26. Protagonists
117 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sitting on her glowing throne made of hard light, Levana couldn't help but frown. It was rather uncomfortable. She would have preferred something more padded. She mentally noted to find a more comfortable chair and to find out how to make a pocket dimension to store her stuff.

Levana watched as the two demigods sat down at her table. Letting out a sigh, she tensed a little and prepared for a tough verbal battle.

" Alright, I know I stole your kill but that was hardly my fault. That stupid giant should have watched where he was standing. So, how do the two of you suppose we settle this?" Levana started. Her face betray no jest, she knew to be serious when dealing with business.

The demigods before her, however, seemed more confused than before. Levana squinted a little as she saw the girl, Annabeth, signal for her boyfriend to let her do the talking. Levana wondered if she had experience in bartering.

" Is there a problem that requires settling? Lady..." Annabeth trailed off after "Lady" hoping to get Levana's name, while still staying on topic. However, her little question clued Levana in that she didn't expect reimbursement for stealing their kill.

" I am Levana Ba'al Kaer. Call me Levana. OR Queen Levana if you want to be formal. Either way, since we have no problems, I shall get going." Levana wanted to get her long sword enchanted as soon as possible and a fresh dragon corpse provided many materials.

" Wait! I mean, uh, Levana, you were the goddess that held the sky up before me, aren't you?" Annabeth asked taking her chances. She figured that had Levana had problems with chatting with demigods they would have been smitten already.

Levana paused her movement, as she was about to get up from the uncomfortable throne. Wanting to see where the little demigod was going with her question, Levana sat heavily back on the throne and faced the girl.

" Yes, I was carrying the sky before you were hauled over. What of it?" Annabeth lit up at her confirmation and asked her next question. As she did, she held her boyfriend's hand for comfort.

" Did- did I see your true form? Is that why I keep forgetting what you look like?" Annabeth asked.

" True form? This is my true form." Levana said while gesturing at herself. What other form was there? She wasn't a powerful shapeshifter. Annabeth seemed a little confused but asked her question differently.

" No, I mean, were you in the other form..." Annabeth asked but Levana simply raised an eyebrow, unsure of what Annabeth was insinuating. 

" The dangerous form." Percy Jackson added helpfully.

" I will have you know this IS my true form and this form is really dangerous when I want it to be," Levana said getting a little annoyed. She doesn't lie, why were they asking her redundant questions?

" Nevermind, what are you the goddess of, Queen Levana?" Annabeth changed the subject noticing that Levana was getting irritated. Levana snorted at her attempt to change the topic but answered her question anyway.

" I am The God Queen of my currently unnamed Pantheon. I am the Goddess of Contracts, Promises, Oaths and Heat. Now, you will tell me what you mean by another form. The one you call the true form." Levana figured that if she were going to sit in this Q and A she might as well ask questions of her own.

Annabeth's eyes widened as she realised an important fact. Percy continued to sit quietly, he didn't know what to say.

" You are not a Greek goddess?!" Annabeth yelled in surprise, which also surprised Percy. Levana nodded and gestured for her to carry on.

" Well, the Greek gods all have another form that they call the true form. It is dangerous for mortals and demigods to look at their true forms. So... Percy and I have never seen what one looks like." Annabeth said as she tried to process the fact that there were other pantheons other than the greek gods.

" Hmm? A trait of the greek gods? I guess I can ask Persephone if I really want to know..." Or she could ask her mother.

" Um... Levana, which of the other pantheons are real?" Percy asked as he had a look of concern on his face. If the other pantheons were anything like the greek pantheon, there were far more supernatural things in this world than they had first thought.

" All of them," Levana said off-handedly.

" All of them?!" Both demigods yelled at once.

" Yeah? Has your teacher never mentioned them?" Noticing the surprise in their eyes, Levana made her conclusion.

" Your teacher is Chiron, right? A millennia-old centaur? My teacher once met him, and he spoke well of him. However, judging from your lacking knowledge, he must not be a very good teacher..." As the duo looked a little offended but were still too shocked to speak. Levana had an epiphany. 

" Ah! I will just go meet him face-to-face! Maybe he is more impressive in person?" Levana sat up from her throne quickly in excitement. Immediately after, the throne turned into motes of light and disappeared, as did the table. Snapping her fingers, she gestured for the demigods to get up.

" Bring me to your teacher, I want to meet him personally. MY teacher is a very difficult person to please. I want to see the man, no, centaur that had earned his praise. Percy Jackson, Annabeth Chase, from henceforth, you shall be my guide to your camp. Should you accept my request, I shall enchant your weapon, girl, and I will make your boots, boy, those slippers are not made for battle.

Do you two accept?" Levana gave her terms and stared intensely at the two demigods. She smiled when they nodded and immediately got to work.

" Give me your knife, I will make this quick. Oh, and give me those slippers, they will make for a good base." Before going off on yet another side quest, Levana decided to use the dragon's corpse. Pulling out her long sword, she conjured a table and laid all the items on the table and got to work.

6