Supergirl – Non-canon multiverse omake. 1 (Worm)
1.9k 13 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So, someone once asked why I write things like this instead of focusing on the story?

The short answer is: Because I want to.

No, really, every once in a while I'm having trouble with the main chapters, or an idea pops up in my mind and I have to put it on paper, sometimes literary on paper. I write for fun and, sometimes, I just want to write something silly or play around. 

Particularly since I'm really struggling with an original story of mine, something I started working together with Supergirl, at this point, I think I have to just start posting chapters and maybe rewrite later, cuz trying to finish the story (at least one book) before posting doesn't seem to be working.

Actually, both Supergirl and Will of the Force were born from something like this, an idea that I put on paper and, after two or three chapters, decided to expand on.

Omakes aren't exactly born on my Notebook too, I tend to write then on the phone, while going to college, walking to the academy or even dictating during walks (not my favorite thing, my pronunciation is beyond TERRIBLE and I have to fix everything later), where I can't focus on the main story.

Anyways, this one was finished, don't know if I'm gonna continue this particular snippet, but you guys can enjoy it until the actual chapter comes out. (Working on Will of The Force right now, but the next Supergirl should come at the end of the week.)

I hope you guys enjoy the short chapter.

 

Kara stared at the device, blaring alarms ringing all over her workshop. Accelerating her thoughts as fast as they’d go, she cut off the energy source and desperately tried to correct the issue.

Well, it’s not like hadn’t prepared for failure, she just didn’t think it would be this spectacular.

No, her protections could not have failed so much, she had made sure of that after the box incident. She had been sabotaged, someone was messing with her things, someone powerful enough to both find her ship and infiltrate it without triggering any of the defenses.

Immediately abandoning her efforts, Kara grabbed the sunstone with the dimensional coordinates and fled, bursting through the walls in a straight line away from the device without a care about the damage she was causing to the ship.

It was useless, the unformed portal collapsed, the very dimension breaking apart and leaking into the bleed, sunstone disintegrating. Then came the black hole, the suction drawing in everything around itself and condensing it.

Still, Kara would have gotten away, activating the blue sunlight reserve on her costume, she boosted her power enough that she overcame the suction, slowly gaining ground. Unfortunately, she didn’t get far enough before it all exploded, the portal expanding and consuming her. Not even a second later, she passed out.

Kara woke up with a startle, the cold seawater hitting her face and causing her to gasp in surprise, drawing a considerable amount of liquid into her lungs.

Closing her mouth, she calmed herself and looked around, using her vision to find which way was up and bursting out of the water before the splash of her impact had even finished calming down.

Coughing up all the water she had inhaled, Kara finally took stock of her situation, her costume was drained of all energy, the nanorobots dark as they desperately absorbed sunlight, but they were still working.

The sunstone was still firmly in her hand, her key to getting back home as soon as she could grow enough to build a new portal… and made sure it hadn’t been tampered with.

Her own reserves were perfectly fine, no, they were far more than fine, she was dripping with power, the extra energy she got from blue sunlight still in her system and making her body feel bloated with it… even if the rush was fading fast.

She still couldn’t reliably operate at this level but, thanks to Wrath’s attack, her cells were already recovered enough that such short exposure wouldn’t cause any damage.

The power left her feeling reckless. Invincible.

Taking a deep breath, she looked around. Kara was in a small coastal city, all around her, the sky was heavy with rain, but her entrance had blown a hole through the clouds that showered her with warm sunlight.

Then she frowned. All around the place, she could hear screams of fear, people rushing around, car horns blaring and a loud evacuation siren blasting the entire location with sound.

More interesting, there was a veritable army of Superheroes preparing themselves, at least four dozen flyers floating above more than a hundred earthbound ones. Rao, there were a lot of children there too, Small supers that couldn’t have been older than Robin.

It looked like a desperate last stand.

From the crowd, a dragon-headed power armor flew at her, it looked like it could house a pilot but, like her own armor, was acting as a drone, fire blasting from the turbines. Two other heroes soon joined it as it tried to hail her.

Kara was about to fly at them to learn more about the situation when she heard it, the massive sound of water rushing towards the city. Turning around, she narrowed her eyes and improved her vision.

Approaching faster than should be possible, a huge tsunami rushed at the city, the water accumulating with unstoppable force and there, just below the surface, a freaking kaiju. A small one.

The creature looked like a mouthless lizard, rudding the tsunami as if the entire thing was under its control, the creature actually seemed to look at her, too many eyes narrowing.

Kara considered waiting for the beast to arrive or at least hearing what the other heroes had to say, but her power was leaving fast. She had already lost most of the boost and every second that passed she lost more.

Not that a kryptonian was ever weak but, right now, she felt like she could punch a planet into pieces, in a couple of seconds, she’d be back to her normal strength.

Narrowing her eyes right back at the beast, she moved.

With a sonic boom that left a shockwave strong enough to blast water at the approaching heroes, Kara accelerated as much as she dared while in the atmosphere, her entire costume glowing red in a second as the air heated up around her.

The creature tried to react, waving an arm at her, but she was too fast, driving her fist into the creature’s head with such strength it actually exploded into a thousand shards of crystal. The Tsunami collapsed where she had impacted.

Kara was only briefly surprised, but it was still enough for thing to act, thousands of thin jets of water flying at her with enough strength to cut through even her costume. The rest of the creature’s body trying to float away.

Opening her eyes wide, Kara blasted at the thing. Instead of a thin stream of heat, the power exploded from her eyes in a wide ark, vaporizing all the water around and hitting the body, melting its arms and legs, as well as most of its body until they were completely gone.

Rao, she shouldn’t have done that, it had taken a lot of the power out of her… but at least she was no longer feeling like she was gonna explode.

Her blast had evaporated enough to reveal the seafloor for at least a kilometer around her, still, the creature —or maybe it was a construct, there were crystalline races in the universe, but they were much rarer than robots— Regardless, the thing was still active, a small, superdense core even she couldn’t see through called upon more water to flee.

Kara didn’t let it. Instead, she flashed towards the thing, grabbing the large, half-melted piece in her hands and applying pressure while ignoring its hydrokinetic assaults.

Unfortunately, her power was almost back to normal levels and she couldn’t destroy the core with brute force, worse, she could feel the jets cutting through her costume to leave painful lines on her skin and she wasn’t sure they wouldn’t dig deeper as her power faded.

Around the place, the water was quickly rushing back to fill the hole she had made, waves rushing at her much faster than nature demanded, probably drawn in by the core in her hands.

Well, she didn’t have to destroy it, since when did she refuse such great study material? If it was a robot it would make for a powerful addition to her Karabots.

Pulling out a few drones from her pocket, she gritted her teeth at the pain of the constant attacks and reconfigured her. Every one of her drones was also configured to work as a small teleport grenade, but it didn’t take too many to make a dimensional lock.

Finally, she released the damn thing between ten small drones. The core immediately exploded in a burst of water, trying to get away from her, but it wasn’t fast enough to flee, the dimensional lock activating and freezing it in place.

Right now, even Kara couldn’t move it, but it would keep, frozen in place and unable to affect the current dimension until she managed to build the correct tools. Rao damn it, why did her ship not make the trip?

Floating away from the creature/robot, Kara looked around herself, seeing several flyers coming towards her as fast as they could… Well, time to meet the locals.

 

If you enjoy my work, I have an advanced chapter for my patrons or you can also take a look at my other fics: Will of The Force (SFW). - WEEKLY / Dungeon Delving is Damn HARD  (SFW) (HIATUS)/ Reincarnated into a H World (VERY NSFW) (HIATUS)

Also, think about giving me a tip if you have some spare change by supporting me on patreon, ko-fi with the buttons bellow the chapter, or just a one time donation directly to PayPal.  All my content is free and you can support me for a single dollar.

Thanks to Eric Faust for helping out with the chapter!

Thanks for my patrons : Iori Daemona Angel, AlliterativeArts (Eric Faust) Comics, WanderingDaemon, GrumpyJustGrumpy, Travis cox, camarada fugu, Rootbeerguy, High Priest of Torga, Michael Neal, Felrook, NotableRonin, AjiTae, khepri, Louis Kasser, JVR, Joseph,  Vegetables, Nisiris, Flashycow, Ryuda, Commander Miggs, Kaleb, Awais, Ty Tuttle, LordChoto, Allison Jolley, Phillip Webster, Glitched Knights, Robolo42, Zistrum, IrishxButter, Journeyman_Mike, Jason Langford, W01F, janember, AlthePal, Elia , Matthew D, rome33, Jesper Samso Birch, Austin, Pedro Belonia, Danny York, Joe Foreman, Duke, Kraxus, Invernos, Kristoffer, john the gamer, ecool, Looting Pillager, Palladya, Tiberius Cristian Radu, Eric Hicks, eevin1, Definitely (Not) a Necromancer, PhillyFlaps and EMthe4th for supporting my work!

54