" Levana yelled at the glitching mess which immediately transformed into a rather old-looking man with wings on his back. He had a crown on his head that denoted royalty.

" Oh... Clarity... Ah, the young goddess. We broke a promise?" The god asked. His form seemed much more stable than before as if this form was a more powerful form than the god of fertility form. Before Levana could reply, the god spoke up.

" No promises were broken, your friend has left Syria and you are free to leave." The god said. Immediately, Levana's face morphed into one of fury but before she could say anything she was cut off again.

" But... But... I don't like that they are mistreating you. Considering the fact that those ungrateful wenches never visit me to give me clarity whereas you have done so twice now. The... OThEr mE must have transported you to the scene because he felt grateful. I too feel grateful. There are many things to be done!" The old man said with slight excitement. Levana, however, opted to keep her mouth shut.

" Ohoho, I have so much power yet I can never use it. Do you know how irritatINg-AnnOYing it is to be this powerful yet be so helpless without other people to help me gain clarity?"

" I am the only reason other pantheons do not invade. They fear that I may leave this temple. HAHAHAHAHAHA! HOW WRONG THEY ARE! I simply cannot leave this temple or I would have gone to destroy them personally." Levana flinched a little when the god shouted. She was starting to get a little spooked. Ba'al seemed a lot more off the hook than she had initially thought.

" SO! So...  you want revenge?" The god asked.

" No... I just want to retrieve Aethra. Why would you-" Levana said a little confused as to how the god came to the conclusion that she wanted revenge.

" You got killed, didn't you? Either way, make a dEaL with me. I can give you virtually any domain you want. In exchange, you will take one of my personalities. Basically, in exchange for power, you get more power. Sounds good?" This stunned Levana as the god seemed serious. She gulped and answered.

" I don't need more power I just want to retrieve Aethra." She said hoping that it was the correct answer.

" Well... I can't do that. If you want to retrieve your girl you need to do it yourself. As you are right now, you won't be able to even scratch your enemies who are gods. So? How about our deal? You can take the Sky God personality, everyone likes the Sky domain! How about this personality the King of the Gods personality? Nobody can deny the power of a king! No, no, no, how about the female one? The Queen of the Gods personality! It is pretty weak for now but it might suit you? All you need to do is take up my name!"

The god began rambling causing Levana to get more scared. Just listening to snippets of his rambling was enough to give her an idea as to how powerful the god was.

" How would you like your name to be? Levana Ba'al Kaer? Ba'al Levana Kaer? Levana Kaer Ba'al? CHOOSE YOUR PICK!" The god suddenly changed into some kind of demonic creature before changing back into his King of the Gods form. Gulping again, Levana spoke.

" How would I be the Queen of the Gods if I have no gods to be the Queen of?" She asked seriously considering the possibility. She knew that if she played her cards right, she would become powerful enough to contend with even the major gods of a pantheon.

" GOOD THINKING! I will give you these two seeds. These will make any living creature into gods. You will be their Queen!" The god opened his right hand showing two simple seeds.

" So? What is your choice?"

4