17. Loss?
116 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Levana cursed herself internally as she flew across the room from her empowered leap. To think that she had given into her anger and discarded all her plans just because of a lie. A headache plagued her as she brought down her knife onto the closest titan in her slowed perspective of time.

However, before the blade could connect with the titan's flesh, a blast of water impacted her right side from a blind spot, throwing her across the room and away from her target. Levana watched in slow motion as she flew towards a titan that was wreathed in fire.

Seeing his armour, she smiled and twisted her body while in mid-air with the help of a pillar of hard light she had conjured, dodging the blast of fire that the titan sent at her. With yet another pillar of hard light giving her a platform, she lept off it throwing herself at who she assumed was Hyperion.

Holding her knife in a reverse grip in her left hand, Levana used her right hand to drive the knife into the titan's breastplate. As she heard the titan yell in her slowed perception, she flexed her strength and slash her knife up splitting her immortal opponent in half from his chest to his head.

Hot golden ichor splattered everywhere. Suddenly, she felt the urge to absorb the titan's power. An instinct to. She followed that instinct and began stealing power from the incapacitated titan. However, before she could turn around to face her next opponent, yet another blast of water slammed into her throwing Levana into a wall.

Golden ichor flowed from several places on her body as she suffered minor injuries from the attack. Levana cut out all the yelling and coordinating the titans seemed to be doing as the hot power of the titan, Hyperion, flowed into her and curled around her heart.

She stared for a split second at Hyperion's body, it steadily lost its fire leaving a dead-looking big man in shredded armour. Levana shivered despite the heat that filled her. Unfortunately, this caused her to miss the club that was being swung at her allowing the titan to get a solid hit. 

Flung across the room, she crashed into another wall. This time she felt several of her bones fracture and a few ribs break as she lay in a puddle of her own ichor. With several internal injuries, she still managed to struggle onto her feet and face her far larger opponents.

The Titans seemed to have calmed down after seeing her battered form. Watching as the titans seemed to visibly relax, Levana let out a small smile. She then raised her right hand and snapped. As the loud burst of sound rang out, she released a bright flash of light emulating a flashbang.

Looking through the flash of light that she had released, Levana sprinted to her next target, the stupid water titan that had chosen to send bolts of water instead of just hosing her down. In a flash, she was in front of the titan. Through her perspective of time that had seemed to have slowed further, she slashed her knife up from the titan's dangling genitals to the top of his head.

She watched as her blade's runes lit up as it tore through skin, twisted, squished and destroyed flesh yet ignoring bone completely as if they did not exist. Temporarily killing yet another titan, Levana prepared to leap at her next target. However, before she could do so, a wave of power slammed into her throwing her into another wall.

" STOP OR WE WILL KILL THE GIRL!" Kronos' voice rang out. This finally got through to Levana as she processed his words. The bloodied Levana, looked up to see Aethra standing next to Atlas and another titan, with blue-white hair, who held a sword to Aethra's neck.

At the sight, Levana felt slightly angry but was mostly relieved to see that Aethra was mostly alright. She just looked a little dirty. She wasn't even cuffed or chained. She certainly didn't look like she had been starved.

" G-*coughs ichor* give me the girl and I will leave," Levana said as she got up from the ground. The other voice in her made a little more noise questioning her decision to come here for Aethra but Levana didn't listen. There was a brief silence before Kronos' voice rang out.

" No." With that, Atlas dropped the column of the sky onto Aethra while the other titan pulled away. Immediately, Levana began sprinting to Aethra as she watched the girl struggle under the weight of the sky.

" AETHRA!" Levana shouted as she reached the girl. Quickly, Levana took the column onto her back freeing Aethra from the weight. However, she could not catch the girl's fall as she had to focus the entirety of her strength on holding the sky up.

Levana collapsed onto a knee as Atlas is often depicted. Each breath she took in felt like fire as her muscles burnt under the constantly increasing weight. As she got her wits about her, she watched as Aethra slowly got up from the ground and walked to the sarcophagus.

" Lord Kronos, I have done my part. Will you keep your end of the deal?" She said while touching the sarcophagus. This shocked Levana but with her domain, she quickly determined what her deal was and immediately calmed as much as she could while bearing the sky on her back.

" Very well." The disembodied voice said. This caused Aethra to nod and leave walking over to the rest of the demigods who were huddled in one corner of the throne room. Levana watched from the corners of her eyes as Aethra joined the group and left the room.

" Well, well, Queen Levana, not so haughty anymore?" Kronos' voice mocked her. Levana, however, felt content. She had done what she had set out to do. She had saved Aethra and was certain that the girl would continue to be safe for a while. Not having the energy to waste by replying to dumb taunts, Levana ignored the titans who mocked her and instead focused on steadying her breathing.

4