27. Enchanting
107 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Enchanting the knife was something that came to Levana easily. She had a lot of practice enchanting knives after all. It was making the boots for Percy that troubled her.

Levana had learnt how to make basic boots, or rather foot covers, in her time at the Mansion of Learning. It was a skill that Hanok had thought was necessary. In case one was in a war and was without boots, one could just make their own boots. Boots were important to ensure that one wouldn't slip in the midst of a battle or so that one's toes were protected.

Using her physical strength, Levana manually descaled the dragon and skinned it with her knife. Using heat, she artificially tanned the hide and got to work making the boots. She did bother enchanting them as she had only promised to make the boots. With practised ease, she folded the dragon leather and stitched it into boots using a small dragon bone as a needle and using some dried dragon sinew as a string.

Checking her finished product, she nodded. It wouldn't be too comfortable to wear but it was a functional piece of armour and footwear. She tossed the boots at the boy and got to work enchanting the knife.

Holding the knife still with her right hand, she positioned her left hand, pointing at the blade with her index finger. Her perspective of time slowed and she began working. A beam of light emitted from her finger like a laser carving runic letters into the Celestial Bronze.

The runes were of the language Levana had created. She simply carved the words "Sharp Durable Return" on both sides of the blade. Then, she released her powers and held the blade to her mouth with her left hand. She began whispering a chant to the blade in the language she created.

As she did, she mentally decided to call the language, Leva. Why? because she wasn't creative enough to make a real name and thought that using part of her name to name the language was convenient. It did automatically connect her to the language after all.

It was a magical language that she had created specifically to cast spells and enchant objects. It suited her to have the language be connected to her mystical presence.

As she finished her chant, she felt the enchantments click into place. As with all the other magical items she had enchanted as a goddess, the Viel immediately mingled with the object. The knife vanished for a split second before Levana anchored it to reality causing it to reappear.

Letting out a breath from satisfaction, she turned to the two demigods. Percy was already walking around in his boots, testing them out. While Annabeth looked a little anxious.

" Girl, what is the name of this blade?" Levana asked. Surely a personal weapon such as this one had a name. Annabeth shook her head and answered.

" It... the blade has no name." Levana looked incredulous as she stared at the girl's solemn expression.

" How dare you not name your personal blade?! Heresy!" Levana yelled startling both demigods. Then, she huffed a few times while mumbling heresy over and over while biting her thumb. Then, she stood up and walked back and forth a few times before turning to look at Annabeth again. Her eyes glowed, shifting from gold to purple and back.

" What is this blade's history?" As she said that, she felt the strings of fate shift a little. She then held out her hand and gestured for Annabeth not to move. She watched as the strings of fate shifted around and attempted to read it. To figure out what its movements could mean.

Then, she felt it. An idea formed as she felt feelings and emotions from the blade itself. Pumping her fist, she caressed the blade tenderly as if patting a child.

" Aha! I got it, Ansel. This blade shall henceforth be named Ansel!" Levana exclaimed as she examined the blade. She then passed the blade to Annabeth and gave her instructions.

" Should you lose Ansel or throw the blade at an enemy say this. Ansel Tayotm. Got it?" Levana told Annabeth as she handed the blade to her.

" Wait, wait, what was that last word?" Annabeth asked looking confused. She had just heard the goddess speak gibberish.

" Ansel Tayotm." Levana said with a serious face.

" Ansel Tayotem?" Annabeth said questioningly.

" No, Ta-yot-mm. Got it?" 

" Uh... yeah?" 

" Good," Levana turned away from Annabeth and got to work enchanting her sword. Making a cast for the long sword out of hard light, she filled it with the dragon blood at hand and put the blade in. She made sure that only the blade was inside the liquid and not the hilt or the hand guard.

Then, she cover it with more hard light and propped the entire contraption upright and poured more dragon blood into the container. Then, like the made goddess she was, Levana began compressing the blood with the blade in it and made sure to seal the hard light container. She heated the blade at the same time as her domains.

Then, she began chanting again trying to infuse her magic and power into the weapon. What she wanted was a permanent weapon. One that would be her partner till her end like her knife, Laceratus, was.

Levana watched as the hard light, blade and Stygian iron all fused to form patterns of gold in the midst of the midnight black. Tiny runes in Leva formed along the edges of the blade. The blade now no longer held up by hard light continued to float.

Levana could feel the blade. Though it was not sentient like her knife, it was powerful enough to read Levana's intentions and would carry out her will. The blade floated into her waiting hands. Then, she whispered to the blade as she did her knife before.

" You shall be named Baid, may you strike down my enemies who cower in the distance as they attack me with ranged weapons." As her weapons seemed to like doing, Baid, shrunk and turned into a tattoo slithering up Levana's arm. It was written in the strange runes that were reminiscent of Leva.

Levana then turned to the demigods.

" Done. Let's go now."

____________

Check out my Patreon for extra 5 chapters! 

5