20. Subtle Workings
120 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

" Fighting the Earth, huh... " Levana sighed as she watched as the ground attempted to grab her from the sky.

" Hell Nah, no thank you! GAIA! Let us make a contract!" Levana yelled at the mound of dirt that was slowly growing. A woman with closed eyes and a calm smile on her face surfaced from the ground and faced Levana.

Still cautious of the primordial, Levana continued her inefficient alternative to flight. Summoning a paper and pen, she began writing the contract. A minute later, she floated the paper over to Gaia's avatar.

" What an odd request... You want me to adopt you... In exchange, you will stop bothering my children... who will then be your siblings..." Levana had a light blush on her face as her terms were read out. It sounded rather ridiculous, even to her, in retrospect. Gulping, she decided to explain herself before Gaia got mad.

" Well... from mythology, you always do what you think is best for your children and I think that makes you a good mother. Well my mother died and I have been feeling very lonely since Aethra betrayed me but she did it to survive which I respect and am very happy that she did survive but I just really really need *sniffle* some company an-*sniffle* and you know..."

Slowly as Levana broke down into tears from her rambling, she floated onto the ground where a waiting Gaia pulled her into her arms and began rubbing her back. She had been pushing herself really hard since she left the Mansion of Learning. Her ADHD mind had allowed her to ignore the suffering and enjoy the good moments.

However, no matter how resilient or how driven, a person would always find themselves overwhelmed in the end by stressful situations. Her mother's death hadn't helped with her mental health either. She knew that somehow, it was her fault that her mother had died. She had to have died in that car accident due to grief or something.

Gaia, seemingly having already made up her mind about Levana, just continued to gently rub the young goddess's back as she cried on her shoulder. The other voice in Levana's head was silent. It was a queen, the PERFECT queen, and a queen who knew how to read the room. It also knew this was necessary, a part of the dozens of plans that Levana had concocted.

Well... she was now committed to a route that she had only 3 plans. But The Queen was unhappy, there was still a while more before she could join with the whole. A queen had to be strong for her people. Levana was now only physically strong. She needed to be mentally strong too!

Gaia slowly brought the duo underground and Levana didn't resist. As the goddesses slowly disappeared from the surface, the now restrung fate began running again. Pulling the demigods and gods alike to dance to its tune.

The Morai continued their work as usual. Life was hard as weavers of fate... All three of the old women sighed at the same time as they watched Levana make her choice to persuade Gaia into adopting her. They then began making preparations to call off certain prophecies meant to be used to take down Gaia and began moving their plans for the titans forward.

...

Hanok closed his future-telling book, a satisfied smile spread across his face. He had got up from his seat and looked at Levana's chair. Walking over to it, he physically lifted it and carried it over to the wall. There he set it down next to the other 10 chairs that belong to his, now, divine students.

" Levana Ba'al Kaer, the 11th. I did not expect you to live this long but I am glad you did," He whispered softly to the chair. Then, he left it and returned to his spot in the middle of the living room.

...

From the shadows, a phantom-like woman stepped out onto the street. A crow landed on her shoulder and start crowing. The woman wore an entirely black gown and had a hood over her head. This was The Morrigan. the Irish goddess associated with war and fate.

The Phantom Queen raised her hood and took in a breath of polluted air and frowned. The Irish demigods were numerous once more. It was time for culling and she was called upon. She licked her lips and began walking.

" It is time for the age of the gods to return." A wicked smile plastered to her face her body split into dozens of crows which all flew away into the darkness of the night.

...

Odin, the King of Asgard sat upon his throne. He smiled and his singular eye had a spark of mirth in it.

" My wife, Frigg, do you see this? This change?" Odin asked his wife who sat on the throne next to him.

" Oh? How wonderful! Our future was changed! The prophecies have been annulled!" Frigg, the Aesir goddess of prophecies was astounded at this revelation.

" Yes! Somebody FINALLY released something they shouldn't have! Hehehehe- HAHAHAHA!" Odin stood up and called his spear, Gungnir, to his hand.

...

A meditating, Sun Wukong, opened his eyes abruptly.

" At last, it is time to return to the mortal realm. How exciting! I wonder how much it has changed!"

The Great Sage, Heaven's Equal rose from the position he had been in for the last 1000 years and jumped off his cloud.

...

Thoth stopped writing as he felt the change.

" Strange, this wasn't scheduled to happen for another three hundred years. A fluke? Hmm... Probably. Ah... the mortals will not like this. Whatever, I have what I wanted," With that, he returned to writing his opinions about modern-day pop music.

...

Aglibol swallowed the glowing marble that he held and smiled with satisfaction.

" Just a little more and I can overthrow that senile old man, Ba'al."

...

The Great Goddess of the Moon and the Night, Mayari stared down from her heavenly realm at a cave in her land, the Philipines as the mortals called it. The dim light from her singular eye shone upon the land, as she investigated the source of the Change.

She felt confused, this cave had never existed before the change. Mayari was certain that something foreign had changed the land, HER land. Though she felt angry, she still didn't dare look into the cave. She felt a distinct feeling of danger from it.

She decided to wait for her siblings, Tala and Hanan. She had a feeling that a mortal was involved but this mortal was not one to be trifled with. She narrowed her eyes as she thought of such a ridiculous thing but continued to stare at the strange cave.

All she knew was that a fate breaker was running around somewhere.

_________________

Comment about what you guys think happened!

Any questions?

Are you liking how the story is going so far?

6