Chapter 12 – End of the First Day
3.4k 6 146
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

...

Aizawa simply walked away from his students, not caring to admit that he lied to their faces.

Well it's not entirely true, at one point he was seriously thinking of expelling one of them to serve as an example to the others.

In the end he decided not to, each and every one of them had potential, some more than others, but they were something he could work with.

Just as Aizawa turned a corner he ran into a giant dressed in yellow and white who was looking at him with a smile plastered on his face.

Number One Hero: All Might.

"You're a liar Aizawa! A joke, don't give me that, you expelled an entire class last year!" All Might exclaimed striking a dramatic pose while pointing his finger at him.

"So you were watching... and I expelled that class because they had no potential, they were arrogant and conceited, plus they weren't half as strong as the class I currently have" Aizawa replied looking All Might in the eyes, for some reason Aizawa's gaze made All Might a little uncomfortable. "They were a total waste."

'I definitely can't get along with him!' All Might thought hiding his nervousness with his classic smile. 'No! He's my teaching partner I have to do my best!'

"I have to admit you surprised me! I was sure you would expel Midoriya. But you changed your mind at the last moment!" All Might exclaimed in good humor as he struck a pose, Aizawa seriously wondered if he should resign if he was going to have to put up with All Might's antics "Surely you realized Midoriya's great potential, didn't you?"

Aizawa blinked in confusion. "Great potential...?"

All Might literally froze as he looked at Aizawa.

"You're right about one thing, I didn't expel him because he has potential. But that doesn't mean he has great potential, not at all, in fact his potential is quite low, but it's not zero."

Aizawa spoke coldly while looking at All Might with narrowed eyes. "Now don't get me wrong. I may be a bit extreme about some things but I have my principles: I will not expel anyone who has a potential higher than zero. That's the only reason you're not out of UA."

"Me!- I see..." All Might seemed to want to rebut but suddenly changed the subject. "And how is the class in general?"

"They have a lot of potential, it might be the class with the most potential I've ever taught" Aizawa admitted as he thought about what to order for lunch. "But there are a few that stand out above the rest."

Now All Might was curious. "Oh? And who would they be?"

"Todoroki Shoto, Katsuki Bakugo, Oxton Lena, Yaoyorozu Momo and Tokoyami Fumikage. Those are the people who stand out above the others to a greater or lesser extent" Aizawa replied with a sigh as he walked away from All Might quickly, he didn't feel like talking to the big guy in yellow anymore. "Each of them have great potentials and talents to exploit, it is our job as their guides to erase their flaws and turn them into their strengths"

'Convert?' All Might asked himself but before he could ask Aizawa more details Aizawa was already gone. 'Now I understand why Midnight calls him Lazy Ninja...'

Letting out a sigh, Yagi Toshinori looked up at the sky with a contemplative gaze. "Looks like you have some great competition Young Midoriya, but no one said the path of a Hero was easy..."

 

***

<Later that same day...>

'I need food! I'm starving!' I thought impatiently. 'I couldn't eat since the test lasted too long! Damn Mummy!'

As I grumbled to myself, I walked alongside Jiro and Yao towards the exit- They could both tell something was wrong with me but said nothing.

Just as we walked out of the big doors of UA....

"That's a fucking limo?!" Jiro exclaimed with wide eyes as she saw the huge limo. "What the fuck?"

I was in a similar state but instead of looking at the stupidly huge limo, I was looking at the dozens of smartly dressed bodyguards.

"""MS. YAOYOROZU, WE'VE COME TO PICK YOU UP.""" Cried out all the guards around bowing.

""..."" With the sound of a rusty door Jiro and I slowly looked at Yao, who was sweating bullets as she averted her gaze.

Yao fidgeted restlessly as she thought of a good excuse... but in the end just sighed wearily before explaining.

Apparently Yao's family is incredibly rich, and when I say incredibly I mean STUPIDLY RICH.

Yao herself theorizes that they would be able to buy several small countries.

That's an absurdly ridiculous level of money.....

After the shock of the moment, Yao quickly bid us farewell as apparently her Mother was making a fuss over her.

"Soooo... Jiro" I said looking at the little rocker as we walked to a bus stop to go to our homes, apparently we lived in the same district which was a nice coincidence. "I didn't expect to see you at a hero school."

While Musutafu and Shizuoka may seem close to each other, you need a strong will if you're going to walk all the way.

"I could ask you the same thing" Jiro replied in a curt tone before letting out a sigh. "Well, although I too am surprised at my own choice to be honest. I originally wanted to be a music producer... but in the end I decided that wasn't what I wanted to do with my life.. and here I am."

"I see... well..." I half-commented which earned me a look from Jiro prompting me to speak. "I guess we have somewhat similar cases, I didn't quite know what I want to study... then I started getting more and more interested in Heroism... and here I am."

Jiro let out a low chuckle that made me smile in amusement. "We're not good at thinking ahead, uh?"

I let out a small laugh. "Nope, we're not."

"Speaking of Heroes... I'm thinking of becoming an Undercover Hero, I wouldn't want to be in the public eye" Jiro commented with a thoughtful look on her face. "Besides I think that way I could get a better use out of my Quirk."

I nodded to myself as I briefly looked up at the sky. "Makes sense."

"What does?"

"About you not wanting to be in the public eye" I looked at her with a smirk and a small chuckle. "You don't seem like the kind of person who would willingly go on camera...although it would be funny to see you surrounded by crazy fans."

"Heh" Jiro snorted as she pictured the scene in her head which made her blush slightly. "God no!"

I laughed as I looked at Jiro's sour face.

"Yeah yeah, very funny" Jiro replied sarcastically before shaking her head. "At least you seem to be doing well in the Heroism job...me on the other hand..."

I shook my head as I shrugged. "You didn't do too bad, the exams didn't favor you in almost any way."

"But-" Jiro spoke before I interrupted her.

"Look if you feel so insecure about your results, why don't you train to do your best?" I spoke with a thoughtful look on my face. "That way you'd get better test scores wouldn't you?"

Jiro looked me straight in the eye to see if I was joking. "Really?, I have no idea how to train my Quirk, or where to train my Quirk to begin with..."

"Who said anything about your Quirk?" I spoke with disdain as I stopped to look at her with serious eyes. "While Quirk is essential for a Hero, so is your body, after all you need a strong and healthy body to perform at your best as a Hero"

Jiro paused to look at me with narrowed eyes. "And where am I supposed to get a good place for that?"

I looked back at her. "I know several places to train."

After a few seconds of legendary battle with the gaze.

Jiro averted her gaze. "I could give it a try...but I warn you, I was never very athletic."

My eyes softened as I smiled calmly at her. "Don't worry! That's the point after all. Everyone has a first time at something!"

For some reason Jiro's cheeks turned a little red when I said that.....

"Wrong thought!"

"Oi!"

After that we arrived at a bus stop and headed to our homes, we quickly exchanged contact to better arrange exercise times and each went home.

Today was a long first day at UA, it was very tiring but also a lot of fun.

I can't wait for tomorrow!

 

***

<Japan / UA / 11:30>

"LET'S START WITH THE TEST BATTLES!!!"

.

..

What?!

...

If you like the story you can support me on my Patreon! You can read up to 5 chapters in advance!

https://www.patreon.com/rTem

...

146